coilman
coilman
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 1023
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5585
April 3rd, 2013 at 5:27:22 PM permalink
It took this long (since 2008) for the BBJ to reach $200k (quads beaten)? They must take a good chunk out for "promotional purposes".
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 6461
April 3rd, 2013 at 5:36:47 PM permalink
Something similar over $200,000 at Cleveland Horseshoe because casino admitted was due to a promotional boost to the BBJP. This meaning they simply added $200,000 to the jackpot.
Careful man! There's a beverage here! Being good is no fun. I want to make ignorant jokes too! :-| DJatc 41 18 69.49% GWAE 39 22 63.93% JohnZimbo 37 23 61.67% onenickelmiracle 37 26 58.73% Prozema 34 25 57.63% FourFiveFace 37 28 56.92%
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5585
April 3rd, 2013 at 6:44:05 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Something similar over $200,000 at Cleveland Horseshoe because casino admitted was due to a promotional boost to the BBJP. This meaning they simply added $200,000 to the jackpot.



Adding to the jackpot isn't unheard of either, but it's more common for casinos to take out portions of the BBJ to run other promos like "Aces Cracked" and "High Hand Bonuses". The more promos like this that they run, the slower the BBJ meter will grow. And since this is the first time that Windsor is >$200k, either the BBJ has been hit quite frequently in the past, or they have a lot of other poker promos, or take out of the BBJ for profit (usually illegal). Harrah's (now Hollywood) St. Louis only does $500 in "Aces Cracked" per day, has the same BBJ qualifier, and the BBJ is currently over $200k. The record at that casino was over $400k.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 6461
April 3rd, 2013 at 6:50:02 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Adding to the jackpot isn't unheard of either, but it's more common for casinos to take out portions of the BBJ to run other promos like "Aces Cracked" and "High Hand Bonuses". The more promos like this that they run, the slower the BBJ meter will grow. And since this is the first time that Windsor is >$200k, either the BBJ has been hit quite frequently in the past, or they have a lot of other poker promos, or take out of the BBJ for profit (usually illegal). Harrah's (now Hollywood) St. Louis only does $500 in "Aces Cracked" per day, has the same BBJ qualifier, and the BBJ is currently over $200k. The record at that casino was over $400k.


Very interesting. I did not know that and wouldn't have guessed.
Careful man! There's a beverage here! Being good is no fun. I want to make ignorant jokes too! :-| DJatc 41 18 69.49% GWAE 39 22 63.93% JohnZimbo 37 23 61.67% onenickelmiracle 37 26 58.73% Prozema 34 25 57.63% FourFiveFace 37 28 56.92%
24Bingo
24Bingo
Joined: Jul 4, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1347
April 3rd, 2013 at 8:42:29 PM permalink
The Foxwoods jackpot gets this high with some regularity, since the threshold (quad eights) is so high. Last summer it was over half a million.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi 
Joined: Mar 28, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1997
April 3rd, 2013 at 9:26:08 PM permalink
ive gotten player shares before but never hit a bbj myself. closest i came was at the orleans once. it was something like i had QQ vs J9cc. flop Q8c7 turn Tc river 7c. luckily he didnt realize he had a straight flush until his cards were flipped up so just called my c/r on the river instead of 3betting.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5585
April 3rd, 2013 at 9:27:40 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

The Foxwoods jackpot gets this high with some regularity, since the threshold (quad eights) is so high. Last summer it was over half a million.



Yeah, higher thresholds make it grow a lot more too. The new "Megabeat" networked BBJ for CET properties in NV hit for over $672k with a quad Tens threshold last month. It initially starts at $200k and quad Queens and drops a rank for every month not hit? (not sure of that last part). It's currently already up to $442k in 4 weeks after the reset...lol
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 85
  • Posts: 3126
April 4th, 2013 at 1:33:59 AM permalink
All of the Los Angeles poker rooms (Commerce, Bicycle, Hollywood) take an "administrative fee" out of the drop for the jackpots. I think it's as high as 50% of the drop the casino keeps for administration.

  • Jump to: