Poll

3 votes (18.75%)
13 votes (81.25%)

16 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 20th, 2012 at 9:24:24 AM permalink
Simply put, no starting QB has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. Will Peyton Manning prove the exception?

BTW the one who I think came closest was Kurt Warner. He won once with the Rams, of course, and then nearly mannaged to beat the Steelers when playing with, of all teams, Arizona. I'd say he came within two plays of doing so. One was Harrison's interception at the close of the 2nd quarter. The other was Holmes' amazing catch near the end of the game. had any of those play ended differently, IMO the Cardinals, of all teams, would have won.

Me, I think Manning and the Broncos won't even reach a Super Bowl. Discuss.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 20th, 2012 at 12:39:07 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Me, I think Manning and the Broncos won't even reach a Super Bowl. Discuss.

It pains me as a Broncos fan to say it, but I agree with you. I feel kind of like a broken record, but I can't overstate how much I believe Peyton is washed up, over the hill, a neck injury waiting to happen, etc. The Broncos have a decent supporting cast but are not a complete team by any stretch.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 20th, 2012 at 12:46:40 PM permalink
My guess is he is the likelihood of injury looms too large what with his age also factoring in. Might see some playoffs, but as someone pointed out today his brother is the one who has had the playoff magic.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 20th, 2012 at 12:54:17 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

It pains me as a Broncos fan to say it, but I agree with you. I feel kind of like a broken record, but I can't overstate how much I believe Peyton is washed up, over the hill, a neck injury waiting to happen, etc. The Broncos have a decent supporting cast but are not a complete team by any stretch.

The news is that Peyton auditioned for several teams, and that most teams have had their doctors look Peyton over. I assume they've looked at all the recent tests his doctors have perfomed on him, too. So the assumption is the various teams were satisfied the Manning is not damaged goods.

That said, there is some of a talisman of sorts mentality in the NFL. The idea that signing one key player will turn any team around and produce a Super Bowl team overnight. Certainlys ome teams ahve a key player or two missing, and adding them may turn them around, but that's rather rare. It takes a good head coach, good staff, good players, etc to make a good team.

That's why I thought San Francisco was a better choice for Manning. Harbaugh has proved to be a good coach and he's built a good organization around him. And SF is lacking in the QB department.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
gambler
gambler
  • Threads: 112
March 20th, 2012 at 1:10:07 PM permalink
I like Payton a lot and think that he is a great quarterback. Even if he is completely healthy and does not get hurt again, this year will be spent learning his teammates and having them learn his style of football. It will probably take several years for them to truly understand each other. I think Payton's time is running out.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 20th, 2012 at 1:57:48 PM permalink
AFC is open and all teams have question marks.

New England: No defense, all Brady
Pittsburgh: No running game and trouble scoring all year
Baltimore: 2 Words, Joe Flacco
Jets: 2 more, Mark Sanchez & 2 more, Rex Ryan
Houston: Maybe the best team when healthy

So I do think Denver could have a chance to get to the SB if they get hot in the AFC. The NFC has overall better teams with SF, NO, NY Giants, Philly?, GB and maybe Chicago and Dallas.
  • Jump to: