rebelaccountant
rebelaccountant
  • Threads: 8
February 22nd, 2012 at 1:51:44 PM permalink
Really off topic and absolutely nothing to with gambling so feel free to let this one die. I just need to blow off some steam.

I'm graduating in May so I'm trying to knock out the CPA before I get out. I'm taking my first section, Financial, a week from today, so I've been going hard at it with Becker (Review Course) for about 2 months, so I've pretty much hit burnout mode at this point and I think I'm about as ready as I get I think. Just wondering if anybody had any tips, drugs, magic potions, etc, etc... that could help me out last minute.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic, but I just need a study break!!!
Hotty Toddy!!!
hook3670
hook3670
  • Threads: 38
February 22nd, 2012 at 2:15:34 PM permalink
I feel your pain. I have an MBA and 15 years later I went back and got my accounting degree. I became CPA eligible, but found a great job an hour from my house, with a lot of non 9-5 days, in the meantime. Two years later I am still dragging my feet on taking the CPA!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 22nd, 2012 at 3:06:14 PM permalink
First day of college, first class accounting, prof said CPA= "Can't Pass Again."

My best advice is take an entire day to relax, I mean don't even turn on CNBC no matter how hot Bartiromo looks that day. Keep the head clear.

Good luck.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rebelaccountant
rebelaccountant
  • Threads: 8
February 22nd, 2012 at 3:26:01 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

First day of college, first class accounting, prof said CPA= "Can't Pass Again."

My best advice is take an entire day to relax, I mean don't even turn on CNBC no matter how hot Bartiromo looks that day. Keep the head clear.

Good luck.

Thanks! Love the Maria reference. She got brought up in class the other day. Gotta love Burnett too. Shame those kind of women only exist in TV land.....
Hotty Toddy!!!
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
February 22nd, 2012 at 3:29:21 PM permalink
Accounting Major = Slack off for four years and then struggle through the CPA exam.

Sorry, I was an accounting major and switched into computer engineering. I took two semesters worth of courses and I can honestly say that my new major has both smarter students and harder courses.

But not everyone can do accounting, so it's not a bad major to have. Good luck! :)
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
February 22nd, 2012 at 3:50:09 PM permalink
Quote: Triplell

Accounting Major = Slack off for four years and then struggle through the CPA exam.

Sorry, I was an accounting major and switched into computer engineering. I took two semesters worth of courses and I can honestly say that my new major has both smarter students and harder courses.

But not everyone can do accounting, so it's not a bad major to have. Good luck! :)

At most schools the accountancy major is the hardest in the business school. The intro courses are easy but then Intermediate Financial Accounting, a two semester course, is what weeds everybody out and gets them to choose easier majors. Maybe you fell victim to this?

In all reality, the CPA exam sucks, but most employers will give you a bonus if you complete all of the sections within a certain time frame.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 22nd, 2012 at 4:12:01 PM permalink
Quote: rebelaccountant

Shame those kind of women only exist in TV land.....

Old saying: Somewhere there is the best looking woman
in the world. And somewhere there's the man who's tired of
having sex with her.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 22nd, 2012 at 5:33:52 PM permalink
Just tell yourself: It could be worse. I could be in law.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: