aluisio
aluisio
  • Threads: 19
December 15th, 2011 at 6:42:18 PM permalink
Hail forum members!

I really don't see many sport related posts in this forum, so I question the success of this thread. I also know that soccer is not a big deal in America, so many of you guys will not find it interesting. But for those of you who want to learn a little bit more from this sport or enjoy a great game I would suggest watching to FIFA Club World Cup final match, Sunday, December 18th.
The decision is always held in Japan and gathers fans from all over the world. This year's decision is between Santos Futebol Clube (Brazilian team) and Futebol Clube Barcelona (Spanish team); whose main stars are Neymar and Messi, in this order.

Interesting detail: Santos, besides beeing the soccer team that I support is the team that revealed Pelé, who is knows as the best soccer player in the history.
I am pretty sure it will be a great match, with quality and displays like no other seem before. I am also realistic to say that Barcelona is favorite by far, but many websites are daring to say that this is "The match of the century".

No bounce, no play.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
December 17th, 2011 at 9:59:56 AM permalink
Be careful what you say about soccer on here; the last soccer fan to post here got driven away . . . :)

That said, I enjoy soccer and support FC Barcelona. I have their jersey. Mainly, I like them because they don't have any ads on their jersey. (Well, now they have UNICEF -- how liberal dippy new-age can you get? :)) I hate that NASCAR-like sponsorship banner most teams display on their chests. Barca ain't too bad a team, neither.

I don't have a team in South America I support but the Brazilian national team is always exciting.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
aluisio
aluisio
  • Threads: 19
December 17th, 2011 at 10:02:27 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Be careful what you say about soccer on here; the last soccer fan to post here got driven away . . . :)

I am sorry but I am not familiar with his story. Would you mind developing it? You can send me a private message if you want.

Besides that, Barcelona is a great team. We will have such a challenge tomorrow!
No bounce, no play.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 17th, 2011 at 4:06:51 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I don't have a team in South America I support but the Brazilian national team is always exciting.

Not always. At some point they do play soccer :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 17th, 2011 at 8:38:40 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Not always. At some point they do play soccer :P

And that was the least venemous post I've ever seen Nareed make about soccer. She must be in the Xmas spirit ;)

On topic, go Brazil! For no other reason that it's alphabetically superior!
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 18th, 2011 at 5:53:39 AM permalink
Quote: Face

And that was the least venemous post I've ever seen Nareed make about soccer. She must be in the Xmas spirit ;)

Please. I'm just toning it down in the religious arguments.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
poosmells
poosmells
  • Threads: 8
December 19th, 2011 at 12:52:03 PM permalink
Soccer is good training for real sports like Badminton, Ping Pong and Chearleading.
"Stupid people are Stupid and that is Stupid."
  • Jump to: