1 vote (20%)

5 members have voted

s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
October 14th, 2011 at 8:12:38 PM permalink
Quote: algle

Quote: The word of God, Second Kings Chapter 2 Verses 23:24

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Sorry, where's the link between the curse and the bears' appearance? Could be a very convenient coincidence.
And, it's a pretty big leap of faith(!) to assume that what someone wrote as "the word of God" is in fact the word of God.

If I'm not mistaken, the link between the curse and the bears appearance occurs somewhere around the word "then". Curse "Then" Bears. Since it is in the bible it must be the word of God otherwise we can pick and choose what applies and what doesn't based on our personal preferences.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 14th, 2011 at 10:02:21 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

If so, pretty odd that the Gays today don't like him a bit for what he had to say.

LOL, of course not. He was in the closet, the worst kind
of religious zealot. Its like the guy on the city council
who is rabidly against child molestors, until he himself
is arrested for it.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 15th, 2011 at 3:19:09 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

LOL, of course not. He was in the closet, the worst kind
of religious zealot. Its like the guy on the city council
who is rabidly against child molestors, until he himself
is arrested for it.

There's a book out on this. According to this article the author has said he wants the homosexual community to be more accepting of Paul. I'm not offended to imagine Paul a homosexual per se, but I am offended by some of the assumptions that are being made, and I am never impressed by people with an agenda.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: