odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 13th, 2011 at 8:28:41 AM permalink
14 Quarterbacks had over 300 yds passing someone said on the radio, for this weekend, and cited that the defense is getting weakened by regs being the reason.

A friend said they hadnt been watching too much football lately. I responded that they should definitely watch what they can now, it's the last of it as we know it, if it isnt too late now... future football will be quite different IMO
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 13th, 2011 at 10:03:12 AM permalink
I put more weight for the big increase in passing yardage on the strike, and the revised spring training rules for veterans. Players on both sides of the line are are out of sync and out of shape, but the impact is greater on the defensive players since they have to react to an offense knows where and when they are supposed to be. That will change in the second half of the season as scouting, coaching and conditioning even up.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
toastcmu
toastcmu
  • Threads: 17
September 13th, 2011 at 2:07:35 PM permalink
Will we see more high yardage games from QB's with the new kickoff rules though? Instead of a punt return/special teams large run, it seems like a majority of the kickoffs will end in touchbacks, so the QBs are starting from their own 20. Just food for thought. That being said there are still some large runs and TDs out of kickoffs, but I'd be curious as the season progresses, to see if the new kickoff rules are allowing the QB to gain more yardage than he would previously have, since they vast majority of kickoffs would run out to the 25-35 yard range it seems.

-B
  • Jump to: