HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
July 20th, 2011 at 10:18:11 AM permalink
Does anyone on here go to the annual Comic-Con in San Diego?

I had a friend who was trying to get me in on his professional pass but we've lost touch and I'm not going to hit him up just for that. I heard it's tough to get a pass and they're non-transferable. Although I'm not a comic book fan, I've heard this event is all the rage and I'd be interested in going and checking it out if it was possible.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 20th, 2011 at 11:22:13 AM permalink
Check Craig's list. I have several friends who attend regularly. They always come back with loads of swag, and insider news on projects in production.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 20th, 2011 at 11:26:21 AM permalink
I put an ad on Craig's list a long time ago and got zero responses. I even tried to get a pass from Comic-Con themselves. The passes are non-transferable and if you decide to get a refund you have to do so directly through them. They then sell and re-release these passes again. I asked them how I can obtain one of these and they said to "Like" them on Facebook so I can be notified of when they were coming out with the second batch of passes. I never received any notice. :(
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 20th, 2011 at 12:10:29 PM permalink
Here's an ebay listing. I would arrange payment in person after gettng the goods though.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
July 20th, 2011 at 12:52:53 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Here's an ebay listing. I would arrange payment in person after gettng the goods though.

I just checked out the link. I don't think that sale is legal.

Here's what I got from the Comic-Con Website:

"By registering for a badge, paid or complimentary you agree not to sell, trade or share your comp code, barcode confirmation or badge to anyone else with out written permission from Comic-Con International and further you agree that if you do so, Comic-Con has the right to cancel your badges and keep any money you may have paid. Barcodes and badges that have been sold will not be honored by Comic-Con."

I don't know if this guy on eBay can get away with selling his passes.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 20th, 2011 at 12:57:55 PM permalink
An illegal sale on Ebay ??
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
  • Jump to: