ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
July 9th, 2011 at 8:22:50 AM permalink
OK, so I'm a big fan of the show, and was looking ahead at possible loose ends that haven't been tied up in past seasons, guessing what might come up in s. 6.

(Yes, some of you probably think it's stupid. That's fine, just let us fanboys have a little fun.)

1. Debra knows that Brian and Dexter are brothers, but nothing came of it at the end of s. 4.
2. Lumen is still alive.
3. Dexter killed the guy in the bathroom at the beginning of s. 5 without all the plastic and stuff, nothing came of it.
4. Quinn still has the pictures of Dexter and Lumen on the boat getting rid of (I think) Tilden.
5. More evidence might come up suggesting Doakes was framed, although it's not like the show to pull off undeveloped surprises like that.
6. Ramon Prado is still alive, he lost his brothers.
EDIT: 7. Trinity's family can still identify Kyle Butler.

Overall, there just seems to be a lot of "touches" that other serial killers have with Dexter ... Brian, Doakes*, Miguel Prado, Trinity, Jordan Chase. Yes, it's a TV show, but even so.

Plus, what does "going back to what he does best" even mean? Another GF for camoflage? Astor, Cody, and Harrison are still around, and I can't see him "dating" again after Rita and Lumen both dumped* him. And, I can't see him dumping them on the grandparents, especially since Harrison only has Rita's mom, who's a psycho. He does seem to have some grip on being a good parent.

My best guess is, it will look something like s. 2, with Dexter nearly getting caught. I can also see Cody or Harrison seeing Dexter make a kill by accident. And, I see Debra starting to doubt Dexter as she starts to see lies like Rita did (which, if the interviews I saw were right, was a big part of her getting killed off). Debra won't get killed off, but I can totally see Dexter killing someone he works with, maybe Quinn as that role seems to be the "Defense Against Dark Arts Teacher" role in the series.

Anyone else have any ideas?
  • Jump to: