33 members have voted

DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
April 4th, 2011 at 12:34:24 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Truth of Consequences, Arizona, home of Cactus Jack

Actually, he's from Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

I would have let the first one go as a typo, but....

---

Google Map
Wikipedia Page

By the way, according to the Wikipedia page:
Quote:

The town was the fictional hometown of Cactus Jack and Dude Love, two of the several professional wrestling personas of Mick Foley.

Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
April 4th, 2011 at 12:43:33 PM permalink
new trolling ground for mkl654321
NO KILL I
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 4th, 2011 at 12:57:14 PM permalink
And here is Mosca, who turns out to be a 20-year-old DJ from London, UK. Had us all fooled, hadn't you?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
April 4th, 2011 at 1:12:27 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

And here is Mosca, who turns out to be a 20-year-old DJ from London, UK. Had us all fooled, hadn't you?

LOL... actually, I found my hometown location, through google, using information I've posted freely here. It wouldn't take much past that to find out the rest.
NO KILL I
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
April 4th, 2011 at 1:17:30 PM permalink
Et moi, je suis Francaise! Mon dieu!

FarFromVegas

Et tres jeune, alors...
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 4th, 2011 at 3:01:18 PM permalink
Thinking about all of this should remind all of us that our personal information that we put out here is not private, at all. You can compile a ton of information on individuals especially if you have a consistent online presence. That much is obvious.

Websites can track IP addresses. IP addresses can be tracked to service providers but no deeper than that without court orders. But if you leave an online presence, you can get hometown, address, phone number, etc. Burglars break into homes using facebook updates and cross referencing names with addresses.

Hackers break into web storefronts all of the time and get people's addresses, email addresses, credit card information and so on. Nothing is really safe.

So my best advice is to not create enemies on the Web... as you never know when they will come out to haunt you.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
April 4th, 2011 at 3:52:30 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

So my best advice is to not create enemies on the Web... as you never know when they will come out to haunt you.

On that note....

I hope nobody things I was being a show-off / know-it-all with my posts about Kalamazoo and Truth Or Consequences. I KNEW that Kalamazoo is a real town, but had only a distant bell ringing about Truth Or Consequences.

Of course, the real cool part is the internet. I find it just so cool and fun to Google and Wikipedia stuff, and I felt like sharing my findings.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 4th, 2011 at 4:23:10 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Note how the R and F are next to each other on the keyboard :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 4th, 2011 at 4:51:33 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Quote: DJTeddyBear

Note how the R and F are next to each other on the keyboard :)

Actually where the letters are on the keyboard but originally meant to slow down the typist so the striker arms would not jam up.
OOOps showing my age again. remember typewriters ?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
April 4th, 2011 at 5:00:08 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

Actually where the letters are on the keyboard but originally meant to slow down the typist so the striker arms would not jam up.
OOOps showing my age again. remember typewriters ?

Hey, I learned to type on one, am I old?

As long as you also seem to like trivia, after the keys were re-arranged they switched two so salesmen could write "TYPEWRITER" using only the top line.

Is there a correlation betwing knowing this nonsense and being single?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing

• Jump to: