Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1336
April 25th, 2011 at 10:39:44 AM permalink
I just returned from a week in Hawaii. As far as I know the dates of my Shasta/Hood trip are still not set in stone by the trip leader. There is also a chance I'll be kicked off the trip because I missed a training class on crevasse rescue. I hate to appear indecisive, but I still can't commit to anything at this point, but will do my best to make myself available.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 302
April 25th, 2011 at 10:45:17 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I missed a training class on crevasse rescue.

just tell them you saw that movie and all the guy has to do is chop his hand off
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 25th, 2011 at 11:21:50 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

just tell them you saw that movie and all the guy has to do is chop his hand off

Very funny! However, that wasn't a crevasse. I have not seen the movie yet, but from what I've heard, that incident happened in what is referred to as a "slot canyon."
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
April 25th, 2011 at 12:31:45 PM permalink
What is this event everyone's talking about??
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
April 25th, 2011 at 3:59:07 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

What is this event everyone's talking about??

A get-together in Las Vegas in June, particularly Wednesday afternoon 6/15 at Main Street Station and possibly other days/times. Try a search on thread titles containing "WoVCon". There are several threads discussing possible activities. I think we are mostly counting on Croupier to get this organized.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 25th, 2011 at 4:22:33 PM permalink
There is a Shasta/Hood meeting Wednesday evening. After that I should know if and when I'm going on that trip.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
April 27th, 2011 at 10:47:30 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

A get-together in Las Vegas in June, particularly Wednesday afternoon 6/15 at Main Street Station and possibly other days/times. Try a search on thread titles containing "WoVCon". There are several threads discussing possible activities. I think we are mostly counting on Croupier to get this organized.

It is more or less organised. I think the best think will be to go with the flow on the day, depending on the numbers that turn up.

The info on time and date as well as some general discussion can be found here
[This space is intentionally left blank]
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 27th, 2011 at 11:10:59 AM permalink
Hey Croupier,

I think there are some changes needed to the list at the front of this chain: Avargov, MDH, and Doc look to definitely be "in." Presumably JL2 will not attend, since he's banned from the site. Maybe altut or helicious can verify that for us:-)

Also, the timing of my trip does not work out for my girlfriend, so I'm coming solo.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
April 27th, 2011 at 11:31:39 AM permalink
Thanks for the easy update list.

And loving the Silent Bob Quote from Clerks.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
April 27th, 2011 at 2:02:29 PM permalink
I am 99% sure I will be there, but my car won't be, so I will have to find a ride there. Perhaps I will try good 'ole public transportation since the rest of my family won't appear until late Weds early Thurs. I guess I could always bobtail over as well, then I can feel all manly with a 15-litre, 535 horse engine...lol.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson

• Jump to: