Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 24th, 2011 at 8:17:27 PM permalink
Quote: Croupier

lol. I take that as a personal challenge! :P

Don't we all? I wouldn't be surprised if we also wind up running a pool on who'll win at poker. Why play one game when you can play two?

Quote:

I was worried it was going to be a washout, with only Nareed, rdw4potus and a couple of others showing interest. Good to hear the numbers are rising. It will also be intereting to see if any lurkers show up to the festivities.

The more the merrier, no question. But any gathering of five or more, not counting the Wizard, ought to qualify as a success. I mean, we're not that many to begin with, we have different vacation schedules and so on. So all things considered five is good. And plenty enough for poker.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
February 24th, 2011 at 8:20:51 PM permalink
Quote: clarkacal

Even Nareed and Nick'sgamingstuff could observe the fashions and pretty footwear on the dancers.

I don't like this comment.
Nareed
Nareed
February 24th, 2011 at 9:13:44 PM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

I don't like this comment.

I didn't either, but I thought it was meant as a joke.

Besides, anyone who knows anything knows a tranny won't look at shoes when there's lingerie available :P
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
February 25th, 2011 at 5:43:40 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Any news yet?

Yep, here's what I found out:

Quote: A Binions Poker Dealer

To answer your question, yes I'm sure Binions would be very welcoming to your private poker tourney. I would offer Binions as a venue on the site, however I'm not in a position to do that. What I can do is point you in the right direction so that you can speak to the appropriate people. I would recommend speaking to Paul Campbell about this. He is one of the Poker Room shift supervisors. He can be reached at the poker room (702-366-7397) from 5p-1a everyday except Tuesday and Friday. You can also stop by and speak to him if thats easier. I would recommend not calling between 630p-730p and 930p-1030p as tournaments are starting around this time and he can be quite busy. Hope this helps.

Looking forward to it!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 25th, 2011 at 6:25:28 AM permalink
Thanks a lot ZippyBoy. I may be able to et in contact with him closer to the time. As you may or may not know, I live in the UK, so contacting people in Vegas can be quite difficult without email, but now I have a number I can call him from the hotel, and maybe also go and see him to confirm.

I arrive in Vegas the Week before WoVCon, and hopefully will be able to get the final details sorted then.

Thanks again for your help, and it looks like the inaugural WoVCon Poker Championships will be held at Binions.

Ill start a seperate thread for a poll for buy ins people would be comfortable with.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
98steps
98steps
  • Threads: 4
February 25th, 2011 at 6:30:55 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Don't we all? I wouldn't be surprised if we also wind up running a pool on who'll win at poker. Why play one game when you can play two?

The more the merrier, no question. But any gathering of five or more, not counting the Wizard, ought to qualify as a success. I mean, we're not that many to begin with, we have different vacation schedules and so on. So all things considered five is good. And plenty enough for poker.

I may be one of the Black Sheep of the community, but I will be planning on attending.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
February 25th, 2011 at 6:54:35 AM permalink
Quote: 98steps

I may be one of the Black Sheep of the community, but I will be planning on attending.

Hey, look who is here. Welcome back!

So...details, details. What happened after you quit posting your craps wins and losses?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
98steps
98steps
  • Threads: 4
February 25th, 2011 at 8:02:52 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Hey, look who is here. Welcome back!

So...details, details. What happened after you quit posting your craps wins and losses?

Thank you for the warm welcome. No details to report really. I have been on a several month lay off. Addressing many family concerns. Separating from my wife. Moving to Vegas and getting situated. Fighting the Vegas economy for work. Testing, testing, testing my theories and strategies. And negotiating with investors.

Currently, I beleive that I am about 3 weeks away from getting started again. This time with the full bankroll.
Nareed
Nareed
February 25th, 2011 at 9:19:56 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Yep, here's what I found out:

Thanks, Zippy.

I look forward to meeting your boast at the table. Pride goeth before the fall and all that (and sure I'll make some ill-advised boast between now and WovCon, too ) ;)
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
May 8th, 2011 at 10:40:18 AM permalink
Not long now, so I am bumping all the WoVCon threads.

If there are enough of us that want to play, I think we will be able to organise some sort of private poker game. Ill get more details when I get to Vegas after the 8th June and speak to the CRS at Binions.

The Wiz did mention a trivia quiz, I assume this could be conducted in the 777, but if anyone has any brighter ideas by all means.

I was also thinking if a few of us get on, along with the carpooling someone suggested, we could arrange a group trip to the pinball HOF.
[This space is intentionally left blank]

• Jump to: