Thread Rating:

MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 46
Thanks for this post from:
MDawg
September 10th, 2021 at 1:37:44 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

You are aware that your body does NOT store excess vitamins or supplements and will pass any unused excess.

Well, that's flat-out 100% wrong.

"The body does not need these vitamins every day and stores them in the liver and adipose (fat) tissue when not used."

https://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/nutrition-food-safety-health/fat-soluble-vitamins-a-d-e-and-k-9-315/
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 49
September 10th, 2021 at 8:16:28 PM permalink
I take Omega-3 fish oil pills (OTC pills prescribed by my doctor). 3x800 mg. I sometimes take a chewable B-2. And turmeric as an anti-inflammatory. Getting old is a beach.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
FastEddie
FastEddie
  • Threads: 0
September 10th, 2021 at 8:58:57 PM permalink
Baby aspirin at night. That is it.Got lucky in gene pool. Dad was a smoker
If not might be alive today I am 80+ 6ft 180.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
Wellbush
September 11th, 2021 at 7:38:56 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

The article you linked talks about 4 fat soluble vitamins which can be stored for long periods of time and can be TOXIC in excess amounts. The article says nothing about supplements or other vitamins such as B; C; etc. Perhaps you should require yourself to tell the WHOLE TRUTH.

tuttigym
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 192
MichaelBluejay
September 11th, 2021 at 7:55:20 AM permalink

The article you linked talks about 4 fat soluble vitamins which can be stored for long periods of time and can be TOXIC in excess amounts. The article says nothing about supplements or other vitamins such as B; C; etc. Perhaps you should require yourself to tell the WHOLE TRUTH.

tuttigym

• link to original post

Or you could admit that your statement was not flat out 100% correct. The body holds some and doesn't hold others. Your blanket statement was incorrect, or at best -partially correct.
    MichaelBluejay
    MichaelBluejay
    • Threads: 46
    September 11th, 2021 at 8:51:49 AM permalink

Speak for yourself. Here's your statement again:

You are aware that your body does NOT store excess vitamins or supplements and will pass any unused excess.

As stated, that's pure unadulterated B.S. You didn't say "some" vitamins or supplements, so your claim was that *no* vitamins or supplements are stored. All that was needed to disprove your claim was to show that *any* are stored. Which is what I did. You were wrong, period.

Much as you wish to believe that I erred, I wasn't the one who made a blanket statement, you were. And it's funny that the basis of your recent argument is that I made a blanket statement, since that's precisely what you're guilty of. Projection much?
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    Wellbush
    September 12th, 2021 at 9:33:07 AM permalink
    Or you could admit that your statement was not flat out 100% correct. The body holds some and doesn't hold others. Your blanket statement was incorrect, or at best -partially correct.
  • link to original post

And Michael Bluejay's statement?? "Blanket statements" abound throughout this forum. My statement was more correct than incorrect, 4 vitamins vs all the rest plus the huge number of supplements taken and/or available.

Thanks for piling on. It is always a joy to expose concern disguised as morality.

tuttigym
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    Wellbush
    September 12th, 2021 at 9:38:44 AM permalink

Much as you wish to believe that I erred, I wasn't the one who made a blanket statement, you were. And it's funny that the basis of your recent argument is that I made a blanket statement, since that's precisely what you're guilty of. Projection much?

• link to original post

Ah, but you did. I guess your "B.S." trumps all others, right? Well so be it and keep on trying. Like I said, you need to up your game and maybe .......

tuttigym
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    Wellbush
    September 12th, 2021 at 9:42:51 AM permalink

Another Michael Bluejay overstated chest pumping exaggeration of moral authority. Thanks Mr. Bluejay, we all needed that.

tuttigym
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    • Threads: 8
    September 12th, 2021 at 10:03:23 AM permalink

Ah, but you did. I guess your "B.S." trumps all others, right? Well so be it and keep on trying. Like I said, you need to up your game and maybe .......

tuttigym

• link to original post

Quote: Forum Rules

Absolutely no personal insults. If you disagree with another forum member, politely attack the writing, not the writer.

Three days.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: