• Threads: 30
January 26th, 2021 at 1:39:40 PM permalink
I just saw a FREE JULIAN ASSANGE post about a bet whether Assange will be pardoned by Trump or not, and it gives me an inspiration to start this betting/gambling thread with the subject title: Trump is a Criminal or Is Trump a Criminal – Is It a Bet? I guess the answer to that question is greatly depend on how you want to bet or view the bet describes below:

Anyone interest in a bet whether Trump will be in jail any time before or on 3rd November 2023? I want to emphasize that keywords in this bet are “be in jail” because even if Trump is convicted of treason, money launderings, tax evasions, sexual assaults or other civil/criminal matters may not land Trump in jail on or before the 3rd November 2023 date due to judicial appeal processes or Trump simply just gets lucky and die before seeing a prison cell.

Does anyone interested in this bet, and what odds do you want and how much do you want to bet?

P/S
Please keep the betting discussion here civil and in the context of betting/wagering/gambling only.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 64
January 26th, 2021 at 1:50:22 PM permalink
Politicians are nothing but criminals that skirts around the laws. I don't consider Trump a politician so the things that he has done, good or bad is because he's just a business man who happened to become president.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
January 26th, 2021 at 2:24:21 PM permalink
Quote: 777

Anyone interest in a bet whether Trump will be in jail any time before or on 3rd November 2023? I want to emphasize that keywords in this bet are “be in jail” because even if Trump is convicted of treason, money launderings, tax evasions, sexual assaults or other civil/criminal matters may not land Trump in jail on or before the 3rd November 2023 date due to judicial appeal processes or Trump simply just gets lucky and die before seeing a prison cell.

Does anyone interested in this bet, and what odds do you want and how much do you want to bet?

P/S
Please keep the betting discussion here civil and in the context of betting/wagering/gambling only.

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2023.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jan 26, 2021
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
January 26th, 2021 at 2:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2013.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.

I think the odds are slim to none
Somewhere in the thousand to 1 range and that's generous.
I can see fines and penalties but no way in the Pokey.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
January 26th, 2021 at 2:35:55 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I think the odds are slim to none
Somewhere in the thousand to 1 range and that's generous.
I can see fines and penalties but no way in the Pokey.

Woot Woot. If I can get long odds like that, I'd up my stake. I can see the reason for that date now, BTW.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
January 26th, 2021 at 3:27:05 PM permalink
Who knows what will come out now that he is out of power? If i was a bookmaker and had to make a line, I'd give 20-1 for those who think he will spend a day in jail, and you'd have to lay 50-1 if you want the 'no'. So around 3% chance he spends a night in the pokey.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 26th, 2021 at 3:27:42 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2013.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.

Does house arrest qualify?

And assume you mean 2023 not 2013
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
January 26th, 2021 at 4:00:32 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

And assume you mean 2023 not 2013

If it was stuck in an embassy like Assange, I'd see that as involuntary incarceration. House arrest, less so, unless he had a GPS bracelet on his leg.
Yes. 2023.
Quite a difference between 20:1 and 1000:1
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
January 26th, 2021 at 4:23:06 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

I believe that's likely the closest thing to confinement he would ever receive.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1372
January 26th, 2021 at 4:44:43 PM permalink
I'd like to remind the forum that political statements are not allowed. However, talking about betting on politics is.

A good litmus test about whether a post breaks forum rules is if it reveals a political opinion of the poster.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: