Thread Rating:

Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
March 18th, 2021 at 4:31:29 PM permalink
What scares me is the real possibility of Employers firing Employees who refuse the Vaccines. There have been talks of this possibly happening, and if it does, it would most likely cause yet another Recession in an already ongoing Recession.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 175
March 18th, 2021 at 7:10:57 PM permalink
Quote: Starburger

What scares me is the real possibility of Employers firing Employees who refuse the Vaccines. There have been talks of this possibly happening, and if it does, it would most likely cause yet another Recession in an already ongoing Recession.

One might assume it could take a similar form as this, if it takes any form at all. But not heard anything at all.

Quote:

State law determines whether it's legal to discriminate against smokers. Employers who adopt policies like these say that they are only trying to save money and improve workplace morale. Smokers generally have higher-than-average health care costs and higher absenteeism rates than nonsmokers. Nonsmokers may complain about the quality of the air (whether inside the building, if smoking is allowed, or outside the entrances) and about the smoking breaks that their colleagues take.

Federal law doesn't address this issue, but a number of states prohibit employers from discriminating against smokers. These state laws take several forms:

The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
rsactuary
March 19th, 2021 at 6:58:40 AM permalink
Quote: Starburger

I would be all for it. It would give the people that didn't get the shot an opportunity to start their own business to compete with their employer by hiring the ones that did not get the shot. Anything that causes more competition is good in my opinion.
Order from chaos
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 229
RogerKint
March 25th, 2021 at 4:50:30 AM permalink
The US is about to reach a surprise milestone: too many vaccines, not enough takers

I am not the only one does not want it. Says almost 1 in 3 people have no plans to get it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
RogerKintMaxPen
March 25th, 2021 at 6:46:44 AM permalink
Count me among the 1 in 3. I've yet to hear a convincing argument why I should get vaccinated. I'm extremely healthy, and COVID isn't a threat to me.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 67
March 25th, 2021 at 9:05:45 AM permalink
You're lying to yourself.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
rsactuary
March 25th, 2021 at 10:19:18 AM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Count me among the 1 in 3. I've yet to hear a convincing argument why I should get vaccinated. I'm extremely healthy, and COVID isn't a threat to me.

You sound like an ideal pair of legs for this virus. You can reasonably expect to catch it: Incubate it: Spread it, and not a care in the world.

I'm glad it 's no threat to you or anyone that you might share it with. Or maybe you are not concerned about them?

Stay Safe
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
rsactuary
March 25th, 2021 at 10:24:01 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The US is about to reach a surprise milestone: too many vaccines, not enough takers

I am not the only one does not want it. Says almost 1 in 3 people have no plans to get it.

May you be blessed with the joy of strong antibodies. How you acquire them is partly your choice.

You are already in a minority (1 in 3) As the virus spreads, you might find yourself in a new minority: Those with no antibodies. Rather you than me.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 175
March 25th, 2021 at 10:47:39 AM permalink
A really vigorous immune system can actually overreact to an infection and end up killing you. You might say it brings out the nukes to kill the invader, and you end up not surviving the war.

But otherwise itís usually good to have a vigorous immune system.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
March 25th, 2021 at 11:01:44 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A really vigorous immune system can actually overreact to an infection and end up killing you. You might say it brings out the nukes to kill the invader, and you end up not surviving the war.

But otherwise itís usually good to have a vigorous immune system.

Yes. The cytokine storm.
Quote:

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for the disproportionate number of healthy young adult deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed 17 to 50 million people. In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset.

Different disease, I grant you. Just don't pin your hopes on a strong and healthy immune system if it's never met Covid virus or had the warm up routine for fighting it.

• Jump to: