Thread Rating:

Starburger
Starburger
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 18th, 2021 at 4:31:29 PM permalink
What scares me is the real possibility of Employers firing Employees who refuse the Vaccines. There have been talks of this possibly happening, and if it does, it would most likely cause yet another Recession in an already ongoing Recession.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 18th, 2021 at 7:10:57 PM permalink
Quote: Starburger

What scares me is the real possibility of Employers firing Employees who refuse the Vaccines. There have been talks of this possibly happening, and if it does, it would most likely cause yet another Recession in an already ongoing Recession.

One might assume it could take a similar form as this, if it takes any form at all. But not heard anything at all.

Quote:

State law determines whether it's legal to discriminate against smokers. Employers who adopt policies like these say that they are only trying to save money and improve workplace morale. Smokers generally have higher-than-average health care costs and higher absenteeism rates than nonsmokers. Nonsmokers may complain about the quality of the air (whether inside the building, if smoking is allowed, or outside the entrances) and about the smoking breaks that their colleagues take.

Federal law doesn't address this issue, but a number of states prohibit employers from discriminating against smokers. These state laws take several forms:

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
rsactuary
March 19th, 2021 at 6:58:40 AM permalink
Quote: Starburger

I would be all for it. It would give the people that didn't get the shot an opportunity to start their own business to compete with their employer by hiring the ones that did not get the shot. Anything that causes more competition is good in my opinion.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 25th, 2021 at 4:50:30 AM permalink
The US is about to reach a surprise milestone: too many vaccines, not enough takers

I am not the only one does not want it. Says almost 1 in 3 people have no plans to get it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKintMaxPen
March 25th, 2021 at 6:46:44 AM permalink
Count me among the 1 in 3. I've yet to hear a convincing argument why I should get vaccinated. I'm extremely healthy, and COVID isn't a threat to me.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
March 25th, 2021 at 9:05:45 AM permalink
You're lying to yourself.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
rsactuary
March 25th, 2021 at 10:19:18 AM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Count me among the 1 in 3. I've yet to hear a convincing argument why I should get vaccinated. I'm extremely healthy, and COVID isn't a threat to me.

You sound like an ideal pair of legs for this virus. You can reasonably expect to catch it: Incubate it: Spread it, and not a care in the world.

I'm glad it 's no threat to you or anyone that you might share it with. Or maybe you are not concerned about them?

Stay Safe
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
rsactuary
March 25th, 2021 at 10:24:01 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The US is about to reach a surprise milestone: too many vaccines, not enough takers

I am not the only one does not want it. Says almost 1 in 3 people have no plans to get it.

May you be blessed with the joy of strong antibodies. How you acquire them is partly your choice.

You are already in a minority (1 in 3) As the virus spreads, you might find yourself in a new minority: Those with no antibodies. Rather you than me.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
rxwine
rxwine
March 25th, 2021 at 10:47:39 AM permalink
A really vigorous immune system can actually overreact to an infection and end up killing you. You might say it brings out the nukes to kill the invader, and you end up not surviving the war.

But otherwise it’s usually good to have a vigorous immune system.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
OnceDear
OnceDear
March 25th, 2021 at 11:01:44 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A really vigorous immune system can actually overreact to an infection and end up killing you. You might say it brings out the nukes to kill the invader, and you end up not surviving the war.

But otherwise it’s usually good to have a vigorous immune system.

Yes. The cytokine storm.
Quote:

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for the disproportionate number of healthy young adult deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed 17 to 50 million people. In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset.

Different disease, I grant you. Just don't pin your hopes on a strong and healthy immune system if it's never met Covid virus or had the warm up routine for fighting it.
rxwine
rxwine
March 25th, 2021 at 11:41:20 AM permalink
So much easier to get a vaccine, otherwise covid will still be there next year and the year after that for you. It’s like Chuck Norris. It’s not going away completely, it just waiting. Plus, being unvaccinated just contributes to variants.
OnceDear
OnceDear
March 25th, 2021 at 11:59:03 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

So much easier to get a vaccine, otherwise covid will still be there next year and the year after that for you. It’s like Chuck Norris. It’s not going away completely, it just waiting. Plus, being unvaccinated just contributes to variants.

Covid will indeed be here year after year. Most governments and medical experts see a best case scenario where we beat it down to a manageable level like seasonal flu. To have NO antibodies to it, while it's spreading exponentially, would seem to be a bad choice.

Hence my wish for my fellow man to get tooled up with antibodies ASAP. Of course there are some who prefer to risk offering their own lungs to do it's hosting.

I can understand arguments for hesitating because the vaccine may be perceived as rushed (I saw the Will Smith film, I Am Legend, which gave fictional virologists a bad rep $;o) ), but some folk go the extra mile in their stubborness. Some folks won't be reasoned with even as millions of us offer our arms and survive.
Oh hum. Neither can the virus be reasoned with. It cares not one jot what I think or what they think. All it wants is a nice cosy incubator for a few weeks.
Not all of your 500,000 dead were keen volunteers. Some just happened to get in proximity with one.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Mar 25, 2021
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 25th, 2021 at 12:40:16 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: AZDuffman

May you be blessed with the joy of strong antibodies. How you acquire them is partly your choice.

You are already in a minority (1 in 3) As the virus spreads, you might find yourself in a new minority: Those with no antibodies. Rather you than me.

You either got it or are getting it so you are safe. I do not want to risk something brought out so fast for what is just a bad case of the flu. 99.5%+ survival rate. I do not see why the It is a lesson how repressive governments keep control.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
March 25th, 2021 at 12:59:16 PM permalink
Tried signing up for a vaccine this afternoon. The form keeps expiring every 15 minutes, so I had to restart several times, I'm not sure it was even 15 minutes. Older folk would not finish it in half an hour. So each time I had to re-enter the appointment calendar, I'd get different dates for the same location. First it said a week from now, but only one appointment available, then when I click on it, it's gone. I think my sessions timed out because someone else beat me in finishing up the form for the same time slot. It became apparent that the competition for time slots is like the last day of an e-bay auction. So I wound up with an appointment just after May 1st, and another one for 3 weeks later. I Registered for the appointment, it sent me a confirmation e-mail, I was printing up the info, then I clicked Done on the website and it said my session timed out and I'd have to start again. I'll have to find some way to confirm my appointment. I'll have to drive over 50 miles to the arena where the vaccinations are being distributed. They're taking appointments for the next couple of months, and since the age was just lowered to 50+, they'll be gone very soon.
  • Jump to: