Thread Rating:

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 211
March 15th, 2021 at 2:13:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I might be wrong, but I thought it was perfectly within the guidelines for a doctor to recommend vaccinations for higher risk individuals.

I haven't heard nor read that, but suspect it may be the case. And it sort of makes sense to me. It also makes sense that this wouldn't be too publicized. Otherwise, everyone is going to go running to their doctors making the case for themselves.

As for myself, I am feeling a little guilty, but not enough that I am not going to take advantage of the opportunity.
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 3
March 15th, 2021 at 3:02:18 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

My doctor called me this morning and wants me to come in for the vaccine this week. It really is not my turn yet according to the Nevada guidelines. I am in my 30's with "conditions". I figured I was still a month away from my turn. Doctor says because I have had issues with my covid experience, a heart related complication last summer and lingering longterm issues with fatigue, that he wants me to get it now rather than later. I am not sure how I feel about this, although I agreed to come in on Wednesday. Feels like I am cheating and jumping the line.

Look at it this way the next in line after you could be a 65-year-old Baccarat player.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
March 15th, 2021 at 3:40:22 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

IOW, those of us in no hurry to get it are looking better.

Why, did you move to Europe where it was approved?.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 251
March 15th, 2021 at 4:49:42 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why, did you move to Europe where it was approved?.

Yeah, AZ has kinda walked into that one.

If he is distrustful of vaccines because he doesn't trust the FDA, he can't point to problems by a drug the FDA has, perhaps wisely, refused to approve
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
March 15th, 2021 at 5:47:03 PM permalink
I donít understand the AZ (Astra Zeneca, not Duffman!) vaccine. It was approved in Germany but only for those 65 and younger? And not only is it not approved in the USA, you donít even hear of them trying to get approved here. But yet it is approved by the EU?

My family has now had all 3. Older son got J and J, said he was sick as a dog for a day. Younger son got first Pfizer this morning. I had Moderna. Wife and 1 daughter Pfizer first.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 211
March 15th, 2021 at 5:57:34 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

My family has now had all 3. Older son got J and J, said he was sick as a dog for a day. Younger son got first Pfizer this morning. I had Moderna. Wife and 1 daughter Pfizer first.

How old are your kids? I am assuming adults. Is everyone eligible in your area now?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 15th, 2021 at 6:57:00 PM permalink
I am going tomorrow and have no idea which I will get.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
March 16th, 2021 at 6:06:16 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

How old are your kids? I am assuming adults. Is everyone eligible in your area now?

Older son is in Florida. He qualified by being a U of F employee. He just drove to a large site in Jacksonville without an appointment, walked in and got the J n J shot. He could have taken Pfizer if he wanted it.
Younger son had minor comorbidity. In Buffalo.

The comorbidity list is flat out stupid. Friend qualified because she had Ďcancerí. Her cancer was a tiny melanoma that was removed in a doctorís office years ago, but according to NYS requirements she was eligible.

Edit. 31 and 28 are their ages.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 41
March 16th, 2021 at 6:29:53 AM permalink
15 months from now all the babies born will be COVID vaccine mutants, if they're born at all.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 41
March 16th, 2021 at 7:22:00 AM permalink
Italy Launches Manslaughter Investigation As Teacher Dies Hours After Getting AstraZeneca Jab | ZeroHedge
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/italy-launches-manslaughter-investigation-teacher-dies-hours-after-getting-astrazeneca-jab

Maybe I should get one of those medi-alert buttons that dials 911 before I get the vaccine. Ain't nobody gonna show up here to check on a dead body until it stinks like on TV.

• Jump to: