heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
Thanked by
flsdlr
September 23rd, 2020 at 9:29:21 PM permalink
Dont ask me how I got here but uh.... well i feel absolutely nuts posting this - all i can tell you is that i am pretty sure this is an organization that runs behind the scenes of a very popular app that has recently gone viral - and if you want to know the app you can message me - but i have no affiliation at all with so i dont want to say the name here - plus its not important at all

and some of the stuff i say on here is crazy to other people and i dont think it is but THIS.... this is just awesomely crazy

Long story short... this org called PEAR (P stands for princeton university) - created something called a REG which stands for Random Event Generator... its a box that connects to your computer... so its a RNG basically

but what these guys have found is that - beyond any explanation - people can influence that RNG - with their mind

heatmap
heatmap
Thanked by
flsdlr
September 23rd, 2020 at 9:48:34 PM permalink
Another thing i want to say is that these guys are dead serious

serious enough to have a patent on this thing

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5830064A/en?oq=US5830064

and the paper to go along with it

https://web.archive.org/web/20101008231612/http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/pdfs/jse_papers/PEARproposition.pdf
flsdlr
flsdlr
  • Threads: 0
September 25th, 2020 at 1:59:07 PM permalink
Thank you for sharing this, heatmap.

I read about this approximately 15 years ago and it is extremely fascinating.

Here is another useful link:

Global Consciousness Project
Yeah man, watercolor painting is pretty fun.
heatmap
heatmap
September 25th, 2020 at 3:18:32 PM permalink
Quote: flsdlr

Thank you for sharing this, heatmap.

I read about this approximately 15 years ago and it is extremely fascinating.

Here is another useful link:

Global Consciousness Project

that is them i think.. they are the global consciousness project.... but its not the app fyi

and yes taking a look at that wiki says the word PEAR.... it is definitely them... there data or reports of their data is actually available online
Last edited by: heatmap on Sep 25, 2020
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 25th, 2020 at 10:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

but what these guys have found is that - beyond any explanation - people can influence that RNG - with their mind

Can you give me a quick paragraph on how this is allegedly done? I need a little evidence before I waste 22 minutes watching the video.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
flsdlr
flsdlr
  • Threads: 0
September 26th, 2020 at 1:47:52 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Can you give me a quick paragraph on how this is allegedly done? I need a little evidence before I waste 22 minutes watching the video.

Hi Mike,

This is from the wiki article I linked to and I feel is pertinent to your query:

Methodology

The GCP's methodology is based on the hypothesis that events which elicit widespread emotion or draw the simultaneous attention of large numbers of people may affect the output of hardware random number generators in a statistically significant way.

The GCP maintains a network of hardware random number generators which are interfaced to computers at 70 locations around the world. Custom software reads the output of the random number generators and records a trial (sum of 200 bits) once every second.

The data are sent to a server in Princeton, creating a database of synchronized parallel sequences of random numbers. The GCP is run as a replication experiment, essentially combining the results of many distinct tests of the hypothesis.

The hypothesis is tested by calculating the extent of data fluctuations at the time of events. The procedure is specified by a three-step experimental protocol. In the first step, the event duration and the calculation algorithm are pre-specified and entered into a formal registry.

In the second step, the event data are extracted from the database and a Z score, which indicates the degree of deviation from the null hypothesis, is calculated from the pre-specified algorithm. In the third step, the event Z-score is combined with the Z-scores from previous events to yield an overall result for the experiment.

The remote devices have been dubbed Princeton Eggs, a reference to the coinage electrogaiagram, a portmanteau of electroencephalogram and Gaia. Supporters and skeptics have referred to the aim of the GCP as being analogous to detecting "a great disturbance in the Force."
Yeah man, watercolor painting is pretty fun.
heatmap
heatmap
September 26th, 2020 at 7:44:08 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Long story short

Their random number generators produce bits like all other random number generators do. They say that’s it’s the equivalent of going up and down. When they sit someone in front of the generator and told them to think if they wanted the number to go up or down, that the random number generator deviated from being random. Normally the random number generator is random and they say that they are simply able to see and measure non randomness when someone attempted to influence it. And they say there is a significant amount of deviation that they think something is influencing the random number generator be it the person or something I’m assuming

Another important part to this story...

These aren’t PRNG, they are QRNG

Not pseudo random but quantum random number generator
Last edited by: heatmap on Sep 26, 2020
  • Jump to: