"Covid Therapuetic Breakthrough" will be announced

It's on all the news services.

I would like to link but political figures are named
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
August 23rd, 2020 at 7:25:42 AM permalink
The problem is, the claim might not be taken seriously.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 23rd, 2020 at 7:48:18 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

The problem is, the claim might not be taken seriously.

I suspect this will be science grounded.

The FDA is probably going to show some type of clinical data.

In the end as long as doctors believe the science it really doesn't matter what the average American does
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
Thanked by
AxelWolf
August 23rd, 2020 at 7:59:37 AM permalink
The mail will be late forever.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 8:22:07 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Six pm EST today (Sunday)

Big FDA and HHS announcement.

"Covid Therapuetic Breakthrough" will be announced

It's on all the news services.

I would like to link but political figures are named

Good luck, darkoz! I hope the news conference will be about Leronlimab.
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:18:11 AM permalink
This published 15 minutes ago from Forbes. Appears to be speculation.. but still.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaslandstreet/2020/08/23/there-really-is-a-covid-therapy-that-works-its-called-leronlimab/#17ec5daf6234
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:35:46 AM permalink

In the end as long as doctors believe the science it really doesn't matter what the average American does

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that comment but as it reads it is definitely untrue

it is widely expected that if and when a vaccine comes that a great many Americans will refuse it

there are currently a great many Americans including older adults who are at the most high risk for seriousness who refuse to get flu shots

the CDC reports that only about 45% of adults over 18 get flu shots

https://news.gallup.com/poll/317018/one-three-americans-not-covid-vaccine.aspx

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1819estimates.htm
Please don't feed the trolls
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:39:26 AM permalink

...It's on all the news services. ...

I find the announcement of the press conference on only one news service. Care to take a guess as to which one that is?

Maybe. Maybe credible research has been done that yields significant results. Maybe the front line researches have been so disciplined that nothing has leaked to the press and even Googles all-reading spider bots ave not picked up a word of it. Maybe two huge government agencies involved have managed to have their many thousands of employees hold the information in confidence. Maybe.

So far there's just an article on one new organizations site announcing a press conference with a tease as to what will be presented. I'm not going out to get champagne in anticipation of partying like it's 1999. Show me the science.

Edit: After reading the Forbes article rsanctuary provided a link to, I am much more optimistic that there will be some substance to the announcement. That is, science.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:43:15 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that comment but as it reads it is definitely untrue

it is widely expected that if and when a vaccine comes that a great many Americans will refuse it

there are currently a great many Americans including older adults who are at the most high risk for seriousness who refuse to get flu shots

the CDC reports that only about 45% of adults over 18 get flu shots

https://news.gallup.com/poll/317018/one-three-americans-not-covid-vaccine.aspx

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1819estimates.htm

It's a therapeutic being announced today not a vaccine.

Treatment will be for those who get sick and want to get better

I suppose if people catch a bacterial infection and refuse Penicillin you can argue Penicillin doesn't work.

Refusal to take your meds doesn't mean the meds don't work
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:45:53 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

I find the announcement of the press conference on only one news service. Care to take a guess as to which one that is?

Maybe. Maybe credible research has been done that yields significant results. Maybe the front line researches have been so disciplined that nothing has leaked to the press and even Googles all-reading spider bots ave not picked up a word of it. Maybe two huge government agencies involved have managed to have their many thousands of employees hold the information in confidence. Maybe.

So far there's just an article on one new organizations site announcing a press conference with a tease as to what will be presented. I'm not going out to get champagne in anticipation of partying like it's 1999. Show me the science.

Uhhh.

It's on CNN

It's on Fox

And it's tweeted out by Kayleigh macnannny

And Jared Kushner just discussed it this morning on Fareed Zakaria.

It's on a number of other sites

Not sure how you see only one place.

Suggestion, watch the news conference at 6pm
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
August 23rd, 2020 at 9:54:05 AM permalink

... It's on a number of other sites ...

A Google News search returned only the Fox announcement. I also checked the AP and Reuters sites - nothing. But hey, that was several minutes ago. An eternity in Internet time.

... Suggestion, watch the news conference at 6pm...

I will, thanks for the heads up!
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 23rd, 2020 at 10:04:21 AM permalink

You may need a money manager.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 10:05:10 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

A Google News search returned only the Fox announcement. I also checked the AP and Reuters sites - nothing. But hey, that was several minutes ago. An eternity in Internet time.

I will, thanks for the heads up!

Uggghh. Forgive me mods. Covid announcement is de facto coming from the government.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-23/trump-to-present-virus-therapy-breakthrough-after-hitting-fda

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/513259-trump-to-announce-breakthrough-coronavirus-therapeutic-white-house%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/08/23/white-house-trump-to-announce-covid-19-breakthrough/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/white-house-major-covid-19-therapeutic-breakthrough-2020-8%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/white-house-announces-president-trump-122644123.html

There are more.

I think your search engine failed you this morning
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
August 23rd, 2020 at 10:19:37 AM permalink
Interesting how the "announcement" coincides with the moment futures start trading. Well, based on how traders take it we'll know quickly what the street thinks.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 10:37:42 AM permalink
There's also some chatter about Relief Therapeutics;
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/RLFTF

I own both so it doesn't matter to me, and I could see it being either of them. Of course there may be others out there as well, but these 2 are the only ones I know of that seem to be fast tracked.

Of course by the time any of us are able to buy it the price will have soared.

And even if it isn't any stock I own I'll be happy if it just works so we can start moving towards normality.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 10:41:59 AM permalink

This published 15 minutes ago from Forbes. Appears to be speculation.. but still.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaslandstreet/2020/08/23/there-really-is-a-covid-therapy-that-works-its-called-leronlimab/#17ec5daf6234

The article has been removed!

This day is getting crazy!
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:09:19 AM permalink

The article has been removed!

This day is getting crazy!

Interesting!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:23:18 AM permalink
You really shouldn't blame the news media for not wanting to get caught again with their pants down announcing something that ends up being too hasty.

Even if this is true.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:24:22 AM permalink
The breakthru is a convalescent serum. More smoke and mirrors from CYDY and its followers.
it's also not an approval, only an emergency permit.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:31:14 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

The breakthru is a convalescent serum. More smoke and mirrors from CYDY and its followers.
it's also not an approval, only an emergency permit.

Ridiculous to claim it as smoke and mirrors from Cytodyn when the president made an announcement of a breakthrough therapuetic.

Newsflash:. Blood plasma is not a breakthrough. It's been in use for decades.

In fact last week it was put on hold for weak data by the FDA in regards to Covid-19

If the FDA has reversed course I agree there is smoke and mirrors here but it's not coming from Cytodyn
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:39:19 AM permalink
If it's blood plasma that's announced tonight what a disaster for the country.

There haven't been any proper clinical trials.

So much for the FDA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/97000-people-got-convalescent-plasma-who-knows-if-it-works/amp
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 11:58:15 AM permalink
This is what the FDA said about convalescent plasma just four days ago and it wasn't good.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/recommendations-investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 23rd, 2020 at 12:08:40 PM permalink

This is what the FDA said about convalescent plasma just four days ago and it wasn't good.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/recommendations-investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma

Quote: wapo

In a tweet late Saturday night, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the announcement at 5:30 p.m. Sunday involved “a major therapeutic breakthrough on the China virus.” Officials confirmed on Sunday the treatment is convalescent plasma;

So, announcing a gamechanger that isn't. Oops. Mustn't get political.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 12:12:07 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

So, announcing a gamechanger that isn't. Oops. Mustn't get political.

The Forbes article has been reinstated.

Curiouser and curioser.

It said removed by the editor. Now back.

My blood pressure is up
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 23rd, 2020 at 1:02:37 PM permalink

The Forbes article has been reinstated.

Curiouser and curioser.

It said removed by the editor. Now back.

My blood pressure is up

Try sucking on some oleana. Lots of people saying all sorts of good things about it. What do you have to lose?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 1:22:03 PM permalink
CNN.com says it's going to be an announcement on convalescent plasma.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 23rd, 2020 at 1:55:04 PM permalink
Washington Post also says its an emergency authorization of convalescent plasma.

Is it possible that certain news outlets are being intentionally misled?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 2:41:18 PM permalink
So now FDA has foregone double blinded placebo controlled trials.

Enjoy the pandemic now until summer 2021
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:10:35 PM permalink

So now FDA has foregone double blinded placebo controlled trials.

Quote: Queen

Under Pressure

But seriously: I can't help feeling that some mischievous persons or enterprise has woven the idea that this was related to leronlimab, as a way of manipulating the share price. At the very least there's an unusual level of confusion in the run up to the big announcement.
That forbes article is inactive for me and shows as legible greyed out text.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaslandstreet/2020/08/23/there-really-is-a-covid-therapy-that-works-its-called-leronlimab/#7701a6fd6234

Pump and dump Mischief?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:16:34 PM permalink

Under Pressure

But seriously: I can't help feeling that some mischievous persons or enterprise has woven the idea that this was related to leronlimab, as a way of manipulating the share price. At the very least there's an unusual level of confusion in the run up to the big announcement.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomaslandstreet/2020/08/23/there-really-is-a-covid-therapy-that-works-its-called-leronlimab/#7701a6fd6234

Pump and dump Mischief?

How so? The President announced a news conference on a Sunday? No markets open?
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:22:43 PM permalink

Under Pressure

Pump and dump Mischief?

How so? The President announced a news conference on a Sunday? No markets open?

Thank you RSanctuary for pointing out the obvious.

Plus a pump and dump when the stock is at near its lowest of the month?

Stock isn't going to rise on this tomorrow lol.

Once Dear, the Leronlimab suggestions came about because the first of two randomized double blinded placebo controlled clinical trials for Leronlimab ended two weeks ago and based on certain endpoints being met an EUA was requested.

The FDA usually takes 7 days to reject. It's now been 14 days.

So big announcement of "breakthrough therapuetic and out comes the administration to announce a 100 year old treatment with no clinical trials gets that same requested EUA.

SMH
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:26:43 PM permalink
unless he thought when you said "president" he thought the president of CYDY, not the President of the US.
billryan
billryan
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:30:02 PM permalink
I'm going to assume all concerned are aware that stocks trade after-market and leave it at that.
CYDY had a horrible week, dipping below $3 at one point, but rallied a bit on Friday to end in the 3.40 range. The un-named insiders have seen their 12 million dollars investment grow into a billion or so. The newcomers will have to wait awhile to see any return on investment.
rsactuary
rsactuary
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:31:35 PM permalink

I'm going to assume all concerned are aware that stocks trade after-market and leave it at that.
CYDY had a horrible week, dipping below $3 at one point, but rallied a bit on Friday to end in the 3.40 range. The un-named insiders have seen their 12 million dollars investment grow into a billion or so. The newcomers will have to wait awhile to see any return on investment.

Yes, I am aware of that, and this afternoon it budged a fraction of a cent. No one from the company associated themselves with this announcement, not sure where this is coming from.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 3:47:02 PM permalink

So now Bill wants to prove his pump and dump ideas so much that now OTC stocks trade on Sundays.

OTC after hours are 4-8pm on open trading days only

Keep going Bill. Enjoying the fiction?
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
August 23rd, 2020 at 4:20:51 PM permalink
I see a lot of disappointment in the financial forums after the announcement.

I kind of look at it differently. People REALLY want to see new things happening so they can get back to their lives. Plasma? Pretty ho-hum.

And the FDA is well aware of that too, and are pushing to make it happen.

I believe we are getting quite close to where some of these will be released and when they do there's going to be some skyrocketing share prices. And it doesn't have to be just one either. They all work differently and some will work better on some patients and others will work better on others.

And of course the big issue is that they save lives and reduce damage to the body.

So I'm not getting worked up over it. It will happen when it happens. I expect to see more than a few be approved, and over time we'll see which ones work the best that end up being the most used.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 4:23:30 PM permalink
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coronavirus-plasma-therapy-promising-step-dr-nicole-saphier

After pointing out plasma will help at Least partially for now this Fox reporter concludes Leronlimab is next solution.

Not a press release!

So getting some traction
MDawg
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:08:22 PM permalink
Was this thread created thinking that the press announcement would be about leronlimab and coronavirus? If so, that's farfetched to the point of absurdity. Leronlimab is nowhere near the point where there would be such an announcement regarding it. On the other hand, blood plasma treatments for coronavirus have been ongoing and widespread in hospitals since May, maybe even April 2020.

The only real world knowledge I have of leronlimab is what I reported from an ICU coronavirus doctor we know who stated that his firsthand experience with it in May 2020, was that it caused life changing negative side effects in a patient of his such that he would never administer it again.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:11:17 PM permalink

So now Bill wants to prove his pump and dump ideas so much that now OTC stocks trade on Sundays.

OTC after hours are 4-8pm on open trading days only

Keep going Bill. Enjoying the fiction?

I didn't mention pump and dump. Nor did I start a thread on this. How many times can you be wrong? You started this thread. You started the other thread, months ago promising miracle results in a matter of weeks. That was about 150,000 American lives lost as you've been telling everyone that a cure is just a visit to the emergency room away.
Tell me you didn't start this thread because you were expecting it to be about your miracle drug. It took twenty seconds to see the WH already leaked the plasma therapy.

Somebody leaked the story, I can't say for sure it was the WH.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:14:07 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

On the other hand, blood plasma treatments for coronavirus have been ongoing and widespread in hospitals since May, maybe even April 2020..

Lol, Leronlimab clinical trials been ongoing since April.

If you are going to discuss at least get facts correct
MDawg
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:16:28 PM permalink

Interesting how the "announcement" coincides with the moment futures start trading. Well, based on how traders take it we'll know quickly what the street thinks.

Quote: Hullabaloo

I see a lot of disappointment in the financial forums after the announcement.

I'd say that the market is ignoring the announcement. Futures are up modestly and I doubt it has anything to do with this announcement one way or another.
MDawg
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:18:04 PM permalink

A few tiny TRIALS - coronavirus antibody blood plasma has been given to patients widespread in general hospitals. I am actually not aware of any hospitalized coronavirus patients starting in May 2020 or so, who started to go downhill, who WEREN'T given blood plasma. Completely different scope.

Reminds me of a classic Star Trek episode:

"You're behaving very much like a man who is desperately trying anything to save his friend."
For friend...read, leronlimab.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:38:39 PM permalink

A few tiny TRIALS - coronavirus antibody blood plasma has been given to patients widespread in general hospitals. I am actually not aware of any hospitalized coronavirus patients starting in May 2020 or so, who started to go downhill, who WEREN'T given blood plasma. Completely different scope.

Reminds me of a classic Star Trek episode:

"You're behaving very much like a man who is desperately trying anything to save his friend."
For friend...read, leronlimab.

If everyone hospitalized got plasma and we still have 1300 dying a day that should tell you how we all got hosed today.

But again do your research.

Leronlimab has had over 70 EIND's with a higher success rate (higher than 35%).

Just because you aren't aware of it means nothing. The info is on the net
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
Thanked by
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 5:44:36 PM permalink
If everybody wore a mask & social distanced, deaths from COVID-19 would be cut in half between now and December 1st.
But 20 million will become homeless in the next 5 weeks, so you've got epic fail on deck. Could be a quarter million homeless in Vegas.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
August 23rd, 2020 at 6:09:44 PM permalink
My take (I’m not invested in any of the relevant stocks except to the extent in a broad based market ETF):

Bad day for CYDY. All circumstantial. Clearly there’s political pressure to release good news on COVID ASAP. See, eg, this release today pushing plasma. I won’t go deeper here to avoid politics.

Clearly CYDY is positioned for an FDA ruling. It’s seven days past typical rejection date. Others think so too, hence the Forbes story.

If there was something with this treatment that would be really good and even if not ready to announce, then I think [insert political reasons] we would not have seen this plasma story today, which is getting decidedly lukewarm and mixed play. FDA would have said to wait: there’s great news coming soon with Leronowhatever.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
August 23rd, 2020 at 6:22:32 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

My take (I’m not invested in any of the relevant stocks except to the extent in a broad based market ETF):

Bad day for CYDY. All circumstantial. Clearly there’s political pressure to release good news on COVID ASAP. See, eg, this release today pushing plasma. I won’t go deeper here to avoid politics.

Clearly CYDY is positioned for an FDA ruling. It’s seven days past typical rejection date. Others think so too, hence the Forbes story.

If there was something with this treatment that would be really good and even if not ready to announce, then I think [insert political reasons] we would not have seen this plasma story today, which is getting decidedly lukewarm and mixed play. FDA would have said to wait: there’s great news coming soon with Leronowhatever.

I agree this isn't good for Cytodyn short term.

I'm anticipating a blood bath tomorrow.

And that's with no news for Leronlimab aside from no mention today

But the 2nd of the two clinical trials is still ongoing. Interim analysis is due at 195 patients enrollment and they are 186 I believe.

That's only 9 more patients to enroll.

Note if a trial is not promising the FDA calls a halt to it and that hasn't happened.

So interim data (unblinding) 28 days after 195th patient (that is patient 195 is enrolled and treated for 28 days.

If FDA is awaiting the 2nd clinical interim we at least 6 weeks away
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 23rd, 2020 at 7:29:56 PM permalink

Oh yes, Leronlimab. That will save everyone! LOL!!!
MDawg
MDawg
August 23rd, 2020 at 7:45:05 PM permalink
I think it's wishful thinking to believe that too many people care or even know about leronlimab yet.
darkoz
darkoz
August 25th, 2020 at 6:05:56 PM permalink

I didn't mention pump and dump. Nor did I start a thread on this. How many times can you be wrong? You started this thread. You started the other thread, months ago promising miracle results in a matter of weeks. That was about 150,000 American lives lost as you've been telling everyone that a cure is just a visit to the emergency room away.
Tell me you didn't start this thread because you were expecting it to be about your miracle drug. It took twenty seconds to see the WH already leaked the plasma therapy.

Somebody leaked the story, I can't say for sure it was the WH.

Printed prior to the ridiculous plasma announcement

https://insiderfinancial.com/cytodyn-may-make-the-white-house-podium/180294/?fbclid=IwAR1VG9HclCs4OWBnhAmjRk_7U0SIj8hTIXPGK1Ypfxrr3YbbptIQX9Bc1vM
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 25th, 2020 at 11:03:54 PM permalink

Printed prior to the ridiculous plasma announcement

https://insiderfinancial.com/cytodyn-may-make-the-white-house-podium/180294/?fbclid=IwAR1VG9HclCs4OWBnhAmjRk_7U0SIj8hTIXPGK1Ypfxrr3YbbptIQX9Bc1vM [/q

If you go to the bottom of the article, you will see that this is, for all practical purposes, a press release disused as a news article.

• Jump to: