Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
July 5th, 2020 at 9:30:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman hasn't made a post since June 17th.

He hasn't been on this forum since June 28th.

I hope he isn't on a ventilator somewhere dying from Covid-19. He was a staunch anti-masker, anti-shutdown believer
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 10461
July 5th, 2020 at 11:22:55 PM permalink
He's just a click away at DT. (and no, I don't think he's changed his mind about much of this)

(doesn't mean he's not posting from a hospital bed on a ventilator, but then some people have all the fun)

FACE hasn't been around since June 8. Except for the people I occasionally interact with once in awhile, I don't really notice who has been gone for awhile.

Maybe someone should make a 'Milk Carton' thread for people whom they haven't seen here in a long time.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1901
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
July 6th, 2020 at 6:10:22 AM permalink
Given that every Covid statement and prediction he has made has been demonstrably false, I'm sure he's too embarrassed to post right now.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8459
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
July 6th, 2020 at 1:39:38 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Given that every Covid statement and prediction he has made has been demonstrably false, I'm sure he's too embarrassed to post right now.



Since so many of the real COVID-19 discussions are political, he posts on a forum that allows political posts. Trying to discuss it here without mentioning Cuomo or Trump is kind of silly. And many of his predictions have been demonstrably true. Especially about the economy crushing measures taken...
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2084
July 6th, 2020 at 2:58:23 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Since so many of the real COVID-19 discussions are political, he posts on a forum that allows political posts. Trying to discuss it here without mentioning Cuomo or Trump is kind of silly. And many of his predictions have been demonstrably true. Especially about the economy crushing measures taken...



Bingo. Silly indeed.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
July 6th, 2020 at 4:18:18 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Since so many of the real COVID-19 discussions are political, he posts on a forum that allows political posts. Trying to discuss it here without mentioning Cuomo or Trump is kind of silly. And many of his predictions have been demonstrably true. Especially about the economy crushing measures taken...



I always recognized the economy was getting crushed. That was easy to predict.

Without mitigation of Covid-19, refusing safety precautions like masks and social distance, the economy will not reopen. So many will get sick that beaches, stores, bars, entire states will have to continue closures and guess what that does for the "open" economy.

The prediction that people should be free to decide if the economy stays open has only resulted in a piss poor economy going one step forward and two steps back.

What good is that type of economy?

In NY, we are pretty much safely acting and reopening. I am already back to work AP'ing although not everywhere. The only places still shutdown here are large gatherings. Those I feel sorry for like Broadway
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1901
July 6th, 2020 at 5:14:35 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I always recognized the economy was getting crushed. That was easy to predict.

Without mitigation of Covid-19, refusing safety precautions like masks and social distance, the economy will not reopen. So many will get sick that beaches, stores, bars, entire states will have to continue closures and guess what that does for the "open" economy.

The prediction that people should be free to decide if the economy stays open has only resulted in a piss poor economy going one step forward and two steps back.

What good is that type of economy?

In NY, we are pretty much safely acting and reopening. I am already back to work AP'ing although not everywhere. The only places still shutdown here are large gatherings. Those I feel sorry for like Broadway



Exactly. There was no doubt the economy was going to get crushed.. but now it's going to be crushed for longer with more damage. Can't believe anyone would want to choose that route, but here we are.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8459
July 6th, 2020 at 5:27:41 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Exactly. There was no doubt the economy was going to get crushed.. but now it's going to be crushed for longer with more damage. Can't believe anyone would want to choose that route, but here we are.



Didn't Sweden avert the economy crushing closure of the economy by accepting more cases and more deaths?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12472
July 6th, 2020 at 5:28:55 PM permalink
Every silver lining has a touch of grey.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
July 6th, 2020 at 6:10:16 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Didn't Sweden avert the economy crushing closure of the economy by accepting more cases and more deaths?



Sweden is a small country of a very uniform populace. Getting 95% of the population to agree to sacrifice more dead for the economy seems to have worked.

Note saving the economy came at the cost of lives.

America is much bigger and way more diverse.

Bigger so much higher death toll expected. On a percentage scale perhaps the same but a much higher death toll nonetheless.

But it's Americans diversity that is the game changer.

We just don't all agree that we want to sacrifice our moms and granddad's and people with diabetes, etc so some other people can keep their jobs

Without that common popular agreement, we now have this prolonged debacle.

I know you will say the "well let those who are scared stay home" speech

I don't know full percentage but the American economy will not survive if fifty percent of the population stays home.

It's a nice fantasy to think the scared will stay home, the rest will go on as normal.

Airlines haven't shutdown ever during the pandemic. How are those businesses doing?

See, without full cooperation for everyone to keep the economy alive (requires everyone to sacrifice their loved ones safety) it's just not going to happen in a productive manner
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: