Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
July 20th, 2020 at 11:34:03 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Gimbols didn't tell Macy's everything!! I can only be Santa Claus so many times.

Btw, nice call on cydy. GL

Thanks.

Big news is imminent

It's D-DAY
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 20th, 2020 at 12:00:25 PM permalink

When I was a biotech analyst for hedge funds, I got paid large amounts of money for my information.

Bill reminds me of that type of guy, who we all know, who will milk you for information and secretly buy a stock without telling you. Then if it goes up he will dismiss ever knowing it but if it goes down he will rub it in your face

Outside of Tesla, I can't think of a stock I've bought since I retired. My portfolio is 100% managed and I only have vague ideas of what stocks they buy. I used to do my own buying and selling but the pros beat me consistently enough that I stopped. The only stock I own substantial amounts in, outside the managed portfolio, is ATT, because I'm addicted to the $2,000 a quarter in dividends. That's my mad money.
So you went from being a biotech analyst to buying via Robinhood? That's an interesting career move.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
July 20th, 2020 at 12:10:45 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Outside of Tesla, I can't think of a stock I've bought since I retired. My portfolio is 100% managed and I only have vague ideas of what stocks they buy. I used to do my own buying and selling but the pros beat me consistently enough that I stopped. The only stock I own substantial amounts in, outside the managed portfolio, is ATT, because I'm addicted to the $2,000 a quarter in dividends. That's my mad money.
So you went from being a biotech analyst to buying via Robinhood? That's an interesting career move.

You must be a radical liberal... lots of fake news and false manipulation tactics. Who the heck ever said anything about trading on robinhood... certainly not me.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
billryan
billryan
July 20th, 2020 at 2:07:16 PM permalink

You must be a radical liberal... lots of fake news and false manipulation tactics. Who the heck ever said anything about trading on robinhood... certainly not me.

Someone started posting about being new to stocks and buying on Robinhood. If that wasn't you, I apologize.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
July 20th, 2020 at 5:44:29 PM permalink
Does anyone here bet on stock picks with any regularity? Not the market, just private bets against another person on whether a stock will reach a certain price?

No middle man
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
July 20th, 2020 at 10:45:31 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Does anyone here bet on stock picks with any regularity? Not the market, just private bets against another person on whether a stock will reach a certain price?

No middle man

Only once. My friends owned a fairly successful chain of four comic-book stores. They had expanded too fast and were having management issues when an investment group offered to buy them out. This group wanted to be the first nationwide comic/ pop entertainment chain and offered them a little cash but shares of stock that would have been worth a million dollars when the stock hit $25. It went public at 5 and quickly rose to 9. They had an option to sell when the stock hit $10 but for a fraction of the million. I made a side wager with my friend's husband that the stock wouldn't hit $15 in two years. Sadly, the company went bankrupt and they pretty much lost everything. He never brought up the bet and I wasn't going to ask him for $100.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 21st, 2020 at 7:09:25 AM permalink
PUMP AND DUMP....JUST DUMP LOWER THAN THEY THINK YOU WILL.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Jul 21, 2020
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 21st, 2020 at 7:29:17 AM permalink
NOTE; THERANOS DOC still complaing of too many adverse witnesses to wade through and too broke to go to trial and ovid shoud provide leniency.
  • Jump to: