darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
April 5th, 2020 at 4:07:12 PM permalink
*Wizard approved*

I first met George in 2012. We recognized each other as partaking of the same low-level AP and became fast friends.

For about 18 months I gambled and AP'd with George nearly every day. We didn't know if there were higher forms of AP but we worked to discover and self teach what we could.

George was the idea man usually. I was the implementation guy. Figuring out how the puzzles could be solved didn't always work for me and many times his ideas were fruitless. It was a good comradery and we wound up figuring out many of the AP moves we do today.

When I discussed the NY AP move as a two man operation it was always George who played opposite.

Eventually I had ideas about creating a mini-empire spanning multiple states and casinos. George, however, was not good at travel. He had an underlying respiratory condition that prohibited flying. The canned air of an airplane made him violently ill. Even going up staircases was difficult but he could manage that if he had to. So George concentrated on a small boutique operation.

But I kept him involved with my team. He found many a person to travel out of state for me to acquire players cards. If he needed financial help with his operation I was there for him. Likewise, he always volunteered for experiments very often at no charge. We continued to share info on plays and to cover one another if the other was unavailable.

George was not a member of this forum and now he never will be. George passed away from complications from Coronavirus on March 29th. He was 45.

He won't be buried anywhere. NY and I am sure other areas are taking the bodies for cremation. The family didn't have a choice in the matter. This thread isn't a gravestone but it will serve as a memorial for me.

Enjoy that great casino in the sky!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 7722
April 5th, 2020 at 4:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

*Wizard approved*

I first met George in 2012. We recognized each other as partaking of the same low-level AP and became fast friends.

For about 18 months I gambled and AP'd with George nearly every day. We didn't know if there were higher forms of AP but we worked to discover and self teach what we could.

George was the idea man usually. I was the implementation guy. Figuring out how the puzzles could be solved didn't always work for me and many times his ideas were fruitless. It was a good comradery and we wound up figuring out many of the AP moves we do today.

When I discussed the NY AP move as a two man operation it was always George who played opposite.

Eventually I had ideas about creating a mini-empire spanning multiple states and casinos. George, however, was not good at travel. He had an underlying respiratory condition that prohibited flying. The canned air of an airplane made him violently ill. Even going up staircases was difficult but he could manage that if he had to. So George concentrated on a small boutique operation.

But I kept him involved with my team. He found many a person to travel out of state for me to acquire players cards. If he needed financial help with his operation I was there for him. Likewise, he always volunteered for experiments very often at no charge. We continued to share info on plays and to cover one another if the other was unavailable.

George was not a member of this forum and now he never will be. George passed away from complications from Coronavirus on March 29th. He was 45.

He won't be buried anywhere. NY and I am sure other areas are taking the bodies for cremation. The family didn't have a choice in the matter. This thread isn't a gravestone but it will serve as a memorial for me.

Enjoy that great casino in the sky!



Sorry about your friend. It sounds like the two of you were great business partners. I feel sad that a guy who obviously had significant respiratory issues had to subject himself to smoke filled casinos.

I was unaware that if you had the means (money) you were not able to be buried where you want. I can tell you it is a BIG DEAL for religious Jews to NOT be cremated. I find it hard to believe an upper West Side Rabbi would be cremated under ANY circumstance.

Do you have a link or anything?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
April 5th, 2020 at 4:40:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Sorry about your friend. It sounds like the two of you were great business partners. I feel sad that a guy who obviously had significant respiratory issues had to subject himself to smoke filled casinos.

I was unaware that if you had the means (money) you were not able to be buried where you want. I can tell you it is a BIG DEAL for religious Jews to NOT be cremated. I find it hard to believe an upper West Side Rabbi would be cremated under ANY circumstance.

Do you have a link or anything?



I am going by what the family told me as to burial.

This article says crematoriums in NYC are ten days behind. So it must be a requirement. https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-crematories-backed-up-as-coronavirus-deaths-surge/

George concentrated on NY State casinos where smoking inside is prohibited. That was probably luck on his part as to where he resided.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6268
April 5th, 2020 at 11:20:35 PM permalink
Terrible to hear. My sincere condolences. :(
LVJackal
LVJackal
Joined: Jun 1, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 85
April 6th, 2020 at 4:43:45 AM permalink
Very sorry about your friend. I suspect by the time this is all over, none of us will have been unaffected.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1369
  • Posts: 22738
April 6th, 2020 at 5:08:45 AM permalink
My condolences for George. He is the first CV casualty, that I'm aware of, who I'm one degree of separation from.

Quote: darkoz

This article says crematoriums in NYC are ten days behind. So it must be a requirement. https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-crematories-backed-up-as-coronavirus-deaths-surge/



I don't interpret that as meaning that cremation is mandatory. If anybody asked for his body, I would think the city would be happy to let somebody else store and bury it. Besides what SOOPOO said about the Jewish position on cremation, many Christians, especially Catholics, share that belief.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 7722
April 6th, 2020 at 11:28:08 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

My condolences for George. He is the first CV casualty, that I'm aware of, who I'm one degree of separation from.

Quote: darkoz

This article says crematoriums in NYC are ten days behind. So it must be a requirement. https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-crematories-backed-up-as-coronavirus-deaths-surge/



I don't interpret that as meaning that cremation is mandatory. If anybody asked for his body, I would think the city would be happy to let somebody else store and bury it. Besides what SOOPOO said about the Jewish position on cremation, many Christians, especially Catholics, share that belief.



I agree Mike. There was nothing in the article that said you can't take a body for private burial.
A gastroenterologist I worked with is in ICU intubated. Not looking promising.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
April 6th, 2020 at 11:36:50 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: Wizard

My condolences for George. He is the first CV casualty, that I'm aware of, who I'm one degree of separation from.

Quote: darkoz

This article says crematoriums in NYC are ten days behind. So it must be a requirement. https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-crematories-backed-up-as-coronavirus-deaths-surge/



I don't interpret that as meaning that cremation is mandatory. If anybody asked for his body, I would think the city would be happy to let somebody else store and bury it. Besides what SOOPOO said about the Jewish position on cremation, many Christians, especially Catholics, share that belief.



I agree Mike. There was nothing in the article that said you can't take a body for private burial.
A gastroenterologist I worked with is in ICU intubated. Not looking promising.



I can't find anything either although the average person is not cremated. A ten day backlog doesn't sound like an average amount of people choices.

Nonetheless I am solely going by what the family told me.

Perhaps the family misinterpreted what the hospital advice was
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2049
April 6th, 2020 at 2:59:30 PM permalink
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

  • Jump to: