Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 26
July 7th, 2021 at 10:54:33 AM permalink
When my portfolio goes down it is often because of AMZN. I have a lot of AMZN long term, and then occasionally (obviously, not right now, with AMZN hitting new ATHs) I get stuck in some additional trading shares of AMZN that I have to hold until it comes back up. So, absent AMZN's tanking, I'm not too worried. Yes, I have a lot of other long term stocks but most of those are not nearly as volatile as AMZN. Even TSLA, which I also hold long term, with its ups and downs, doesn't move as violently as AMZN.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
July 7th, 2021 at 3:32:02 PM permalink
In the biomedical field I really like the science behind CRISPR. Gene editing will be the future but I don't know if CRISPR will lead the way or not. I bought some thinking that in 5 years hopefully it will double.
Order from chaos
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
July 7th, 2021 at 4:04:24 PM permalink
I have a couple of friends that are research scientists. Have been singing CRSPR praises for years. Wish I could easily trade individual stocks.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 28
July 7th, 2021 at 5:58:49 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

I have a couple of friends that are research scientists. Have been singing CRSPR praises for years. Wish I could easily trade individual stocks.

Why can't you trade individual stocks?
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
July 7th, 2021 at 6:01:37 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Why can't you trade individual stocks?

I can but itís a lot of red tape at work. Easier to just buy ETFs.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
July 8th, 2021 at 5:37:12 AM permalink
Bloodbath today. Pretty much ALL of my stocks are down in pre market. I havenít seen it this bad since the beginning of the pandemic induced rout. I think Iíll pass on looking until the close..
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 9:05:21 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Well, it does seem that every time my account (or yours) hits a new ATH, that SOMETHING rattles the markets, no?

We're already off the lows, but general economic recovery fears are the "something" that hit the markets today.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 10:17:32 AM permalink
Okay - look at that! AMZN went from minus something like -75 to +37. That's what I'm talking 'bout!

TSLA just turned green too!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 53
July 8th, 2021 at 10:28:07 AM permalink
Anybody notice their local bank branches are going out of business? That coin shortage must be making them irrelevant.
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 6:27:18 PM permalink
Well, you could answer DRich's question because you have analyzed the stock more than I have.

I do know that the last time it dropped below 2 or almost to 2 it rocketed back up, but this is like an almost triple bottom this year for the stock...no? I mean AMZN hit the 3100s two or three times this year and look at where it is now (around 3700), but then again, that's AMZN, which seems to just go up over time no matter what.

• Jump to: