Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 30
May 24th, 2021 at 7:47:56 AM permalink
Yet another relief rally in progress, hope it sticks!
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
May 24th, 2021 at 12:53:39 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Yet another relief rally in progress, hope it sticks!

What do you mean by Ďrelief rallyí? Iím just happy to be significantly green today.
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2021 at 6:17:38 AM permalink
A relief rally is simply a buying rally following a sell off.

Versus say, days on end when the market goes up...which is what we hope starts happening again.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2021 at 11:59:57 AM permalink
With AMZN, two rumors are fueling it lately (1) that AMZN will buy MGM, (2) that AMZN will split. The latter is an old rumor, but people are hoping that it may become a reality at the investor's meeting tomorrow. Along with clarification about the MGM buyout.

I retain my very long term AMZN shares, will never sell.

Today's trading:
Meantime, I did two large share lot trades on AMZN today: 3253 to 3254. 3233 to 3234.

That looks very neat and tidy, but believe me it wasn't.

When I first bot the 3253 shares (1000 shares), I entered the sell at 3255. Was looking to book two grand. The bottom fell out, and I lowered the sell to 3254. It did briefly TOUCH 3254, but I got a partial fill only - 250 shares, leaving 750 shares at 3253.

It kept going down, I put in a do or die cost average order to buy another 750 sh @ 3233. It filled, I entered an order to dump all 1500 sh @ 3244, but to my amazement AMZN dropped all the way to 3213 and change. So, I gave up on the averaging in trade and dumped the 3233 shares at 3234. So that was $750., profit, but in the meantime I was hemorrhaging red on the 3253 shares. I decided to re-enter a sell order at 3254, on the 750 sh left from the first trade, and, amazingly again, the order filled, and AMZN is now nicely green (which makes my long term AMZN shares smile).

I did note that buyers were there not allowing the stock to drop much (other than that sudden drop from about 3240 to 3213 (maybe Bezos dumping again??)), so I had faith that I would not lose on this trade. And I didn't.

Anyway, $1750. booked.

SooPoo, TSLA is at least over 600 again. 700 will arrive again eventually, just be patient.

COIN rallying too. (I have no position since I sold at a profit couple weeks ago.)
MDawg
MDawg
May 26th, 2021 at 10:22:36 AM permalink

With AMZN, two rumors are fueling it lately (1) that AMZN will buy MGM, (2) that AMZN will split. The latter is an old rumor, but people are hoping that it may become a reality at the investor's meeting tomorrow. Along with clarification about the MGM buyout.

The MGM deal has been negotiated, pending of course anti-trust review.

No word on the AMZN stock split. That rumor has been circulating for years, but is especially intense right now.

Market nicely green today.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 26th, 2021 at 12:39:16 PM permalink

SooPoo, TSLA is at least over 600 again. 700 will arrive again eventually, just be patient.

COIN rallying too. (I have no position since I sold at a profit couple weeks ago.)

I made a small $$$ on a COIN trade. But my long term COIN is in at $325. So quite down. My TSLA trade is in at around $685, so still down as well. My next TSLA ĎI have to buy my wife something that makes no senseí point has now been agreed on as $1000. So no jewelry here for a whole. She has been looking at a 15-20 carat Amethyst, which would be around $5k.
MDawg
MDawg
June 26th, 2021 at 10:39:03 AM permalink
AMZN DID make it over 3500, as predicted, but already dropped a hundred points. I don't see this as returning to the 3300s this time though. Earnings are coming up, and...just in general...too many people are predicting a drop like before, and as we know, things rarely turn out the way the masses predict.

BTC cut in half though from its ATH. Just hodl! and don't even think about it. For those of us who entered years ago, it's still sky high, relatively. You can't ever gauge the absolute top anyway.
Bitcoin will go all the way to $160,000 this year

SooPoo you still holding COIN I assume?

The latest stock hype around the internet revolves around WISH. I bought some watch related accessories from them once, and the items weren't quite what I expected, and they simply refunded and let me keep without returning, so they do have good customer service anyway. I have not bot any stock yet.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
June 26th, 2021 at 12:10:46 PM permalink
I got out the Market in 2005 about a year or so before it crashed, and I stayed out until the middle of last year. When the price of oil cratered and Exxon (XOM) went down to the low $40's, I jumped back in for that one stock. Bought a bunch in my IRA. It is now at $64+ with oil projected to to $100 a barrel in the next year. Can't wait. I am currently up about 50% and will consider selling off when the stock hits $80+ which should happen if the oil price reaches that price range. The good news is there is no capital gains in a IRA just ordinary income when dispersed or redeemed. WOOOHOOO

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 26th, 2021 at 2:07:17 PM permalink
Welcome back MDawg. I still own my 5 original shares of COIN at $325. Oh well. I did a small trade for an hour or so on I think 100 shares and made something like $100-200. Canít remember exactly. My overall portfolio is at an ATH. So no stock market complaints.

Now get TSLA back over $700 for me!
MDawg
MDawg
June 27th, 2021 at 10:59:22 AM permalink
Well 5 shares of COIN - no biggie. My account was at at ATH too but when AMZN dumped 100 points recently that took me below the highest point again.

TSLA is doing better than AMZN, lately.

• Jump to: