Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 23
May 12th, 2021 at 9:08:07 AM permalink
AMZN 3155 to 3160. Looks like I was lucky to book that K before it dropped below 3150!

I see these tech levels as temporary, should move higher soon enough.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
May 12th, 2021 at 9:20:35 AM permalink
AMZN 3142 to 3145, crazy that it went that low but I am taking advantage.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2021 at 9:06:40 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Think it would have been close to 50% today. In my mind things could have turned around the wrong way today, and I could have been down way more than I had wanted. Quite a few things I was not confident in I did yesterday. First thing I was buying puts on ARKK, thinking it was getting to TSLA. It was but the fund had a lot of winners yesterday. I had switched my view on CVNA and had puts on it. It was rebounding yesterday and I didn't get it. I didn't see why TSLA was rebounding for sure. Thought maybe some shorts were coming in, but didn't know. The general market is selling off, so some of these stocks are just amplifications. I've emptied out at that brokerage and don't even care that much. What could have been tens of thousands over the course of the short term, don't care much about that either. Seems like it would be this way, but things are so up and down, hard to say where they finish. People being afraid of inflation, they're going to want to pull out money so they can even afford part of the things they're dreaming of, plus this pipeline chaos. Wasn't reflected yesterday, would have been nice. So I'm just straight up shorting TSLA on a small level now for the time being, do not want to get back in after these missed gains with options.

This has not even been worth it for me anyway. It was all I cared about for 2 weeks and to be honest, I just seem to be watching a green line for hours like it's a horse race or football game. Checking this, checking that, reading this. Hardly even took care of myself, wasn't leaving the house, just obsessed. have been sick too. Had thought maybe COVID, but it's better already,

Added: Just looked up some of the puts I had and most increased 50, 70 and 100% today. Yuck. Never know where they land when I would have sold, but the very short term future looks red for days.

Just take some time off. Relax, hit the gym, take care of yourself, and then come back with a better thought out game plan. Desperation sometimes works, but more often doesn't. Cool and calculated is the way to be. You can do it. There is a learning curve to everything.
MDawg
MDawg
May 12th, 2021 at 9:11:35 PM permalink
The thing about Musk is that...he's not calculating with his announcements. He's just as likely to say something that will hurt his own company and its investments as to say something that will shoot BTC or TSLA stock up. The guy really is just an engineer, not an investor. Can't anyone see that he doesn't know what he is doing? outside of designing a great car.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 12th, 2021 at 9:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The thing about Musk is that...he's not calculating with his announcements. He's just as likely to say something that will hurt his own company and its investments as to say something that will shoot BTC or TSLA stock up. The guy really is just an engineer, not an investor. Can't anyone see that he doesn't know what he is doing? outside of designing a great car.

Anything he says moves things, anything. If he tweeted he thought it might rain, some would buy umbrellas and some would buy property in the desert. China is putting pressure on him, they don't want those mining operations.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
May 13th, 2021 at 6:42:14 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

. Can't anyone see that he doesn't know what he is doing? outside of designing a great car.

I think SpaceX will be his defining company and not Tesla or Paypal.
Order from chaos
MDawg
MDawg
May 13th, 2021 at 6:47:41 AM permalink
He's still bashing the environmental mining aspect of bitcoin today, but at some point, he'll be ignored. Now, if he declares that TSLA sold all its bitcoin holdings, that would be further bad news for crypto in general and for bitcoin especially.
MDawg
MDawg
May 13th, 2021 at 9:12:54 AM permalink
TSLA 583 average in at 568, sold the lot at 576. Probably could have done better but I booked the K for the day.
MDawg
MDawg
May 13th, 2021 at 11:02:32 AM permalink
TSLA 565 to 566. Dropped lower first, but still came back to Papa.
MDawg
MDawg
May 13th, 2021 at 11:46:45 AM permalink
Okay so you went straight short on TSLA, onenickel? What is the game plan. It didn't occur to you to buy to cover when TSLA was down pushing -20 today?

• Jump to: