Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 29th, 2021 at 8:23:46 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

IRS? or FinCEN?
Then I imagine they would behave the same if paid with a gold ingot or a BTC... But then IANAL and IDKAL

FinCEN only.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 18
March 29th, 2021 at 9:54:07 AM permalink
Bitcoin is not cash. Gold is not cash. If someone accepts either as payment for something there is no current regulation that requires reporting.

Looks like the market is recovering hope it sticks. And that's, again, why the earliest morning trades tend to be the highest probability as long as the entry points make sense. Most every trade I entered today would have made more simply by holding and that is where you want to be with day trading - within a comfortable safety zone, means that your picker ain't broken.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
March 30th, 2021 at 8:37:16 AM permalink
Booked 900 in the very early minutes after the bell.

Market has recovered so far from its low. I like.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
March 30th, 2021 at 1:06:30 PM permalink
Just sold the 626 TSLA shares for 634.3. Booked $83. Still have 10 shares at 669. Really flat market today. Was down .01% with 5 minutes to go. Ended up .03%. But happiest that I offloaded some TSLA at a profit. I now own 90 Ďlong termí shares and 10 I want to get rid of...
MDawg.... you buy and sell for a dollar or two a share.... but can multiply x 100 or 250.... Iím not prepared to put that much cash at risk.....
Keep up keeping up!
MDawg
MDawg
March 31st, 2021 at 8:39:41 AM permalink
Solid green today on the stocks I generally trade. Other than a big dip off the highs on CMG, I don't see much reason to trade today.
MDawg
MDawg
April 1st, 2021 at 3:52:48 AM permalink
Things look pretty good right now tech stock wise. What's interesting if you have ever watched is how dramatically (at least for a bit) things change right at 4am PST when the pre- opens to retail. You might have a stock like AMZN up or down 15 or 20 points and then suddenly that drops by half.

SooPoo I am sure that 669 basis TSLA of yours will be in the money today. (Already at 683 in the pre-.) But think about how far you'd be in the money if you'd kept those averaging in shares. Yes you made a few bucks trading them independently and yes the market went down below your basis on those for a bit but the market also has a cruel way of turning today's loser into tomorrow's big winner and punishing those without patience. Again, when averaging in I prefer to just wait for the miracle to happen and selling the combined shares versus piece meal. Still, you booked a profit on each trade and nothing wrong with that.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 1st, 2021 at 4:40:49 AM permalink
Have a sell order in at 687.5 for those 669 shares. Itís 682 now as we speak. Most everything green this morning.... except my J and J which apparently messed up on producing a mere 15 million doses of vaccine....

Edit... Just filled. $185 booked. Just a few days ago was underwater $750!

Second edit.... Sold my 5 trading shares of AMZN at 3137 from 3052. Booked $425.

Still underwater on NOK, NAK, HERO.....
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Apr 1, 2021
MDawg
MDawg
April 1st, 2021 at 8:57:30 AM permalink
Couple lightweight trades. TSLA 677 to 678, and again 675 to 675.5 I had the sell in @ 676 but just let it go. Booked $375.

Both WAGERS I presented expired at the end of March without anyone daring to take them up.

Might post the screen shots for my trades as we carry on, might not. As the Wagers are now closed I don't care to spend the time taking the screenshots and redacting the account info for each trade. Anyone with any sense knows they are all genuine, and if anyone thought otherwise would have undertaken the Wager. No one else in the history of WOV has ever presented any back up for anything he has done. Except MDawg.

MDawg
MDawg
April 2nd, 2021 at 6:25:35 AM permalink
Markets closed / Good Friday.
Futures open and green across the board.

BTC trading is never closed. Pushing 60K again!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 2nd, 2021 at 7:15:54 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Markets closed / Good Friday.
Futures open and green across the board.

BTC trading is never closed. Pushing 60K again!

As best I can tell I cannot trade stocks today. No Ďpre marketí or Ďafter marketí. But I see a bid and ask price listed but I canít really buy. Or sell. Slightly green though... so good. I think it may be time to buy more TSLA on Monday as it has fallen again...!

• Jump to: