Thread Rating:

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
February 25th, 2021 at 3:42:01 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Bad day for me. I lost 3.5% of my ETrade account today.

Quote: SOOPOO

. I did better. Down around 1.8%. Due to probably more cash/bonds than you have.

Don't worry guys.
As Mr Martingale would say. . . Just Average Down.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
February 25th, 2021 at 3:47:12 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I think bottom line is that you can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "loss." Just consider how well it has done in the past year, etc. And keep plugging away with the trades.

Or flip that... After a profitable day/session...
You can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "profit." Just consider how badly it has done in the past year, etc. And...
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 18
February 26th, 2021 at 7:55:29 AM permalink
If you're trading today SooPoo, be careful. I bot 500 TSLA at 685 which I assumed was going to be the bottom for that time, then it dropped and dropped, so I bot 500 more at 661, entered an order to sell all 1000 @ 674 to make a grand and get the h. out. Averaging in, you quite understand!

I got a partial on the 500, which made sense as it barely touched 674, but then on the second pass it hit above 675 and still my order notification stayed open for half an hour, and by then it had dumped back to 661 or so!

Anyway, I couldn't get through on the phone or secure message, finally on chat they told me that the entire 1000 had filled.

It's crazy out there today, delayed notifications of fills, all that!

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 7:57:46 AM permalink
Of course now I wish I HADN'T got a fill. It's 681 now. 🤓

Still, my clue that I had a fill for all shares was that when it hit 675 and change I tried to cancel the sell order (to try to sell the second lot at higher than 674) and it would not let me....

P.S. I noticed TSLA hit 706 so, for at least a moment anyway, you were in the green on your TSLA @ 705 from yesterday.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:12:19 AM permalink
TSLA 688 again now.

See, that's what I mean about how I know what I'm doing here and my original intuition and intended sales price, even before averaging in, is usually right. I bot at 685 intending to sell a 686 for a quick sale. I could have done that today.

But by averaging in, I merely...hedged my bet (increased the probability of a fill today) and lowered the price TSLA needed to hit for me to make my bones. Which I ended up booking a grand anyway instead of five hunny.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:15:00 AM permalink
Let's face it, the MDawg course on stock trading should be $100K. That charlatan Tim Sykes has nothing on me. He makes his money off (1) tuition, (2) buying penny stocks ahead of pumping them to his students. I make actual money trading, real stocks not pennies, without any need for pump and dump, which on the big stocks I trade the volume is so high that one guy (unless he's George Soros or the equivalent) couldn't push them anywhere anyway.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
February 26th, 2021 at 8:29:29 AM permalink
I got second shot (Moderna) yesterday. Barely slept last night. So just woke up from nap. Will check the carnage now!
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:34:39 AM permalink
Hope you feel better!

No, we're okay now. Not at the highs but definitely far off the lows.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 23
February 26th, 2021 at 3:19:59 PM permalink
The GBP might still be a buy. I bought around 1.25 and will sell at 1.50. Closed at 1.39 today
Itís all about making that GTA
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
February 26th, 2021 at 4:14:40 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

The GBP might still be a buy. I bought around 1.25 and will sell at 1.50. Closed at 1.39 today

Aw cheers. Drive up the value of my lovely coins.
It was not so long ago that the $/£ rate was 1.20 Your currency has slid rather a lot in recent years against both the GBP and the Euro.
Presumably that will manifest as inflation for you guys, especially on imports.

• Jump to: