Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 18
February 25th, 2021 at 7:13:51 AM permalink
SHORTING IS AVAILABLE on GME today. I tested it with an open order that was accepted. I cancelled it out...wish I hadn't.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 8:13:49 AM permalink
This morning it was WIDE OPEN, but when I entered an order to short right now,

1) The system is telling me that it might not even fill for up to fifteen minutes. Not edifying!

2) Now there is an estimated 5% borrowing shares cost imposed....

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 8:18:35 AM permalink
Anyway, back in the real (non-GME) world, I already booked a quick fifteen hunny. I really sold myself short on that TSLA trade though...should've held it much longer.

MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 11:31:04 AM permalink
This is for you big guy. Averaging in / buying on dips are decidedly not dead!

And if you think I wanted to hold those 400 sh overnight...you're _____.

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 25th, 2021 at 1:09:05 PM permalink
Bad day for me. I lost 3.5% of my ETrade account today.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
February 25th, 2021 at 1:28:32 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Bad day for me. I lost 3.5% of my ETrade account today.

. I did better. Down around 1.8%. Due to probably more cash/bonds than you have.

My big loser play.... bought TSLA at 705 Was going to trade! Put in order to sell at 724. I still have them. I think around 675. Iím holding....I did off load some more AMC yesterday at 10.4 which was good....
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 1:53:52 PM permalink
I actually had an order to buy 500 TSLA at 705 too! You may see it above - I cancelled it out, after I ended up stuck in the AMZN trade that I barely made it out of ahead.

But see - the TIME of the trade is what matters, not necessarily the price. As you may note, earlier in the day I bot 500 TSLA @ 709, let it go at 710 and noticed how much I left on the table, as it made it up to 717 or so. Later on, buying even at 705 was a bad idea....

Anyway I closed out one more AMZN trade just 100 sh @ 3073, and I almost got stuck in THAT too, as it dipped all the way to, what was it SooPoo, were you watching? something like 3047! before it rallied before the bell and let me out at 3073.5 It was too close to the bell and I just wanted out, so I actually lowered my sell price.

SO, I ended up booking 1750 trading wise. Long terms dropped quite a lot - that 1750 didn't even make a tiny dent in what those went down today. 😣

But see - just keep chugging away SooPoo - don't think about what your long terms are doing - just concentrate on booking profitable trades. TSLA will be back over 700 soon enough. I mean - it dipped to something like 619 the other day and made it back to the 740s by the next day or so. This week was a blur, both because of the stock market and also because, we've been out of town on a vacation for her to make her happy before we go on my vacation - to VEGAS. I've managed to book trades in the mornings all week, but I got caught up a bit in today's trading and was in it right up until the bell.

As far as the DROP - this is the way it is usually, unfortunately, during these panics. When we have a "too fast" recovery we end up double dipping to a second new low, before a more sustained recovery rolls in. The too fast recovery was probably two days ago.

There is all sorts of crazy negative talk during these panics. Just plug your ears and hold on.

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 25
February 25th, 2021 at 2:46:36 PM permalink
10 year yield is rising. If this continues stocks will be under pressure.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 2:58:11 PM permalink
True.

On the other hand, something or other always spooks the markets and then next thing you know, we're back at ATHs.

Another way to look at it is that it seems like lately every time we plan another long Vegas trip, the market is in a temporary downturn. 🥴

A third perspective is that it was overbought and we weren't entitled to all those free wheeling dollars....

I think bottom line is that you can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "loss." Just consider how well it has done in the past year, etc. And keep plugging away with the trades.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 25
February 25th, 2021 at 3:24:38 PM permalink
I do agree with your points. If you did not make money lately you should not be in the market. So many over priced stocks right now. Lots of new people getting into the markets since Covid who are more into gambling that than investing. They will pay their dues sooner or later.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong

• Jump to: