Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 251
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:26:21 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

There are ways to play...and ways not to play...and watching a risky penny stock go to 7 and back to 4 three times without taking any action is not the way to play. It doesn't represent any sort of smart trading, or investing.

As I mentioned above, if you had a double at any point you could have sold half and held a free roll with which to gamble. And it's not like you failed to take any action once - you had three such opportunities (or was it four??) for maybe not a double, but still a nice profit, and did nothing.

So now you're all the way back to ground zero three times, and if that doesn't bother you, you're destined to repeat the same again.

Nope smart move is to wait for the science of you believe in it.

Why would I sell one share if I believe the science is going to be successful and this stock is going to skyrocket?

I would be kicking myself if I sold half my shares at $7 and then watched it go to $30
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 110
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:45:20 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Nope smart move is to wait for the science of you believe in it.

Why would I sell one share if I believe the science is going to be successful and this stock is going to skyrocket?

I would be kicking myself if I sold half my shares at $7 and then watched it go to $30

You are different from MDawg and me. In that you own a single stock that you believe will go through the roof. I am more concerned about holding too long. There is a phrase ‘no one ever went broke taking profits’.

I think for your first run at this.... if you were able to double.... sell half... then you have half for as long as you want for a ‘free ride’. I’m not saying it makes any ‘economic’ sense, but it certainly makes me feel better when the stock comes tumbling down. I sold a small amount of my TLRY last week or so at $70. It’s around $20 now. I am not implying you ‘trade’ your CYDY, just sell 1/2.... and enjoy the rest of the ride...
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 18
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:54:20 AM permalink
What I love about Soopoo is that he sees the light and is willing to learn from the past. And uses the phrase "different from" correctly.  😄
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:57:36 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You are different from MDawg and me. In that you own a single stock that you believe will go through the roof. I am more concerned about holding too long. There is a phrase ‘no one ever went broke taking profits’.

I think for your first run at this.... if you were able to double.... sell half... then you have half for as long as you want for a ‘free ride’. I’m not saying it makes any ‘economic’ sense, but it certainly makes me feel better when the stock comes tumbling down. I sold a small amount of my TLRY last week or so at $70. It’s around $20 now. I am not implying you ‘trade’ your CYDY, just sell 1/2.... and enjoy the rest of the ride...

Well, I don't intend to take my stock advice from a self-proclaimed Baccarat master.

If it goes below $3 I am prepping to buy more!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 110
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:01:12 AM permalink

What I love about Soopoo is that he sees the light and is willing to learn from the past. And uses the phrase "different from" correctly.  😄

Thanks. I think in my career, it probably made me my ‘best’ 20 years into my career. You learn from each difficult case, or mistakes you made in an easy case. I guess it applies to life in general as well.

As I said, this is dark’s first stock foray. He has gone from homeless to being a successful AP. He will learn from his first stock experience, and if he chooses to, I have no doubt will be successful. It’s not that difficult, really.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:19:13 AM permalink
I am more like Darkoz. Once I buy I usually hold for a long period. I probably sell two stocks a year.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:21:49 AM permalink
Blue chip sure. Penny stocks, no.

Sounds like you do sell at some point. Why? This seems contradictory to me given your seeming kinship with DarkO's holding CYDY long term. My very long terms I do not sell at all, but again, these are top stocks that have made it out of the park for me with home runs. I'd never bother with any penny stock to begin with if I had a long term disposition. Penny stocks are OTC, or worse, OTC pink.

Why sell at all? When do you decide to sell? And if you do sell, then why would you think it okay to hold a risky penny stock that has three or four times dropped back to a loss when it was once at a profit.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:34:45 AM permalink

Blue chip sure. Penny stocks, no.

Sounds like you do sell at some point. Why? This seems contradictory to me given your seeming kinship with DarkO's holding CYDY long term. My very long terms I do not sell at all, but again, these are top stocks that have made it out of the park for me with home runs. I'd never bother with any penny stock to begin with if I had a long term disposition. Penny stocks are OTC, or worse, OTC pink.

Why sell at all? When do you decide to sell? And if you do sell, then why would you think it okay to hold a risky penny stock that has three or four times dropped back to a loss when it was once at a profit.

Because it's dropped three times on no news!!!!!!!!

We are waiting for the scientific news to be released.

Everything else, all the SP movements are just weak hands taking a few hunny profit cause they are scared (like you are of penny stocks)

No one who believes in their investment is worried about prices until the news comes out.

I don't know why you are having difficulty with this concept
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:38:46 AM permalink
I was asking DRich not you. He mentioned that he sells twice a year.

You aren't here to listen. We get where you are coming from. Good luck.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:48:17 AM permalink

I was asking DRich not you. He mentioned that he sells twice a year.

You aren't here to listen. We get where you are coming from. Good luck.

Right!

I'm not listening to you!

• Jump to: