Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 19
February 1st, 2021 at 7:05:51 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I could see a reversal to the green side by the bell

Didn't even take that long. We were solidly green by last night.

However, today whatever trades I have tried to enter got stuck in the queue. Never opened! Stupid, sluggish, system today.

I had GME at 265 on its first big dip, coulda made twenty points, and TSLA at 798 for another good trade. This is the second consecutive day the trading platforms are overloaded.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
February 1st, 2021 at 7:23:40 AM permalink
This is not acceptable. All trades I place are simply getting queued and not opening. I am testing the system now with deliberately below market trades - none will open. This, and then on the 27th couldn't even access the account. So, when they sit there in the queue forever, I just cancel them in case I get placed into a position without even knowing it.

Chat won't even work, and no one will answer the phone at the brokerage, and I am a high level account with a dedicated broker, and still can't get through.

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
February 1st, 2021 at 7:31:30 AM permalink
MD.... I have TD. I had absolutely no problem placing 10 separate limit orders shortly after the market opening today. VERY small trades on 10 "green energy" type stocks that wife's daughter recommended. I frankly expect to lose money on each of them! These are stocks that have all had huge run ups recently. But I have regretted the two recent suggestions she gave me that I did not act on (GME at around $80, dogecoin at around a penny).
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 256
February 1st, 2021 at 7:32:02 AM permalink

This is not acceptable. All trades I place are simply getting queued and not opening. I am testing the system now with deliberately below market trades - none will open. This, and then on the 27th couldn't even access the account. So, when they sit there in the queue forever, I just cancel them in case I get placed into a position without even knowing it.

Chat won't even work, and no one will answer the phone at the brokerage, and I am a high level account with a dedicated broker, and still can't get through.

Funny how people don't listen when they are told short interest positions are rigging the market.

Guaranteed when the dust clears the short hedge funds will have seen to invest AND be helped by brokerage firms refusing buys. Selling only is a perfect storm for shorts
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
February 1st, 2021 at 7:55:36 AM permalink
Gonna have to try my other stock trading platform.
MDawg
MDawg
February 1st, 2021 at 7:59:36 AM permalink
Okay both are working now.

I missed a lot of good trades though. On the other hand, if I had entered a position and not been able to close it, I would have lost a lot. For example with GME, if I had filled at 265, I could have sold quickly at 285. However if I had been placed in the trade, and then gotten stuck, it also dropped all the way to 213 or so where it was halted, and is now 235.

If my TSLA trade at 798 had filled, and it should have, I'd be sitting pretty now though, regardless.

With trading a few minutes or sometimes even seconds may make a huge difference.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 1st, 2021 at 8:26:15 AM permalink

With trading a few minutes or sometimes even seconds may make a huge difference.

I think I relayed my NOK story. Bought at $4.80. Noticed it was $8.60 or so. Answered a phone call or text.... waited a few minutes then logged back in to sell.... was down to $6.66 .... didn't sell. back around $4.80 I think!
MDawg
MDawg
February 1st, 2021 at 9:04:07 AM permalink
Darn! (PG rated swear word) I had a whole story posted here, but then I clicked something and it all disappeared.

Suffice it to say...been there...done that! however, in my case, the stocks I trade, I just average in more, and then ride it out. I don't follow NOK, but - did it eventually go back much higher, or not?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 1st, 2021 at 9:21:08 AM permalink

Darn! (PG rated swear word) I had a whole story posted here, but then I clicked something and it all disappeared.

Suffice it to say...been there...done that! however, in my case, the stocks I trade, I just average in more, and then ride it out. I don't follow NOK, but - did it eventually go back much higher, or not?

Not sure . I know it went over 5 for a bit. It is now $4.78. So I've had a roller coaster ride and am right back at the starting point. I picked NOK out of all her suggestions because it is a company that at least makes a profit, but just $1 billion last year. So i think for my small investment I'm just going to hold unless it has another stupid Reddit pop.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 1st, 2021 at 5:02:22 PM permalink
My 2 shares of AMZN surged $150 each today. Did you buy any then sell today?

NOK finished at $4.88.

• Jump to: