Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
October 26th, 2021 at 8:49:03 AM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Quote: MDawg

SooPoo, by the way, I assume you held your 5 shares of COIN all the way back to a profit? which just goes to show what I have said all along. Hold a quality stock long enough, it will come back into the green. There is no reason to ever book a loss.
link to original post

The devil is in the details. The trick is to know when a quality stock is no longer a quality stock. Back in the late 70s my folks gave me $17k worth of Eastman Kodak stock when I graduated from college. Being young, naive, and more focused on other stuff (e.g., sex, drugs, & rock-n-roll) I ignored it for years. Eventually it became pretty close to worthless. I eventually sold it for ~ $1k. On the other hand, if I had sold it in 1980 and invested the proceeds in one of the "new" quality stocks of that era (e.g., Intel, CISCO) and held it till now I would have somewhere between $4M and $10M today.
Ah well.... could have, should have, but didn't.
link to original post

I hear you, my Kmart/Sears stock is not quite what it used to be.
Order from chaos
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 31
October 26th, 2021 at 9:02:05 AM permalink
It is hard to know when the paradigm might shift.

Conventional thinking (Tucker, DeLorean) would be that a non Big Three American auto manufacturer will never make it.

But sometimes the paradigm shifts and the old school sticks around to still book profits. Such as with the advent of Japanese quartz watches, and the ability of Rolex, Patek, Breguet, etc. to stay afloat. Of course - Swatch bought Breguet in 1999, among other Swiss fine timepiece makers.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
October 26th, 2021 at 12:16:36 PM permalink
I traded additional shares of TSLA on the dip. It was about -13 when I hit it. Twenty points! and it's even more green than when I sold, now.

Cha'ching, on top of cha'ching!
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
October 27th, 2021 at 9:03:59 AM permalink
TSLA still marching up there again!

BTC took a little hit though.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
October 27th, 2021 at 9:23:53 AM permalink
No way to predict TSLA. It was up over $80 yesterday and finished red. Who knows where it finishes today.
MDawg
MDawg
October 27th, 2021 at 9:34:23 AM permalink
If you want a million dollar tip. My rule of thumb is that the FIRST day, FIRST time a stock that has been marching up reverses, the dip is bought up pretty well, which is why I did that big trade yesterday and held it for a good ten points. I didn't get the bottom, but I still made ten points pretty easily. It was right in the tea leaves that TSLA would rise back to green after going red. Then on the second dip to red, true, wasn't bought back up as well, at least not yesterday.

On each subsequent (consecutive) day of reversals, the chances that the buyers will be as eager to bring it back up after a dip, might drop.

So if TSLA dips heavily today, this would be the second day of reversal following this particular latest run up.
TDVegas
TDVegas
October 27th, 2021 at 9:44:44 AM permalink

If you want a million dollar tip. My rule of thumb is that the FIRST day, FIRST time a stock that has been marching up reverses, the dip is bought up pretty well, which is why I did that big trade yesterday and held it for a good ten points. I didn't get the bottom, but I still made ten points pretty easily. It was right in the tea leaves that TSLA would rise back to green after going red. Then on the second dip to red, true, wasn't bought back up as well, at least not yesterday.

On each subsequent (consecutive) day of reversals, the chances that the buyers will be as eager to bring it back up after a dip, might drop.

So if TSLA dips heavily today, this would be the second day of reversal following this particular latest run up.
link to original post

Youíre ALWAYS on the right side of a trade. I donít remember seeing a trade of yours that wasnít profitable. LOL. Itís like magic.
MDawg
MDawg
October 27th, 2021 at 9:49:58 AM permalink
Every stock I trade hits a new ATH eventually, so the only way I could lose is by losing patience!

True, like Gilligan's Island, some of my "three hour trades" have turned into medium term holds, but still, they always come back.

SooPoo just proved this same principle with COIN.
TDVegas
TDVegas
October 27th, 2021 at 10:02:41 AM permalink

Every stock I trade hits a new ATH eventually, so the only way I could lose is by losing patience!

True, like Gilligan's Island, some of my "three hour trades" have turned into medium term holds, but still, they always come back.

SooPoo just proved this same principle with COIN.
link to original post

I know. Every trade is a winner or soon to be winner. Itís just uncanny.
MDawg
MDawg
October 27th, 2021 at 10:05:38 AM permalink
That's actually fact. Take any trade I have posted and the stock is currently trading at dozens if not hundreds if not thousands of points higher. It would be impossible to lose given that fact.

• Jump to: