DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
November 13th, 2010 at 6:21:39 PM permalink
A good friend thought it should be easy to find an exotic knife in Las Vegas ... I'm not so sure ... I mean, he likes the really rare Asian, Indonesian, Malay blades and wanted me to bring him home a couple on my next trip ... they're rare anywhere, but he seems to think they would be easy to find in Las Vegas ... well ... where does one go for a good blade?

When are the gun shows in Las Vegas? Maybe some vendors would have them on display ...

Kansas gets pretty boring ... but it's 2nd amendment territory here ... that said, even the rocks here know Palin is an idiot ...

-Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
November 13th, 2010 at 7:47:56 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

A good friend thought it should be easy to find an exotic knife in Las Vegas ... I'm not so sure ... I mean, he likes the really rare Asian, Indonesian, Malay blades and wanted me to bring him home a couple on my next trip ... they're rare anywhere, but he seems to think they would be easy to find in Las Vegas ... well ... where does one go for a good blade?

When are the gun shows in Las Vegas? Maybe some vendors would have them on display ...

Kansas gets pretty boring ... but it's 2nd amendment territory here ... that said, even the rocks here know Palin is an idiot ...

-Ms. D.

I do believe you just fired off a dumb personal insult. I demand you be Chucked.
But I'll help you out. If it was a contest between Palin & Obama on who had the qualifications to be president, Sarah wins hands down, and we've actually been treated to how inexperience can ruin the country prior to this last "correction" election that will be followed by another in 2 years.

I collect knives. There's nothing real in LV, and if they say they're from China or Pakistan then they're knock-offs.
(I hope you get to read this before you're 86'ed).
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
November 13th, 2010 at 8:33:52 PM permalink

-Ms. D.

There are always several exotic knife and sword vendors at Cowboy Christmas, which runs more or less concurrently with Jump on Cattle Week, er, the NFR championships in Vegas. First part of December.

I think it would be soooo cool for the security guards at the IP to be armed with samurai swords. And the ones at the TI could have cutlasses...Caesar's could feature Roman short swords...
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 14th, 2010 at 7:44:24 AM permalink

-Ms. D.

Try the Gold and Silver Paw n Shop, they seem to get some weird stuff and given the image they have on the TV Show I doubt they would knowingly sell any fakes.

In the furure, perhaps you should consider asking such a question w/o adding the trolling question about Ms. Palin. Such a statement can only be added to inflame. I was going to refute your statement but will not take the bait.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
November 14th, 2010 at 9:01:46 AM permalink
I'm still wondering how she gets a pass for the personal insult. Don't the rules apply to everyone regardless of the insult?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
November 14th, 2010 at 9:06:51 AM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

I'm still wondering how she gets a pass for the personal insult. Don't the rules apply to everyone regardless of the insult?

Sarah is not a member of the forum, so I'll let that slide. I'll reword rule 1 to say that insulting other forum members is not allowed.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
November 14th, 2010 at 9:12:06 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Sarah is not a member of the forum, so I'll let that slide. I'll reword rule 1 to say that insulting other forum members is not allowed.

OK, but wouldn't it be GREAT to have her here? She's a natural for LV.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 14th, 2010 at 9:20:41 AM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

OK, but wouldn't it be GREAT to have her here? She's a natural for LV.

I'd love to have an intelligent and successful person such as Sarah on the board.

But back to buying knives, I have to agree LV is not the place to do so. If you ever watch Pawn Stars you will see that Rick always talks about how tourist places are full of fakes shown as new. He mentions place mostly in Asia, but why should LV be an exception?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
November 16th, 2010 at 9:04:46 AM permalink
Did you hear about the new slot machine called "Sarah?" -- Yeah, it has Sarah Pay Lines.

Life is simple here in Kansas --

I'm in Las Vegas right now, at a Starbucks with my dusty laptop -- knife stores -- nope -- I went to the Martial Arts store on Sunset (2301) -- yesterday around 2PM, but they were closed. When I peered through the window, they had the usual assortment of Kung Fu and Japanese blah blah knives and swords -- blah blah blah -- I looked up "Knife" in the yellow pages -- nope -- oh well, I guess I'll return to Kansas unknifed ... thanks to all for your kind advice ... not that it would be easy to get a knife back to Kansas ... I'd ship it not carry it ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
  • Jump to: