3 votes (33.33%)
2 votes (22.22%)
2 votes (22.22%)

9 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 10th, 2019 at 6:52:51 PM permalink
Well, that was a little unfortunate. Those Oreo cookies down there on the plate I left down there on the floor yesterday look like they're crawling with ants. I pick up the plate and look at it, well there aren't any ants on those cookies, but I wonder why they look funny.

They are covered in ants. My presbyopia(just looked that up, means I need reading glasses) confused me, because I couldn't see the ants right in front of my face.

Can't know to not touch the hot stove until you touch the stove.

I'm getting old.
I am a robot.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 10th, 2019 at 8:25:09 PM permalink
ants are protein and you can also ferment them to make beer.

I recently waited for Meals on Wheels to arrive without realizing it was Sunday.

Can no longer keep track of Cocao versus Cacoa, much less the prices for each of them.

I have a printer I can't get to work...spent eons trying.

I went out to see if the door panel had a red light or a green light. Sure enough it was red, indicating I would need a fob to get back in, but hadn't brought it.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Jun 10, 2019
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
June 11th, 2019 at 12:59:31 AM permalink
They need to lower the retirement age down to 50 because of bad eyesight. It's just keeps getting worse by the month and I can only get new bifocals every 24 months. The Family Dollar Store has some $6 reading glasses that I can't live without.

Those micro-ants may look like dust on the floor but where did they come from and how much ant killer spray do I need to use and where? I just drown them in wet paper towels as they scamper away all over the place. I've had to stop buying Rice Krispy Treats because they'll always come out for those, even unopened.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 11th, 2019 at 8:58:31 AM permalink
I decided to play some big o, which is omaha hi/lo played with 5 cards, pot limit.

First time my inability to clearly see cards across the table from me really had an impact. In hold em, you only have to see 2 cards and can just ask what they are if need be. But the range of hands is pretty narrow by the river and it is not that important to see if someone has t-8 vs t-9.

Five cards are harder to see and, when you're trying to figure out how someone plays the game, you really want to see all the cards they have. For example, they might have called on the flop with just the second nut low draw and backed into a straight, which would be a terrible play. Or, they might have had a flush draw and a pair to go with that low, and then backed into a straight, which would be a fine play.

On several hands, I could only make educated guesses about what the villain's tabled hand was.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 11th, 2019 at 9:39:20 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

First time my inability to clearly see cards across the table from me really had an impact. In hold em, you only have to see 2 cards and can just ask what they are if need be. But the range of hands is pretty narrow by the river and it is not that important to see if someone has t-8 vs t-9.

This is why everyone should learn to play Pai Gow... no matter how bad your eyesight gets, you can always just feel the tiles with your fingers!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 11th, 2019 at 2:51:36 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

This is why everyone should learn to play Pai Gow... no matter how bad your eyesight gets, you can always just feel the tiles with your fingers!

I'll bear that in mind. The social workers won't spring for a tutor so my brain can relearn blackjack.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 11th, 2019 at 7:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I'll bear that in mind. The social workers won't spring for a tutor so my brain can relearn blackjack.

Play video poker. They use that for therapy for seniors.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: