kiki
kiki
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 26, 2019
February 26th, 2019 at 10:58:54 PM permalink
I've been to different countries and I must say it always amazed me how street foods taste differ from one to another. Asian, Western even Middle East food are way too different. I went to Slap's BBQ, it's near this place and I must say the review says it all! Delicious for a stop over trip! Still checking out for street foods here in KC. I went to Japan before and my favorite street food is their Takoyaki. What's the best street food you've ever tasted?
Marvello34
Marvello34
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 6
Joined: Mar 30, 2019
April 1st, 2019 at 7:38:43 PM permalink
I love a few items while I am on the street like- Fusca and Chotpoti. Both of them are my most favorite.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26680
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
michael99000
April 1st, 2019 at 8:50:02 PM permalink
Tacos.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5063
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
April 1st, 2019 at 8:54:06 PM permalink
Frittatinas in Naopli, Shawarma in Israel, meat on sticks in Hong Kong, samosas in India, Gelato in Italy, Empanadas in Chile.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
April 1st, 2019 at 9:50:02 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Frittatinas in Naopli, Shawarma in Israel, meat on sticks in Hong Kong, samosas in India, Gelato in Italy, Empanadas in Chile.



meat on sticks in Hong Kong sounds sketchy AF.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
April 1st, 2019 at 10:19:38 PM permalink
Corn nuts and a Double Gulp of diet Mtn Dew in the summer

Coffee and a protein bar when it’s under 90F
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 1st, 2019 at 10:23:07 PM permalink
Dirty water Sabrett hot dogs.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
April 2nd, 2019 at 1:24:08 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Frittatinas in Naopli, Shawarma in Israel, meat on sticks in Hong Kong, samosas in India, Gelato in Italy, Empanadas in Chile.

We all know what your favorite street meat is in the Philippines. (-;
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder 
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5063
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 2nd, 2019 at 7:19:06 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

We all know what your favorite street meat is in the Philippines. (-;


Never been but we all know that you sample the “street meat” in Vegas regularly.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Marvello34
Marvello34
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 6
Joined: Mar 30, 2019
April 3rd, 2019 at 7:43:52 AM permalink
Pop Corn and Fusca both of my favorite item.
harryobrien
harryobrien
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 3
Joined: May 22, 2019
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:14:40 AM permalink
Hot dogs are my love
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
May 22nd, 2019 at 6:29:23 AM permalink
Is it street meat if a reputable restaurant sets up a grill on their sidewalk? If so then I have only had 1 street meat and it was chicken teriyaki on a stick. Very good
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 6793
Joined: May 8, 2015
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
May 22nd, 2019 at 8:44:10 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

We all know what your favorite street meat is in the Philippines. (-;




a great many people throughout the world think that eating pigs is disgusting:



"in factory farms, they’re forced to live in their own feces and vomit and even amid the corpses of other pigs. Conditions are so filthy that at any given time, more than one-quarter of pigs suffer from mange—think of your worst case of poison ivy, and imagine having to suffer from it for the rest of your life."

"A pig farm with 5,000 animals produces as much fecal waste as a city of 50,000 people. In 1995, 25 million gallons of putrid hog urine and feces spilled into a North Carolina river, immediately killing between 10 and 14 million fish. To get around water pollution limits, factory farms will frequently take the tons of urine and feces that are stored in cesspools and turn them into liquid waste that they spray into the air. This manure-filled mist is carried away by the wind and inhaled by the people who live nearby."
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 8:51:25 AM permalink
Not much of a food truck person. In NY, dirty water dogs and shish kebabs.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 6793
Joined: May 8, 2015
May 22nd, 2019 at 8:59:28 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

We all know what your favorite street meat is in the Philippines. (-;



ragging on the Filipinos for what they eat -

here are the countries in Europe that eat horse meat in case you would like to rag on some Caucasians:

Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
France
Germany
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Malta
Netherlands
Norway Poland
Serbia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Ukraine


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_meat
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:14:31 AM permalink
US Army sold horse meat in its commissaries in the late 1970s. I was surprised when I saw it. No idea who it was marketed to. As far as I know, the MRE affectionately known as the Sea Biscuit Special is still being issued. Its a hamburger patty, made from a mix that includes horsemeat.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:23:23 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

US Army sold horse meat in its commissaries in the late 1970s. I was surprised when I saw it. No idea who it was marketed to. As far as I know, the MRE affectionately known as the Sea Biscuit Special is still being issued. Its a hamburger patty, made from a mix that includes horsemeat.



What's the issue with some animals being okay to eat and others not? Is it a matter of taste, tradition or safety?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14156
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:59:29 AM permalink
I have to say I cannot narrow it to just one. What I do like is small sizes so I can have a few things not one "meal."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
May 22nd, 2019 at 10:36:19 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

We all know what your favorite street meat is in the Philippines. (-;



Don't mean to interject with your asian meats, however I think you meant to imply Thailand.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4237
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
May 22nd, 2019 at 11:32:25 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

What's the issue with some animals being okay to eat and others not? Is it a matter of taste, tradition or safety?



I guess how the animal is treated in different Countries. In the US, Cows are bred as THINGS to be eat, drunk from, and to be worn. In India however Cows are considered holy and using Cows like we do in The U.S is considered a religious sin. In some Countries, dog and cats are considered delicious. In the U.S. dogs and cats are PETS, a part of our FAMILY and thoughts of people eating them bring feelings of disgust.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
  • Posts: 5177
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
Thanked by
Ayecarumba
May 22nd, 2019 at 1:24:14 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

What's the issue with some animals being okay to eat and others not? Is it a matter of taste, tradition or safety?



Start with the question: Why do we not eat human flesh? Why do we find that barbaric and gross?

When you answer that question, you can apply that answer to the question of why we do not eat dogs in the U.S. -and so on.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 6793
Joined: May 8, 2015
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:38:41 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Start with the question: Why do we not eat human flesh? Why do we find that barbaric and gross?

When you answer that question, you can apply that answer to the question of why we do not eat dogs in the U.S. -and so on.




don't really think you can answer the question that way

humans consider themselves to be the highest form of life - you have to take them out of the equation

to say that dogs are higher than horses or cows (obviously Hindus don't think that) and deserve to be spared from the dinner table whereas goats and horses and lambs and deer and rabbit do not deserve to be spared from the dinner table is not so easy to say

I think many humans love dogs and would find eating them repulsive

but the same is true for horses yet many cultures eat horse meat - so I don't think the argument holds

what one culture finds repulsive is not repulsive to another culture - it doesn't mean one culture is reprehensible and the other culture is wonderful

Hindus are disgusted by the slaughter of cows for food and it is forbidden in their religion and culture. it doesn't mean they're more sensitive and wonderful human beings than those who eat cows
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:40:58 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

don't really think you can answer the question that way

humans consider themselves to be the highest form of life - you have to take them out of the equation

to say that dogs are higher than horses or cows (obviously Hindus don't think that) and deserve to be spared from the dinner table whereas goats and horses and lambs and deer and rabbit do not deserve to be spared from the dinner table is not so easy to say

I think many humans love dogs and would find eating them repulsive

but the same is true for horses yet many cultures eat horse meat - so I don't think the argument holds

what one culture finds repulsive is not repulsive to another culture - it doesn't mean one culture is reprehensible and the other culture is wonderful



Are you implying that the things I don't like don't totally suck?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 6793
Joined: May 8, 2015
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:45:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Are you implying that the things I don't like don't totally suck?




it is possible that your world view doesn't represent the ultimate truth

yes, it's a small chance but there is some chance




BTW there is a word for that - ethnocentrism - the belief that the ways of your culture are the only good and right ways and if other cultures do things differently that is the wrong way
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:48:20 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it is possible that your world view doesn't represent the ultimate truth

yes, it's a small chance but there is some chance




BTW there is a word for that - ethnocentrism - the belief that the ways of your culture are the only good and right ways and if other cultures do things differently that is the wrong way



Mind Bottled.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:50:46 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it is possible that your world view doesn't represent the ultimate truth

yes, it's a small chance but there is some chance




BTW there is a word for that - ethnocentrism - the belief that the ways of your culture are the only good and right ways and if other cultures do things differently that is the wrong way



It's not that it's wrong. They just don't know any better. Don't hate people for being different. Pity them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 6793
Joined: May 8, 2015
May 22nd, 2019 at 2:54:45 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It's not that it's wrong. They just don't know any better. Don't hate people for being different. Pity them.




𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘!!!! - remember 𝑴𝒓. 𝑻 - he 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥 who wasn't decked out in a lot of gold jewelry
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
May 22nd, 2019 at 4:03:50 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

...why we do not eat dogs in the U.S...



Actually.... I know for a fact that the all inclusive "we" doesn't apply in this situation, and if you've eaten street food that kinda looked like lamb or goat... it may not have been either.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 6459
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
May 22nd, 2019 at 6:32:15 PM permalink
Hot dog from a cart.

A couple of years ago, I had one in just about the last place I would expect - Cambridge University.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 2706
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
May 22nd, 2019 at 11:14:17 PM permalink
Choripan with chimichurri.
It’s all about making that GTA
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 12409
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Thanked by
beachbumbabsPokerGrinder
May 23rd, 2019 at 12:41:17 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I guess how the animal is treated in different Countries. In the US, Cows are bred as THINGS to be eat, drunk from, and to be worn.



And tipped.

Oh, perhaps that belonged in the tipping thread.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 12036
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
May 23rd, 2019 at 3:14:31 AM permalink
$20 Boulder Highway hooker. That is what real gamblers choose.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
Joined: May 20, 2011
May 23rd, 2019 at 9:31:21 AM permalink
J'adore les Crepes! Parce que ca rend ma bite dure!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 529
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
May 23rd, 2019 at 1:38:58 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Start with the question: Why do we not eat human flesh? Why do we find that barbaric and gross?

When you answer that question, you can apply that answer to the question of why we do not eat dogs in the U.S. -and so on.


One answer is that with the exception of extreme circumstances, the costs of cannibalism outweigh the benefits. Aside from disease transmission (typically those that target the brain) it tends to result in lower birth rates due to cannibals targeting and consuming younger individuals (i.e., before they can reproduce). As to the "extreme circumstances" exception, it seems to always be survival situations where the living eat the dead (e.g. Uruguayan rugby team, the Donner Party (rumored but not confirmed)). On a personal note, I knew somebody who, at the age of 18 was sent to a Siberian prison camp where the prisoners resorted to this practice. When I met him thirty-odd years later he still had a lot psychological hangs-ups as a result of the whole experience.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
logandwilliams
logandwilliams
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 21, 2019
June 21st, 2019 at 1:16:09 AM permalink
I was recently in Kyiv. Have to say I was pretty surprised by the quality of the food, especially street food. So, if you happen to come to Kyiv, do not forget to try something.
I especially liked Kyivska Perepichka.
maddistrong
maddistrong
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 29, 2020
February 5th, 2020 at 7:36:22 AM permalink
Honestly, after the spread of the coronavirus due to street food in Wuhan, I began to be afraid to eat hamburgers and hot dogs of unknown origin. The only thing I eat on the street is croissants and coffee. Recently, I found one van that sold coffee and I noticed that before it was not in our city. I decided to try his coffee and saw that he had unusual equipment for making coffee. When I started to get interested in him, he said in broken English that this coffee maker from this Australian brand, as well as a coffee grinder, as well as a coffee grinder. When I tried this coffee, I was shocked because it was the best coffee I have ever tasted. So I advise everyone!
Maddison.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 4140
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
February 6th, 2020 at 6:54:39 AM permalink
A good doner kebab is incredibly good.
A falling knife has no handle.
Carvillmon
Carvillmon
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 28, 2020
April 28th, 2020 at 1:09:21 PM permalink
This is difficult to answer, I’m from Venezuela and since I can remember I have a weakness for potatoes filled with meat, tenders and Mexican food in general. The stuffed potatoes because since my childhood I have always tasted them and it is like something traditional here in my country just like the tenders. As for Mexican food is because of burritos and tacos, they are very tasty and never leaves you a bad impression of Mexican food despite being a little spicy. Honestly, this post kills me because I couldn't pick just one haha
ben771williiams
ben771williiams
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 22
Joined: Nov 5, 2021
November 5th, 2021 at 2:03:14 AM permalink
I'll go over the simple blocks, these are from Burger King, they're great, especially the gravy there. I can't, when I go out, I will definitely get a burger, they are very tasty, if they were not also so unhealthy, I would eat them forever. I envy those who have tried them for the first time!
WigginsAr
WigginsAr
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 20, 2023
January 20th, 2023 at 8:14:36 AM permalink
I like craps.
  • Jump to: