Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
March 6th, 2019 at 10:06:56 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Did you watch the videos?

I only watched the one you posted, and was commenting with regards to it specifically.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 15th, 2019 at 11:24:06 AM permalink
This is real, no CGI in 1933. Must
have taken a week to film.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Marvello34
Marvello34
  • Threads: 0
March 30th, 2019 at 7:16:05 AM permalink
I also love YouTube as well. Great place to learn about unknown things.
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
March 30th, 2019 at 8:29:41 AM permalink
Slotlady is a new favorite.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
March 30th, 2019 at 9:42:34 AM permalink
aahigh.com
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 30th, 2019 at 10:31:42 AM permalink
I've been boycotting them since they refused to cover several events I alerted them to.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 30th, 2019 at 10:37:36 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been boycotting them since they refused to cover several events I alerted them to.

Why should they cover an event that some random user notifies them about?
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 30th, 2019 at 10:50:54 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been boycotting them

How do you 'alert' Youtube to anything.
It's a venue for independent users, it's
not a news service.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 18th, 2019 at 6:12:24 PM permalink
I'm trying to find those youtube video compilations where such as in the "I love turtles", they show the clips then they put the shades on the people. I can't find it anywhere. The shades are pixelated, in other words looking like they're 8 bit. Maybe they have been removed, no matter what I search, can't find them.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
June 20th, 2019 at 6:11:55 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I'm trying to find those youtube video compilations where such as in the "I love turtles", they show the clips then they put the shades on the people. I can't find it anywhere. The shades are pixelated, in other words looking like they're 8 bit. Maybe they have been removed, no matter what I search, can't find them.

Why did the horse drink from the water?

He was suicidal and the water was lead.
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 24th, 2019 at 5:29:40 PM permalink

There's a major flaw in their algos because it took them so long to recommend this to me.

I love food. I love slice of life history. I could watch these all day. If someone made a channel just recreating meals from different historical periods and places, they would make $1,000/week just off me individually.

There are episodes on what medieval brits ate as: peasants, knights, nobility and knight's vasals.

One of the coolest things about it is how many of the things are reversed. Back then, the darker and heartier your bread, the poorer you were. The rich basically ate wonder bread.

The meal of a peasant could be sold on The Strip for $50 today to satisfied customers.

They also have episodes on stuff like "what was it like to be an archer?"
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
September 1st, 2019 at 1:40:04 AM permalink
2 cool new channels.

This guy tells crazy stories from doing hard time, and talks a lot about what he learned.

A doctor and researcher talks about cool science stuff.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 12th, 2023 at 4:36:39 PM permalink
Good video of how a the Vegas strip got to the oligopoly it is now.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 5th, 2023 at 3:04:47 PM permalink
Anyone else noticing "ads" on YouTube that are far longer than the actual video itself? I had one 90 minutes long pop up twice today.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 5th, 2023 at 3:07:33 PM permalink
I keep hitting the Skip Ad button like every 5 minutes. It's like every 8 minutes on Daily Motion and those aren't skippable.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
December 5th, 2023 at 3:37:44 PM permalink

Anyone else noticing "ads" on YouTube that are far longer than the actual video itself? I had one 90 minutes long pop up twice today.
link to original post

Nope, never see ads on youtube. AdBlock is your friend.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 5th, 2023 at 3:41:49 PM permalink

link to original post

Remember the comic books when you were a kid and the last couple pages were always full of every crack pot and rip off piece of junk item or scheme you can imagine. That's YouTube today. I'm constantly looking up things that are advertised and the majority of them get major negative reviews as being total ripoffs. Like the toilet bowl cleaner that can take a toilet that's in the homeless section of San Francisco and hasn't been cleaned in 2 years and with one application it's Sparkling White. Total rip off. Are these supposed doctors with all these wild claims of cures and treatments, total scams. It's never ending the number of products that are just plain junk if you look them up. Apparently YouTube has no screening process whatsoever just pay them and you can advertise whatever the hell you want. When I saw last night was they're giving away free gold bars with a picture of a political candidate on them and you just pay the price of shipping. I looked it up and the gold bar is a gold-plated chunk of zinc it's worth about a buck and they charge $12.95 for shipping. It looks really nice because if you gold plate anything it looks really nice but it's a total ripoff.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 5th, 2023 at 4:02:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

Remember the comic books when you were a kid and the last couple pages were always full of every crack pot and rip off piece of junk item or scheme you can imagine. That's YouTube today. I'm constantly looking up things that are advertised and the majority of them get major negative reviews as being total ripoffs. Like the toilet bowl cleaner that can take a toilet that's in the homeless section of San Francisco and hasn't been cleaned in 2 years and with one application it's Sparkling White. Total rip off. Are these supposed doctors with all these wild claims of cures and treatments, total scams. It's never ending the number of products that are just plain junk if you look them up. Apparently YouTube has no screening process whatsoever just pay them and you can advertise whatever the hell you want. When I saw last night was they're giving away free gold bars with a picture of a political candidate on them and you just pay the price of shipping. I looked it up and the gold bar is a gold-plated chunk of zinc it's worth about a buck and they charge $12.95 for shipping. It looks really nice because if you gold plate anything it looks really nice but it's a total ripoff.
link to original post

I think it depends what it is as to if it is junk or not. I saw an ad for a thing that can trace the outline of something you need to cut around. Mostly for tile and flooring. Kind of thing guys buy to use and find an excuse to use. OTOH I am tired of the jean house and cat lady NJM ads.

WAIT A MINUTE????? Are you saying the X-Ray glasses did not work??
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
Gialmere
December 5th, 2023 at 6:02:56 PM permalink

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
vegas
vegas
December 6th, 2023 at 5:01:12 AM permalink
Quote: rainman

link to original post

link to original post

Youtube has went after those using Adblock at least in Canada. I was given notice that if I used Adblock I would no longer be able to watch videos on YouTube.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 6th, 2023 at 7:25:25 AM permalink
the same happened in the US. I wonder why it took them so long? I went years and years with adblock that worked like a charm

Usually, the "skip" option comes up right away, I'll give them credit for that
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rainman
rainman
December 6th, 2023 at 10:52:39 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

link to original post

link to original post

Youtube has went after those using Adblock at least in Canada. I was given notice that if I used Adblock I would no longer be able to watch videos on YouTube.
link to original post

About 30 days ago I got such a notice two different instances, both times I closed out the
browser cleared the cache and went back to business as usual haven't had an instance since.
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
December 6th, 2023 at 11:59:27 AM permalink

Quote: vegas

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

About 30 days ago I got such a notice two different instances, both times I closed out the
browser cleared the cache and went back to business as usual haven't had an instance since.
link to original post

rainman,

You are on their list... They'll be heading your way after they clean out the YouTube ad-skippers in Saskatchewan!

;-)

Dog Hand
rainman
rainman
December 6th, 2023 at 4:02:30 PM permalink
They can't get us all Mr. Hand. :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 12th, 2023 at 7:16:09 PM permalink
What do you guys think of my latest video?

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXPv1-vbJmc

My thanks to our own technics for the videography.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rainman
rainman
December 12th, 2023 at 11:20:44 PM permalink
Mathamagician?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2024 at 6:00:45 AM permalink
Past couple days I seem to be getting hooked on these police bodycam videos. So many seem to be entitled Karens who just escalate a situation. It makes one wonder about the general mental health out there.

Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
February 14th, 2024 at 9:25:12 AM permalink
Sovereign citizen videos are fun also. Dummies who think they need no drivers license or insurance or a need to register their vehicles
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 14th, 2024 at 12:48:27 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

Sovereign citizen videos are fun also. Dummies who think they need no drivers license or insurance or a need to register their vehicles
link to original post

Been watching more of the bodycam videos and it really kind of apes that part of "Goodfellas" where Liotta says people make themselves get caught. Any of us can get in a bad situation even by chance, but how you react matters.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
February 14th, 2024 at 5:24:10 PM permalink
An AP.

https://youtube.com/shorts/SKXJlPTP-7Q?si=N9ihj02XTeDyEn9A
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rainman
rainman
February 15th, 2024 at 1:23:47 AM permalink

Past couple days I seem to be getting hooked on these police bodycam videos. So many seem to be entitled Karens who just escalate a situation. It makes one wonder about the general mental health out there.

link to original post

Here's some bodycam for you AZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INg0TVAZW4E

Starts at 30:25
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 15th, 2024 at 7:35:56 AM permalink

link to original post

They use the laws of the United States to "prove" they aren't bound by the laws of the United States....LOL....
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
February 15th, 2024 at 12:11:20 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

link to original post

They use the laws of the United States to "prove" they aren't bound by the laws of the United States....LOL....
link to original post

Im not driving. Im traveling. Am i free to go.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
February 15th, 2024 at 12:17:35 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

They all follow the same script. I need your name and badge #. I need your supervisor. Etc
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 15th, 2024 at 12:49:35 PM permalink

Quote: jjjoooggg

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

They all follow the same script. I need your name and badge #. I need your supervisor. Etc
link to original post

Those are the Karens. Saw some on some of these videos. Sovereign citizens will more ask if they are being detained and what the purpose is for being asked things. To be fair, half the time they are in the right. As we accept "checkpoints" for things like DUI and seat belt wearing we are tearing off little pieces of the Constitution one by one. I personally do not have a problem with saying "no" to those things. Although I do concede some do act jerky about the whole thing.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
February 16th, 2024 at 12:05:39 AM permalink
Florida Deputy Resigns After Shootout With Acorn

Bad Cop Charged Driver w/DUI After He Blew 0.00

Video shows Seattle police arrest two teens for stealing car at gunpoint
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Feb 16, 2024
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 16th, 2024 at 5:07:24 PM permalink
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 18th, 2024 at 3:17:13 PM permalink
For some reason this one is particularly sad. She clearly has some sort of mental issue. It is like she is not even on the same plane as the cops who are acting nothing but professional. I will let someone here with more psych training speculate on that part. She does not appear under the influence of something, just mentally disturbed.

terapined
terapined
February 19th, 2024 at 9:15:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 28th, 2024 at 3:21:27 PM permalink
This one is equally informative and disturbing. Remember when the cops in Baltimore got charged with murder because a guy died in the paddy wagon? Well, this shows what some people are acting like when they get picked up.

Disturbing because she clearly has huge issues. I could joke and say "she will make some guy a nice ex wife one day" but this is far beyond that. For her sake I hope she was on something that made her this way. If this is herself acting up this girl is going to have a very hard life. Serious mental issues here.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 17th, 2024 at 3:33:46 PM permalink
This is one crazy woman. I feel for her boyfriend.

terapined
terapined
March 26th, 2024 at 5:02:21 PM permalink
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 27th, 2024 at 8:11:13 AM permalink
May the cards fall in your favor.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 27th, 2024 at 8:21:54 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

link to original post

What exactly should the dealer have done in that scenario? Isn't that the whole point of picking up the discards in order, is so they can "replay" the hand if there's a discrepancy?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 28th, 2024 at 12:49:58 PM permalink
Perhaps the most disturbing police bodycam video ever. The pixel on the car at the beginning is not for the license plate it is because there were body parts sticking in her grille.....

She got 14 years.

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
March 29th, 2024 at 1:39:23 AM permalink
Freaking out over a brake job. Watching mechanic's videos because I don't know cars and I can't read books like 50 years ago.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 29th, 2024 at 8:57:16 AM permalink
I just watched this interview with William Shatner, I don't know that I have ever seen a more lucid 93 year old.

At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 29th, 2024 at 9:39:34 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I just watched this interview with William Shatner, I don't know that I have ever seen a more lucid 93 year old.
link to original post

Here's Dick Van Dyke at 97.

And Mel Brooks at 96.

Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
April 2nd, 2024 at 12:48:36 PM permalink
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
terapined
terapined
April 6th, 2024 at 10:59:24 AM permalink
OMG
Wings of Pegasus just caught the Eagles lip synching live
WTF
These tix ain't cheap

• Jump to: