RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 23rd, 2018 at 8:52:45 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

For some reason I always thought af1 had some sort of fighter jets fly with it. Is that wrong?

Iím pretty sure AF1 is always accompanied by a crew of fighter jets.

Iíd say itís practically impossible to kill a modern day POTUS. (Not a thread, I bleed orange.) Presidential motorcade is kind of incredible if you look at all the security around it. Same with AF1, White House, and other stuff. No reason to think someone on the roof of a building with some sort of device is any threat to AF1.
# Свободный Натан
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 155
June 23rd, 2018 at 9:08:23 PM permalink
No one is impossible to kill.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 23rd, 2018 at 11:54:01 PM permalink
Trump didn't clear this trip with me, I am dissapoint. I don't think he even talked to the king of Las Vegas, the old Elvis at Ellis Island.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 155
June 24th, 2018 at 4:10:59 AM permalink
Not to worry. He will be back. The first of what should be many visits to the area.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 24th, 2018 at 8:05:49 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There are countermeasures, yes.

I'm not going to ask this conversation to stop, but I will say that several of the phrases already brought into discussion can trigger further scrutiny. This website is crawled for keywords. (I'm being vague on purpose: I'm not privy to their triggers, but was involved in Presidential movement for a couple decades.) So take some caution in what you say about this. And no threats, even as a joke, are welcome. Thanks.

This in the vein of "personal safety" or "forum safety"?

Ah, nevermind. I mean, feel free to answer, as it's probably something I should know, but anything further and I'm just gonna start taunting. Talm 'bout Thought Police on this, the Lord's Day, as if they knew about the SA-8 I made out of an old hot water heater, SOS pads and a mess of Hot Wheels track.

I'ma go build something before I get triggered any further. Don't need to be at large, sitting here, thinking of things

The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
June 24th, 2018 at 9:45:10 AM permalink
Face, I think it is related to both personal and forum safety.

For some time now NSA has, by report used a program which I believe is called Echelon to monitor and record every electronic communication on earth: yeah, every one.

It is done automatically, and the reams of recorded data are then run through a program which searches for key words or key phrases which, if detected, trigger the program to direct the recorded communication to a person to listen to and follow up on if necessary.

So yeah, not only is Big Brother watching us, he's been doing it for quite awhile.

The ostensible purpose of Echelon is to search for threats against the government, but it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to speculate how it could be used to impair our personal freedom (think "warrantless wiretap").
Last edited by: MrV on Jun 24, 2018
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
June 24th, 2018 at 9:52:46 AM permalink
Quote: face

This in the vein of "personal safety" or "forum safety"?

Both, but primarily personal. As well-said below.

Quote: MrV

Face, I think it is related to both personal and forum safety.

For some time now NSA has, by report used a program which I believe is called Echelon to monitor and record every electronic on earth: yeah, every one.

It is done automatically, and the reams of recorded data are then run through a program which searches for key words or key phrases which, if detected, trigger the program to direct the recorded communication to a person to listen to and follow up on if necessary.

So yeah, not only is Big Brother watching us, he's been doing it for quite awhile.

The ostensible purpose of Echelon is to search for threats against the government, but it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to speculate how it could be used to impair our personal freedom (think "warrantless wiretap").

Exactly, MrV, plus more. I don't know what's out in the public realm any more, vs. my briefings and procedures, but the reality is Big Brother has only gotten Bigger and Nosier and more punitive since I retired.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
June 24th, 2018 at 11:21:08 AM permalink
I'm not absolutely convinced these Net sifting spy technologies are working since they seem to miss a fair amount of crazies who go on shooting sprees.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
June 24th, 2018 at 1:13:44 PM permalink
I see. So it's just the same horses#$% that's been going on since the (un)Patriot Act. I was aware of that, which is why your warning caught my attention. Back before I used 13 paragraphs to convey precisely my ideas, I would just shotgun sentences, usually about erasing President Bush. Nothing like a plan or manifesto, just my typical quips like having him on my List of People to Kill. Never had a problem.

Your post sounded as if this had been vastly accelerated, or that forum hosts could be somehow drawn into something they had no part of. The latter I'm aware of happening when a situation starts to have real world effects or an actual act has been done, as we see nowadays with, say, Facebook before Congress. But it got me thinking that if I stated I wanted to take a 5lb mallet to that puckered anus Trump calls a mouth, that mayhap Zuga would be getting visits / correspondence he shouldn't have to deal with. And that wouldn't be cool, so figured I'd ask, what with my penchant for saying f#$%ed up things.

Whatever. If ain't no one visited me yet, reckon I won't ever be visited. I've mellowed quite a bit with age. Hell, my list only has about 5 people these days, and three of them are still Willis Carrier =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
June 24th, 2018 at 2:38:20 PM permalink
My secretary's significant other is a very conservative big mouth.

When Obama was in office he'd run his mouth about how he thought Obama should be ----ed (word not used to avoid a redflag for the government spy program).

He'd mouth off in public, for example while standing in a line.

Twice people made a complaint and twice the FBI contacted him about it.

He's still got a big mouth but now it's muzzled.
Last edited by: MrV on Jun 24, 2018
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: