Thread Rating:

GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
May 19th, 2018 at 7:05:15 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

While it would be cumbersome and impede traffic flow, several security stations with metal detectors at all school entrances would likely thwart murderous intent.

Some schools have many many entrances...Some schools are mostly outside..my K-5 school was outdoors..hallways were outside and they used mobiles for some of the classrooms.
GlenG
GlenG
May 19th, 2018 at 7:21:58 PM permalink
Deadpool 2 made $53.3m on Friday, making it the biggest R-Rated premiere of all time.

I saw it, thought it was fantastic.and is better at staying true to the comics as any MCU movie has ever done. Also, the end credits LOL
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 19th, 2018 at 7:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Some schools have many many entrances...Some schools are mostly outside..my K-5 school was outdoors..hallways were outside and they used mobiles for some of the classrooms.

This is the reason there is not a one-size-fits-all approach. The reality is the best approach is to make minimal changes because threat is so minimal. It is like after 9/11 when people wanted every little thing done. In the end the better approach was to profile travelers and do good, solid police work. It is why we now have the TSA pre-check. It gets the nonthreatening people out of the stream so others can be checked better. We still do not profile enough there, but at least they are not looking for knives in checked baggage anymore.

When the average student can go to school for over 500 years without an active shooter situation, there is no need to treat entering a school like entering a prison. Staff need to be trained for actual threats, not kids pointing fingers and yelling "BANG!" We could have more solid doors on classrooms to enable a lockdown if needed, though that leads to other problems.

IMHO, eventually an answer is public schools go to the charter school model. Kids get a stipend to attend a school of their choice. This would work wonders in getting the incompetent administration out of the loop alone.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
May 19th, 2018 at 7:38:58 PM permalink
In the News:

What was he thinking?
"What, me worry?"
GlenG
GlenG
May 19th, 2018 at 7:50:35 PM permalink