Poll

4 votes (40%)
6 votes (60%)

10 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 20th, 2017 at 8:06:40 PM permalink
Cleveland at Chicago this Sunday, will Cleveland win a game or will the perfect season and parade go on?

Chicago is a 6.5 favorite at home.
I am a robot.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 20th, 2017 at 9:34:48 PM permalink
Browns will go 0-16. Or at minimum 0-14 with 2 ties.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 21st, 2017 at 5:06:17 AM permalink
What is the worst record over a period of say 5 years in the modern era?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
December 21st, 2017 at 5:27:06 AM permalink
I heard a guy on Chicago radio say the other day every time the Bears are favorites at home this season,,we lost. The last game at home we were favorites we lost. Browns have been in 3 OT games this year I believe,so anything is possible. I personally am hoping for a Bears victory.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 22nd, 2017 at 1:07:57 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

What is the worst record over a period of say 5 years in the modern era?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4mcx9e/every_nfl_teams_worst_5_year_stretch_based_on_win

2013-4 wins
2014-7 wins
2015-3 wins
2016-1 win
2017-0 wins so far.

The 2007-2011 Rams had 15 wins out of 80 in a five year span, for 18.75%. The Browns need 1 win to not share their place. Having another really bad year or two ongoing, the Browns might break a record that will never be broken.

Quote:

Los Angeles Rams: 2007-2011: 19% 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 7-9, 2-14

I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
December 22nd, 2017 at 1:28:18 PM permalink
My Giants won 17 games over five years in the 1970s. I think Tampa Bay won 16 at one point.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 22nd, 2017 at 4:39:35 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4mcx9e/every_nfl_teams_worst_5_year_stretch_based_on_win

2013-4 wins
2014-7 wins
2015-3 wins
2016-1 win
2017-0 wins so far.

The 2007-2011 Rams had 15 wins out of 80 in a five year span, for 18.75%. The Browns need 1 win to not share their place. Having another really bad year or two ongoing, the Browns might break a record that will never be broken.

Dabba nabbala, I have been so tuned out of the NFL since 2012 I did not notice they have done this bad. I do know Browns fans that at least claim to have finally given up on caring. One thing to ask, is "parity" over in the NFL? That used to be their goal, have most of the teams enter week 15 at 7-7 so almost anyone had a shot. Now it really seems there are a class of haves and have nots.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 22nd, 2017 at 5:24:02 PM permalink

Dabba nabbala, I have been so tuned out of the NFL since 2012 I did not notice they have done this bad. I do know Browns fans that at least claim to have finally given up on caring. One thing to ask, is "parity" over in the NFL? That used to be their goal, have most of the teams enter week 15 at 7-7 so almost anyone had a shot. Now it really seems there are a class of haves and have nots.

I think the home field advantage for Cleveland really doesn't exist. Not only does Cleveland stink, the fans stink. Either they don't want to show or if they show, they're not involved in the gone, very quiet.

I am a Browns fan, but it's very casual. I'd rather watch another game, because it's hopeless and feel I'll learn more about the teams watching other games.The last time I purchased Browns merchandise, 30 years ago I think. I'll probably buy a Brady jersey before anything Browns, or a few other players that are impressive and not Steelers.
I am a robot.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 22nd, 2017 at 5:32:06 PM permalink

I think the home field advantage for Cleveland really doesn't exist. Not only does Cleveland stink, the fans stink. Either they don't want to show or if they show, they're not involved in the gone, very quiet.

When things are that bad, fans go quiet. You know I have quit watching, but it has to be getting like Cincinnati where Steeler fans overrun the place and make it an away game. Other teams too. I might guess. It is not to a decade level yet but IIRC the NFL hinted to the Brown family that they might move to take the team if the Bengals did not improve from being doormats and they put some money in things (Bengals were last team to get a website.)

Quote:

I am a Browns fan, but it's very casual. I'd rather watch another game, because it's hopeless and feel I'll learn more about the teams watching other games.The last time I purchased Browns merchandise, 30 years ago I think. I'll probably buy a Brady jersey before anything Browns, or a few other players that are impressive and not Steelers.

If I had known I would have given you one of the Steelers/Browns end-of-rivalry cans from 1995. I bought them hoping they would be worth something. So did half the city. I have been dumping my collectable beer cans as I am getting out of the fan business. I gave away several of those cans, ironically usually to Browns fans. Gave one to a gal I worked with, along with the most unusual of collectables, the card asking fans to behave so they could get a new NFL team. Planned on doing something with it, but a new Browns team made it less interesting. She framed it for her dad. He loved it.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
December 22nd, 2017 at 7:22:29 PM permalink
I vote poll option 3. Chicago wins, Browns cover. Browns have had shown some... reasonableness. But they definitely are "cursed" with bad luck this year.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
December 22nd, 2017 at 7:28:15 PM permalink
The most hilarious scenario is if they tie. I would love to bet $5 on that.
Wulfgar1224
Wulfgar1224
  • Threads: 8
December 22nd, 2017 at 7:38:19 PM permalink

I've been a loyal Browns fan since childhood back in the 80s. I think it is unfair to say the fans there stink. I can't imagine any fanbase that has gone through what we have the last 20 years would be energized to attend games at the end of the season especially a season this dreary. It is one thing to have a lousy football team like say the Colts this season. But, it is another to be so consistently horrific that people that don't even know football are aware of how lousy your team is. That is where they are now unfortunately. It will take many years of decent football to erase that stench.

As for the game this weekend, I can't see the Browns winning. Kizer is just too turnover prone that I just feel he'll make a critical mistake to help the Bears out. The Browns aren't good enough to overcome that kind of thing. I'm afraid they are destined for 0-16 unless Pittsburgh decides to rest all of their players the last week of the season.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 22nd, 2017 at 9:51:36 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

The most hilarious scenario is if they tie. I would love to bet $5 on that.

Coincidentally, the Chicago Bears have tied more games than any other team. Mostly before overtime was installed iirc. After 1974, I forget, probably because I never knew.

I don't really know how draft picks are assigned, but the Browns should be able to win without affecting getting the number one pick, but Chicago might jeopardize a top 5 pick with a win. Is the Chicago head coach almost definitely getting fired after the season, probably regardless of the win. So he might want to injure the Bears by winning and not want to lose.

A tie is unlikely in any game, the fact these teams aren't good might increase the odds, but probably by not that much.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 24th, 2017 at 11:48:50 AM permalink
I'm flipping around between 3 games today. So painful I come to the Kizer throwing an int in the end zone, then later seeing defensive offsides before snap which winds up a pick 6 that never happens. It was obvious he was offside before the snap, just painful to not get that play and points. I see no way the Browns can win now, Kizer probably has 8 ints left to throw.
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
December 24th, 2017 at 2:10:37 PM permalink
I had a big parlay on this game. I needed the bears to lose for my season total bet on them to win. I also needed the browns to lose so that RS would lose his winless team bet that I didn't make after he told me about it.

Chargers and saints wins were good for me though. Can't win em all.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 24th, 2017 at 4:22:56 PM permalink
*struts aimlessly like I knew what I was talking about*
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 24th, 2017 at 5:11:09 PM permalink
At this point I'm not looking to tout but I did bet the Bears -6.5 as soon as the line came out. If there's ever a time to not doubt there is a god, just look at the Browns. How can they be this cursed without divine intervention?

I saw Browns +15 next week @ PIT, might bet that actually.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 24th, 2017 at 5:41:40 PM permalink
Quote: RS

*struts aimlessly like I knew what I was talking about*

everyone lied in the poll that chose Cleveland.
I am a robot.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 24th, 2017 at 6:49:48 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I saw Browns +15 next week @ PIT, might bet that actually.

Steelers do awful in meaningless games so assuming that is a good line jump on it! Near meaningless, anyways.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 24th, 2017 at 7:46:07 PM permalink
Deshone Kizer is blind as a bat. He must close his eyes when he throws the ball.
I am a robot.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 24th, 2017 at 9:04:05 PM permalink

Steelers do awful in meaningless games so assuming that is a good line jump on it! Near meaningless, anyways.

I've done well betting against the Steelers this season. They keep it real close no matter if they are away or at home. Weird. Same for Seahawks but more likely at home then away.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 25th, 2017 at 4:17:48 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I've done well betting against the Steelers this season. They keep it real close no matter if they are away or at home. Weird. Same for Seahawks but more likely at home then away.

Steelers seem to have always been that way, hard to go wrong taking the points against them.
  • Jump to: