Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 46
November 6th, 2017 at 4:37:27 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

How do you know the guy was a "leftist antifa supporter"? No one is reporting that. They ARE saying he got a Bad Conduct Discharge from.the Air Force for assaulting his wife and child, and served 12 months confinement for it as well. It's unclear whether it was legal for him to own the firearms he had. But way too early to claim to know his political leanings.

No proof required. When a terrorist isnít a radical Muslim, the alt-right needs someone to blame to fit their narrative. Any group that is slightly left from center will due, because as you know, anyone who isnít a big fan of Trump wants to abolish 2A and forcibly take away all weapons from citizens.

If you donít like the real facts, why not just make some up? So many who want to be ďspoon fedĒ anything from the MSM move on to highly factual sources such as Breitbart and Alex Jones. Thereís a spoon for every narrative.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 21
November 6th, 2017 at 4:38:16 AM permalink
I did a search for "Texas shooter Together We Rise" and this is what it spit up:

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/148178840

Is this where MaxPen gets his drivel?
Eater of Worlds
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
November 6th, 2017 at 4:40:21 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

He was a member of Together We Rise on Facebook. .

ROTFL
You are afraid of a group helping foster children??????????
Wow Maxpen, everything scares you lol
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 154
November 6th, 2017 at 5:04:30 AM permalink
deleted out of recognition of hopelessness
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Nov 6, 2017
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 6th, 2017 at 5:19:34 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'm sure we can thank the pro-gun groups for the deaths of those 26 people since the laws made it easy for him to purchase the gun without being detected on a background check.

His dishonorable discharge should have produced a red flag on the background check. But I'm sure that's a feature not a bug of pro-gun rights.

NRA - helping make gun laws weaker and guns accessible to loons everywhere 24/7 365 days a year.

He had the gun illegally. He was denied purchase in Texas. Gun laws only prevent law abiding people from owning. Criminals always find a work around. Thank goodness for the armed plumber that took the guy out.
terapined
terapined
November 6th, 2017 at 5:35:15 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

He had the gun illegally. He was denied purchase in Texas. Gun laws only prevent law abiding people from owning. Criminals always find a work around. Thank goodness for the armed plumber that took the guy out.

No comment on together we rise?
Please explain why you brought up this peaceful group
LOL
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
Mooseton
November 6th, 2017 at 5:56:37 AM permalink
When I was in high school, we fostered almost 20 kids over 3 years. We were short-term, immediately receiving kids after they left their homes, so some very traumatized people coming in. All but one showed up with their clothes and things (if they had any) in garbage bags.

One kid had a sky-blue suitcase he could barely drag; he was about 5. It stands out in my mind because he WAS the only one with luggage.

It never occurred to me before how that small thing would have given them some dignity, and some grounding. I'm impressed about that charity existing.

Also recalling shopping at Salvation Army on the Big Island of Hawaii. The thing they had the most of? Thrown away suitcases. Huge pile of them. $5 each, even if they'd cost hundreds originally. Everything else was kind of expensive compared to Mainland prices, but almost free luggage. Lol...

Anyway, fostering is heartbreaking. Kids came in abused, confused, a couple almost feral. We hung in there through liars, thieves, and lots of squabbles, but what broke my parents' hearts was a kid named Jeff, who they grew so fond of they tried to adopt him. The state refused permission. They had to withdraw because they just couldn't take giving him up, didn't want to get attached again.

It had to be a weird situation for the kids, too. We had a huge house, everything people could need. The contrast to what they'd left had to be disorienting, maybe even embittering. I don't know if we did any good, but at least they were in a home, not a ward or institution, while waiting for permanent placement.

Just thinking out loud. Sorry for the sidebar - we now return you to your regularly scheduled sparring.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
November 6th, 2017 at 6:05:37 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

When I was in high school, we fostered almost 20 kids over 3 years. We were short-term, immediately receiving kids after they left their homes, so some very traumatized people coming in. All but one showed up with their clothes and things (if they had any) in garbage bags.

One kid had a sky-blue suitcase he could barely drag; he was about 5. It stands out in my mind because he WAS the only one with luggage.

It never occurred to me before how that small thing would have given them some dignity, and some grounding. I'm impressed about that charity existing.

Also recalling shopping at Salvation Army on the Big Island of Hawaii. The thing they had the most of? Thrown away suitcases. Huge pile of them. $5 each, even if they'd cost hundreds originally. Everything else was kind of expensive compared to Mainland prices, but almost free luggage. Lol...

Anyway, fostering is heartbreaking. Kids came in abused, confused, a couple almost feral. We hung in there through liars, thieves, and lots of squabbles, but what broke my parents' hearts was a kid named Jeff, who they grew so fond of they tried to adopt him. The state refused permission. They had to withdraw because they just couldn't take giving him up, didn't want to get attached again.

It had to be a weird situation for the kids, too. We had a huge house, everything people could need. The contrast to what they'd left had to be disorienting, maybe even embittering. I don't know if we did any good, but at least they were in a home, not a ward or institution, while waiting for permanent placement.

Just thinking out loud. Sorry for the sidebar - we now return you to your regularly scheduled sparring.

I agree
What a great group
Why Maxpen uses this group as a reason for the shooting is really bizarre
Been checking out the Together we rise website
What great people
What a great cause
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 21
Thanks for this post from:
prozema
November 6th, 2017 at 6:08:53 AM permalink
There is a TOGETHER WE RISE group on Facebook with about 5,000 followers. Looking at the posts, it doesn't meet the definition of a "leftist ANTIFA" group by any means. It's just standard liberal posts and memes.

Here is the group description, clearly written by a 12 year old. (The "meat" misspelling makes me cringe.)

Quote:

TOGETHER WE RISE ! This is a group that believes ALL should rise, not just 1%. I do not care what your race, color, religion, nationality , income etc is, ONLY that you NOT be a right wing extremist. People that SUPPORT TR**P do not meat the above standards of decency and civility. I know what old style Republicans were and the ones in congress today will not like it here. This group is great, join if you agree.
You WILL be welcomed warmly, make new friends . We have reached a point where there is NO turning back.

Eater of Worlds
terapined
terapined
November 6th, 2017 at 6:15:05 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

There is a TOGETHER WE RISE group on Facebook with about 5,000 followers. Looking at the posts, it doesn't meet the definition of a "leftist ANTIFA" group by any means. It's just standard liberal posts and memes.

Here is the group description, clearly written by a 12 year old. (The "meat" misspelling makes me cringe.)

Looks like they do wonderful work
Just donated 25 bucks
Maybe Maxpen can shed light on why he blames this group for the killings in TX
Really bizarre
Cmon Max, give us a clue

• Jump to: