Thread Rating:

ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:05:43 AM permalink
If he's not dead already wait till the first anti Trump revelation wikileaks makes. "Mad Dog" will send a battalion of Marines in after him. Who cares abour Diplomatic Privilege?
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 129
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:17:46 AM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

If he's not dead already wait till the first anti Trump revelation wikileaks makes. "Mad Dog" will send a battalion of Marines in after him. Who cares abour Diplomatic Privilege?

They say it is already compromised and under someone's (CIA's?) control. There's already a path of dead people. A few weeks ago it was in all the "regular" news. Now not so much.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:20:52 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Links?

Ams, respectfully, I think you could find them faster than I could post them.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:31:48 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Ams, respectfully, I think you could find them faster than I could post them.

I probably could, but I'm curious as to which specific articles you were referring to.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
December 2nd, 2016 at 10:17:17 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Quote: DrawingDead

Wikipedia: Schrödinger's cat

I clicked it, but I got lost. Poor kitty.

Nah, don't be sorry. Because...

Quote:

According to Schrödinger, the Copenhagen interpretation implies that the cat remains both alive and dead until the state is observed.

So by getting lost, you may have saved an innocent kitty cat. Or, I guess, maybe an Assange.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
December 2nd, 2016 at 10:30:34 AM permalink
I was mistaken. The cat is Agent 19. Julian is a dupe.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:49:01 PM permalink
BREAKING: Dec 2, 2016

"The United Kingdom and Sweden must end the detention of Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, a United Nations panel has ruled. Not only must both governments allow him to walk from his asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in London, but they must respect his right to free movement and liberty and even provide him with monetary compensation for the past few years."

"The UN panel initially ruled that Assange was arbitrarily detained earlier this year, but the UK government appealed it. Having now confirmed its decision, the United Nations will expect the British government to allow Assange to walk free, without fear of arrest. It will also expect Sweden to drop the charges against him."

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
December 2nd, 2016 at 10:08:52 PM permalink
A non- binding panel can't rule anything. They can strongly suggest and Britan can strongly reject the suggestion.
Status quo.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
December 2nd, 2016 at 11:11:40 PM permalink
WGAS about what the UN says anymore?
"What, me worry?"
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanks for this post from:
LuckyPhow
December 3rd, 2016 at 3:17:31 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

WGAS about what the UN says anymore?

Nobody should, and I am very much against the UN. The UN is very much against the United States. We need to quit funding it and kick it out of this country. If they want to have a UN, ship it to Havana. It will look nice there.

On the other hand, I don't like the direction our own country is heading. We're slowly turning into a police state. As we police the world. Too much government, and too many foreign entanglements.

Julian Assange is a liberal. I'm not. But I like him anyway. He doesn't seem to be a partisan liberal, more like a conscientious liberal who wants to expose TRUTH. It takes real guts to do what he's done.

• Jump to: