onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 193
September 25th, 2016 at 4:21:56 AM permalink
You wonder seeing all those off-color windows in Bally's in Atlantic City, but you know breaking those windows didn't solve their problems.

http://vitalvegas.com/insider-secrets-really-really-dont-want-know-las-vegas/
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1247
September 25th, 2016 at 7:00:28 AM permalink
I wrote about this before but I was at the LV Hilton once when a woman collapsed from the chair she was playing slots in about 20 feet from me. A good Samaritan tried to help her up, and when she didn't move, attempted CPR but it was pretty clear the woman had died playing quite a while ago, I'd estimate about an hour, and eventually the body just fell over. Anyway, I get the feeling the staff had seen the situation before as they put her on a stretcher in no time, and wheeled her out to the front door. An ambulance came surprisingly quickly too. It was as if it all happened every day and they knew exactly what to do. I have to give them credit.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 25th, 2016 at 7:07:01 AM permalink
Did anyone think to check for credits left on the machine?

Before or after the CPR attempt ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
September 25th, 2016 at 7:14:25 AM permalink
I don't believe that 120 tourists were murdered in Las Vegas in 2014. I think they are playing games with their statistics.

I also find it hard to believe that most of the dead bodies found in rooms are relocated to public areas so they don't lose room revenue.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 25th, 2016 at 8:03:52 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I don't believe that 120 tourists were murdered in Las Vegas in 2014. I think they are playing games with their statistics.

I also find it hard to believe that most of the dead bodies found in rooms are relocated to public areas so they don't lose room revenue.

You're likely correct about the quarantine, moving bodies aspect. Read all the comments and that assertion was never really well defended nor proven. No idea about how many deaths, murders, suicides there are or where the numbers come from. There are a lot of people in the city staying in rooms, enough to have some certainty of everything happening at some rate once you get millions of people.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 25th, 2016 at 8:04:37 AM permalink

I suspect so also.
Easier to have the morgue remove the body straight from the room, and modify only the paperwork with a cash payment. Unlikely that a property would have employees run around with a corpse when pen and ink would do.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 105
September 25th, 2016 at 9:59:40 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Did anyone think to check for credits left on the machine?

lol you are incorrigible.
"...The Queen of Warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long..."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1247
September 25th, 2016 at 11:30:21 AM permalink

I found that hard to believe too. If the death was obviously by natural causes, maybe. However, it was a possible homicide, then the body shouldn't be touched until a detective gets there.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
September 25th, 2016 at 12:00:18 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I wrote about this before but I was at the LV Hilton once when a woman collapsed from the chair she was playing slots in about 20 feet from me. A good Samaritan tried to help her up, and when she didn't move, attempted CPR but it was pretty clear the woman had died playing quite a while ago, I'd estimate about an hour, and eventually the body just fell over. Anyway, I get the feeling the staff had seen the situation before as they put her on a stretcher in no time, and wheeled her out to the front door. An ambulance came surprisingly quickly too. It was as if it all happened every day and they knew exactly what to do. I have to give them credit.

We saw that happen at Horseshoe Hammond. Folks cleared away a bit, the authorities arrived and handled everything, a couple shaken friends/family members followed out, and about 5 minutes later someone else was playing the machine, none the wiser.
NO KILL I
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 25th, 2016 at 12:22:55 PM permalink
They would probably need a death certificate before moving a body. I'm troubled to think some of the suicides convinced themselves their death would change the industry somehow, but they don't know nobody is ever going to know because it will be covered up with no press. If only they knew this, maybe some would just grin and bear being broke and bankrupt, then rebuild and survive.

Tibetans set themselves on fire to prove a point. It is called self-immolation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation_protests_by_Tibetans_in_China

• Jump to: