No votes (0%)
3 votes (100%)

3 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 17th, 2010 at 3:40:15 PM permalink
******* PLEASE READ THE REASONING BEFORE VOTING ***********

To get the borad away from political discussions at least for now.......................

It has happened to most people, espically if they have kids. (Or if you were a kid and had parents...)

You have somehting special come up and it is on a certain date. Not knowing the date might be special you announce, "Hey, I have 'x' coming up on <insert day> so save the date."

The reply comes back, "Well, that is when I usually do 'y' but I will cancel it for you."

Whenever this kind of thing would happen, I always felt bad. It wasn't some kind of reverse-attention-getter answer (think a woman saying to her man, "if you wnat to go, go" when she wants him to not go.) I always felt bad because I never wanted to put anybody out for something big but not a matter of life and death.

The problem comes in when the other person thought they were being nice but not appriciated since their big thing was not as big as I might have felt it was. They felt almost unapriciated.

So, assuming it is not life and death vs. once in a lifetime, do you feel better about yourself or do you feel guilty when a person gives up their maybe once-a-year improtant event for yours?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: