Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 22nd, 2015 at 6:37:35 AM permalink
Well yours truly was made part of the Regional Major Incident Response Team" the other day. I attended the Federal Highway DOT 'Traffic Incident Management' (TIM) certification course and also became part of a proactive response team primary responder [funded by your tax paying dollars--so be sure to pay those irs and state taxes owed :)!] that will protect public and private sector responders on our interstate's, 4 and 2 land state highways and any other local road that has a incident where emergency workers put themselves at risk.

It was interesting to note, the Feds now have a new official classification along with driving 'impaired, drugged, drunk or distracted' it is officially entitled and labeled "JUST PLAIN STUPID"! Since there is no fixing stupid and stupid kills people out on the highways, those people now have their very own designation. Lots of you will say I made all this up, please refer to the pictures I included from the certification course the other day.

We will now block all lanes involved +1 or +2. As well private sector responders can coordinate with the DOT for complete road closure. The priority as of March 1st, has shifted from quick clearance and leaving the road open to Responder and Scene Safety as its number 1 priority.

So, congrats to the many many hundreds of thousands if nor millions and millions of motorists who are not drunk, drugged, or driving distracted. You are official now recognized.

6 pics included-click on the following:
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah247/glenbac08/IMG_0241_zpshzm6ttvt.jpg
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:12:28 AM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

Well yours truly was made part of the Regional Major Incident Response Team" the other day. I attended the Federal Highway DOT 'Traffic Incident Management' (TIM) certification course and also became part of a proactive response team primary responder [funded by your tax paying dollars--so be sure to pay those irs and state taxes owed :)!] that will protect public and private sector responders on our interstate's, 4 and 2 land state highways and any other local road that has a incident where emergency workers put themselves at risk.

It was interesting to note, the Feds now have a new official classification along with driving 'impaired, drugged, drunk or distracted' it is officially entitled and labeled "JUST PLAIN STUPID"! Since there is no fixing stupid and stupid kills people out on the highways, those people now have their very own designation. Lots of you will say I made all this up, please refer to the pictures I included from the certification course the other day.

We will now block all lanes involved +1 or +2. As well private sector responders can coordinate with the DOT for complete road closure. The priority as of March 1st, has shifted from quick clearance and leaving the road open to Responder and Scene Safety as its number 1 priority.

So, congrats to the many many hundreds of thousands if nor millions and millions of motorists who are not drunk, drugged, or driving distracted. You are official now recognized.

Here is the full document:

http://aztransportationboard.gov/downloads/presentations/2015-012715-DPS-Handout.pdf

From what I can tell, the time stamp on the document in 10/31/2013 (lower left corner).

I couldn't find "Just plain stupid" in the document anywhere. "Stupid" refers to someone's mental capacity overall, as in "intellectually insufficient." Dumb is when, for example, a driver tries to pass another vehicle on a two-lane road around a curve and has a head-on crash. Dumb also refers to aggressive drivers and road-rage type of stuff. There is a lot of stuff that is dumb. I do dumb stuff all the time when I drive, like cut in front of other drivers on an off/on ramp with a long queue.

I couldn't find the federal classification and definition of "dumb" driving and would appreciate a reference.
Poetry website: www.totallydisconnected.com
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:22:22 AM permalink
Quote: teliot

Here is the full document:

You are looking at one for Arizona. But that was the 2013 revision. THE one we used was a 2014. EACH state has to implement if they want FEDERAL Highway y Funds and grants, etc.

BUT seriously, all the newest stats are the dumb ones plowing into the scenes as well as the other people (Like you, assume a smart cautious driver) but a dumb person not drugged or drunk doing 75mph not looking and texting or reading his email and then looks up and you are nearly stopped=new crash site.

BTW, things take 1 or2 years to be implanted, it is all over funds and i will sure as hell get mine. Rule of the thumb with DOT, FEDS and anything highway related, forget about the current year and the next one. Implementation takes time.

IN most stated this is all just coming about. thanks.

http://aztransportationboard.gov/downloads/presentations/2015-012715-DPS-Handout.pdf

From what I can tell, the time stamp on the document in 10/31/2013 (lower left corner).

I couldn't find "Just plain stupid" in the document anywhere.

Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:25:38 AM permalink
So it says "dumb" and not "stupid" in the handout...in this context, aren't they essentially the same thing?

stupid=lacking intelligence or common sense

dumb=lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:27:46 AM permalink
The link shows a photo of a book or manual that has a heading that reads D-Drivers. D for drunk, drugged, drowsy, distracted or just plain dumb. One of these letters is not like the others. Hint: everything starts with the letter D. I don't see a Federal agency having stupid as an official classification. Got to pay attention in those important classes.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:30:03 AM permalink
First of all, please fix your quote in the previous. It's all messed up.

You are looking at one for Arizona. But that was the 2013 revision. THE one we used was a 2014. EACH state has to implement if they want FEDERAL Highway y Funds and grants, etc.

I claim these documents are the same. You can see that the layout of the two documents is identical, at least in the part of the document in your image. It would be extraordinarily difficult to create identical layouts over the given region and not have identical content throughout (at least the first page). This course was created and delivered by an outside contractor who would have little incentive to redo a seminar already approved. There is no mention of Arizona on the document.
Poetry website: www.totallydisconnected.com
RonC
RonC
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:31:50 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

The link shows a photo of a book or manual that has a heading that reads D-Drivers. D for drunk, drugged, drowsy, distracted or just plain dumb. One of these letters is not like the others. Hint: everything starts with the letter D. I don't see a Federal agency having stupid as an official classification. Got to pay attention in those important classes.

I don't see them having "dumb" as an official classification, either. Someone is bound to be insulted by that and I am sure it will need to be toned down.

The OP should have used "dumb" instead of "stupid" to be 100% accurate but maybe his editorial position on the issue is to use the stronger word. Who knows, but they mean about the same thing in reality when it comes to driving. If you don't do stupid or dumb stuff when you drive, things go better. The problem is that almost all of us do them at least once in a while...
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:31:53 AM permalink
Okay, let me call the head of the multi state program for the state troopers and the DOT rep and tell them they should not have wrote on the chalk board "Dumb, Stupid, Insane, Incapable, Ignorant". When you are texting and eating on the interstate and plow into emergency workers, I will call you to find out what terminology to put in the reports. Whatever. Stupid and an Asshole that should being jail is what I (and all the other responders) label it, so do fire fighters, police, haz mat, wrecker operators and DOT highway workers.

The TIM/ECO document is the feds and assume they want to be politically correct in printing it. Everyone teaching the class had no problem saying it. Okay.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 179
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:32:45 AM permalink
Smart people do dumb things. stupid people do dumb things a lot.

It's a nuance, and not really relevant; I think the OP makes his point using stupid and dumb interchangeably.
NO KILL I
RonC
RonC
March 22nd, 2015 at 7:33:58 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Smart people do dumb things. stupid people do dumb things a lot.

It's a nuance, and not really relevant; I think the OP makes his point using stupid and dumb interchangeably.

Very well said...

• Jump to: