Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 4th, 2015 at 4:34:57 AM permalink
Well, another co-worker and valued employee was killed last night. Again, past away while crying about his kids in my arms waiting on Life flight. Damn paramedics refused to transport due to icing conditions on the interstate and the 60 mile ride to a Level 1 Trauma Center. I almost put him in my SUV and transported myself. When Life flight landed on the highway, he just past away. They tried to defibrillate him but no response. I went to smack the paramedic and the trooper pulled me away.

It's not the chemicals, the heavy wreckers, the equipment or the weather. It's the crap-for-brains motorists texting and talking on their phones. If its not that it is just plain having no brains and driving way too fast for conditions, but gotta go, gotta go, I can handle my vehicle on ice doing 50mph or greater, sure dumb ass. When the trooper put the handcuffs on the motorist after pulling him out of his vehicle, maybe he will realize what he did?? Probably not. Hit a highway emergency worker and it is a felony, it was murder plain and simple. The flagger saw this guy enter the work zone at a high rate of speed and playing with his phone. The state trooper did take his phone as evidence and I am sure they will run the numbers on it and find out.

I want out of this thing soon. Maybe I will do a custom wheel and tire shop or an adult business once again. Whatever, I am tired of employees dying in my arms.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 4th, 2015 at 4:48:49 AM permalink
wow, you may be right, what you are going through is too much to take
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 4th, 2015 at 5:55:22 AM permalink
WOW my condolences - very sad
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 6:16:51 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

WOW my condolences - very sad

Thanks, about 20 mins after you called I went out. I was actually making notes for the April Vegas trip as I was on the way to the site. Life is short.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 4th, 2015 at 6:25:36 AM permalink
I don't know what you do, but it sounds like road construction. I have often wondered the wisdom of doing construction during the overnight hours. Yes, it has less impact on traffic, but you are working in poorer driving conditions from a visibility standpoint, you are more likely to have an intoxicated driver during those hours, and particularly in winter, whatever melting agent you use tends to be less effective in the overnight hours as whatever moisture remains on the road tends to glaze over.

I am not disparaging your co-workers death, but I think incidents like this raise the wisdom of these decisions.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 6:28:08 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I don't know what you do, but it sounds like road construction. I have often wondered the wisdom of doing construction during the overnight hours. Yes, it has less impact on traffic, but you are working in poorer driving conditions from a visibility standpoint, you are more likely to have an intoxicated driver during those hours, and particularly in winter, whatever melting agent you use tends to be less effective in the overnight hours as whatever moisture remains on the road tends to glaze over.

I am not disparaging your co-workers death, but I think incidents like this raise the wisdom of these decisions.

Not construction.

Emergency response.

Trucking and transportation related haz mat spill clean up and heavy wrecker work, ie; tractor trailer accidents.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 4th, 2015 at 6:34:44 AM permalink
Ah. okay. I understand. I am sure in that profession you routinely have to put people in harms way in some very undesirable conditions. It has to be a tough job because you deal with a lot of tragedy. God bless.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
March 4th, 2015 at 6:44:17 AM permalink
Damn that is hard to read. I'm sorry
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
March 4th, 2015 at 6:44:50 AM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

Well, another co-worker and valued employee was killed last night. Again, past away while crying about his kids in my arms waiting on Life flight. Damn paramedics refused to transport due to icing conditions on the interstate and the 60 mile ride to a Level 1 Trauma Center. I almost put him in my SUV and transported myself. When Life flight landed on the highway, he just past away. They tried to defibrillate him but no response. I went to smack the paramedic and the trooper pulled me away.

It's not the chemicals, the heavy wreckers, the equipment or the weather. It's the crap-for-brains motorists texting and talking on their phones. If its not that it is just plain having no brains and driving way too fast for conditions, but gotta go, gotta go, I can handle my vehicle on ice doing 50mph or greater, sure dumb ass. When the trooper put the handcuffs on the motorist after pulling him out of his vehicle, maybe he will realize what he did?? Probably not. Hit a highway emergency worker and it is a felony, it was murder plain and simple. The flagger saw this guy enter the work zone at a high rate of speed and playing with his phone. The state trooper did take his phone as evidence and I am sure they will run the numbers on it and find out.

I want out of this thing soon. Maybe I will do a custom wheel and tire shop or an adult business once again. Whatever, I am tired of employees dying in my arms.

Forget about the murders and raped children, I'd like to know how many THOUSANDS of Americans are dead because the ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America, the illegal aliens turned "dreamers".
Keep enjoying that hope and change suckers.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 4th, 2015 at 6:49:05 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

the ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America, the illegal aliens turned "dreamers".

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those clueless 80 year old asian women are here legally...:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
March 4th, 2015 at 6:54:11 AM permalink
Here the dangerous spot is the front lobby of the beauty shop where the 80 year white women decides to use it as a drive thru.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 4th, 2015 at 7:25:00 AM permalink
Very sad.

I wonder, are flares still lit and placed on the roadway before setting up the tow, or do workers just rely on the flashing light on their vehicle?

The brightness of a burning, flashing flare might be enough to catch the eye of an inattentive driver, at least long enough to make him look and see the danger.
"What, me worry?"
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 7:30:44 AM permalink
2 troopers and DOT vehicles are commonly there. In this case a full work zone. Warning vehicles with strobes/led's, flashing arrow board, 100 cones, at least 8 warning signs (large reflective pink or orange background with different warning, accident ahead, emergency scene ahead, merge, slow down state law, etc.) and other traffic control devices. Vehicle came in the work zone and ran over the employee when his vehicle went out of control. No doubt in my mind and law enforcement's that, if he was under the speed limit and paying attention this would have been avoided. Hundreds of other vehicles pass with no problems.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 4th, 2015 at 7:45:21 AM permalink

ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America.

You a republican? Thats the ruling party :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 4th, 2015 at 7:47:44 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those clueless 80 year old asian women are here legally...:-)

Asians are some of the brightest people on the planet until you put them behind the wheel of a car. I wonder what exactly it is that happens to them.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 4th, 2015 at 7:59:24 AM permalink

Asians are some of the brightest people on the planet until you put them behind the wheel of a car. I wonder what exactly it is that happens to them.

I'm asian, I drive, take my time and stay off the cell.
No accidents in the last 20 years.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 8:02:10 AM permalink
If it means anything, out of all the drivers I ever had problems with on the highway at scenes; regarding unsafe driving, endangering a highway worker, and anything related, it has always been a white American know-it-all. And there has been many over the years.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 4th, 2015 at 8:07:00 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm asian, I drive, take my time and stay off the cell.
No accidents in the last 20 years.

Generalization don't necessarily apply to everyone, but just because you haven't been in an accident in 20 years, it doesn't make you a good driver. I have been in cars with people who haven't gotten tickets in 20 years and were absolutely scared for my life.

And personally, I don't care if you are offended. If I make a joke about any ethnic group that I don't feel comfortable telling them to their face, then it isn't a joke I should be telling. It's an innocent enough joke. Thicken your skin
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 4th, 2015 at 8:19:51 AM permalink

2 troopers and DOT vehicles are commonly there. In this case a full work zone. Warning vehicles with strobes/led's, flashing arrow board, 100 cones, at least 8 warning signs (large reflective pink or orange background with different warning, accident ahead, emergency scene ahead, merge, slow down state law, etc.) and other traffic control devices. Vehicle came in the work zone and ran over the employee when his vehicle went out of control. No doubt in my mind and law enforcement's that, if he was under the speed limit and paying attention this would have been avoided. Hundreds of other vehicles pass with no problems.

My condolences. What town/city was that?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 8:22:02 AM permalink
Rather not say, when it is all done I will post the results.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 4th, 2015 at 8:36:47 AM permalink

Generalization don't necessarily apply to everyone, but just because you haven't been in an accident in 20 years, it doesn't make you a good driver. I have been in cars with people who haven't gotten tickets in 20 years and were absolutely scared for my life.

No accidents for 17 years here and I wouldn't call myself a great driver at all. And I hate driving in new environments. But I try not to do anything stupid like use the phone while driving. Most drivers that drive like crap aren't drunk now, they're playing with their phone. And of course I'm using my phone to post this right now...lol

Sorry for your loss baccarat.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 4th, 2015 at 8:55:09 AM permalink
Wow, I'm really sorry you had to deal with this situation. I'm sure in your position you have encounters with terrible/distracted drivers a lot more frequently and can really see the dangers more first hand. I'm sorry for your loss =(.

Forget about the murders and raped children, I'd like to know how many THOUSANDS of Americans are dead because the ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America, the illegal aliens turned "dreamers".
Keep enjoying that hope and change suckers.

Don't try to hijack the thread in to something it's not.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 4th, 2015 at 10:04:39 AM permalink
bacc79;

That's incredibly sad and anger-inducing; my condolences to you and the family of your co-worker. It almost should be a PSA or meme, what you wrote, with graphic pictures to drive the point home. I hope the guy gets everything he deserves for such negligence. A cousin of the clown you wrote about in the other thread in the $80K truck passing you then upside down in the median a mile later.

bobsims;

Gross and inappropriate hijacking of a thread with your personal political agenda re: rule 7. Warning this time.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 10:16:38 AM permalink
I see it all the time, the interstates are full of it. Sad part of this as well as many other events are sheer stupidity, negligence and 100% avoidable is an ounce of common sense was employed. Thanks for the thoughts.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 4th, 2015 at 11:53:11 AM permalink
I almost ran into a car in front of me recently on Las Vegas Blvd. I wasn't on my phone and I really have no idea what distracted me but when I looked up the car ahead of me was almost stopped. I locked up my brakes and was pretty sure I was going to hit the car. Fortunately I stopped about a foot short. Unfortunately, the guy behind me didn't stop in time and rear ended me. What scares me is that I have no idea if I just zoned out, was playing with the radio, or staring at a woman on the street. That was the first time that had ever happened to me and hopefully the last.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 4th, 2015 at 1:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I almost ran into a car in front of me recently on Las Vegas Blvd. I wasn't on my phone and I really have no idea what distracted me but when I looked up the car ahead of me was almost stopped. I locked up my brakes and was pretty sure I was going to hit the car. Fortunately I stopped about a foot short. Unfortunately, the guy behind me didn't stop in time and rear ended me. What scares me is that I have no idea if I just zoned out, was playing with the radio, or staring at a woman on the street. That was the first time that had ever happened to me and hopefully the last.

You really only spend about 10% of your time behind the wheel actually engaged in the activity. I guarantee everyone here has driven somewhere and won't be able to remember certain parts of the trip. If you've ever driven in heavy fast traffic or in a snowstorm, you can tell why. In those cases, you have 95% concentration, and it is bloody exhausting. We're just not made to focus on that much for that long.

That, of course, doesn't excuse this. I ain't never been by a crash scene that wasn't lit up like an X fueled rave. One trooper alone is damn near enough to send me into an epileptic seizure; add the flares, signs, flagman...

Give 'em a brake.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 4th, 2015 at 1:36:51 PM permalink
You many have hit on something here. Lights on police cars these days are extremely bright. They are almost so bright that they are intended to disorient people. I don't have any scientific data on it, but driving by an accident scene or merely a motorist pulled over by an officer, my eyes are definitely strained by those lights.
pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
March 4th, 2015 at 1:56:14 PM permalink
Quote: Face

You really only spend about 10% of your time behind the wheel actually engaged in the activity. I guarantee everyone here has driven somewhere and won't be able to remember certain parts of the trip. If you've ever driven in heavy fast traffic or in a snowstorm, you can tell why. In those cases, you have 95% concentration, and it is bloody exhausting. We're just not made to focus on that much for that long.

That, of course, doesn't excuse this. I ain't never been by a crash scene that wasn't lit up like an X fueled rave. One trooper alone is damn near enough to send me into an epileptic seizure; add the flares, signs, flagman...

Give 'em a brake.

That's why I don't use my cell while driving even though my phone is for making money. Right now though I have to pay 100% attention to my driving to look for potholes. Half the folks on this board know what I'm talking about, the other half has no clue! I love New England in the winter and I love the roads out west.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
March 4th, 2015 at 3:19:10 PM permalink

And personally, I don't care if you are offended. If I make a joke about any ethnic group that I don't feel comfortable telling them to their face, then it isn't a joke I should be telling. It's an innocent enough joke. Thicken your skin

Nevermind.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 4th, 2015 at 3:22:28 PM permalink
Quote: pew

That's why I don't use my cell while driving even though my phone is for making money. Right now though I have to pay 100% attention to my driving to look for potholes. Half the folks on this board know what I'm talking about, the other half has no clue! I love New England in the winter and I love the roads out west.

yesterday during our snow storm a car in front of me swerved to avoid a pothole and spun out into a ditch.

Face, you are 100% right. I can't tell you how many times I have driven half way home then had no memory of the drive.

I have never in my life been involved in an accident so I have no idea what that is like, hopefully that streak continues for a long time.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 4th, 2015 at 3:40:07 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I have never in my life been involved in an accident so I have no idea what that is like, hopefully that streak continues for a long time.

My wife has never had an accident, but
she's such a bad driver I refuse to ride
with her. She accelerates too fast and
waits till the last minute to brake. If
somebody pisses her off, she gets furious
and uses the car like a weapon. She
takes the ramps on the freeway way too
fast and rides too close to the cars in
front of her on the highway. Oddly, she
doesn't speed.

I dare not mention any of this, so I just
never ride with her.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 4th, 2015 at 4:36:33 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

It's not enjoyable, at least not usually. As a youth, most weren't too bad. You just spun and spun, bouncing off of snowbanks until you finally saved it or put it in a ditch. A 17yr old isn't really all that upset with digging out using only a snow brush and ice scraper, mostly he's just trying to figure out how to explain to mom why the car no longer has a muffler.

But as an adult, not enjoyable at all. Even the little stuff is a PITA. Whether it's having to spend money you don't have or deal with digging out in slacks and dress shoes, or dealing with 5-0 and getting cited for inane infractions, it's all for the birds. The bad ones, those leave their mark. I remember experiencing full adrenaline dumps for the most innocent stuff after one of my bad ones. Something as simple as a pothole put me in full fight or flight mode, as if I just barely missed a fatal accident. And I remember the mental struggle in dealing with hurting people. I couldn't imagine the struggle had I killed one.

I don't even have patience for it on the track. First it hurts, then you know instantly that you're going to be wrenching all week long. Pah.

I know it's hard giving 100% attention all the time. I'd even say it's completely impossible. But if ever you're going to give attention, do it when those who work the roads are present. Guys like Bac79 and his crew, DoT guys, stranded truck drivers, tow truck guys, 5-0 on traffic stops... slow down and move over a lane. There is zero excuse not to.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 5:14:01 PM permalink
Quote: Face

It's not enjoyable, at least not usually. As a youth, most weren't too bad. You just spun and spun, bouncing off of snowbanks until you finally saved it or put it in a ditch. A 17yr old isn't really all that upset with digging out using only a snow brush and ice scraper, mostly he's just trying to figure out how to explain to mom why the car no longer has a muffler.

But as an adult, not enjoyable at all. Even the little stuff is a PITA. Whether it's having to spend money you don't have or deal with digging out in slacks and dress shoes, or dealing with 5-0 and getting cited for inane infractions, it's all for the birds. The bad ones, those leave their mark. I remember experiencing full adrenaline dumps for the most innocent stuff after one of my bad ones. Something as simple as a pothole put me in full fight or flight mode, as if I just barely missed a fatal accident. And I remember the mental struggle in dealing with hurting people. I couldn't imagine the struggle had I killed one.

I don't even have patience for it on the track. First it hurts, then you know instantly that you're going to be wrenching all week long. Pah.

I know it's hard giving 100% attention all the time. I'd even say it's completely impossible. But if ever you're going to give attention, do it when those who work the roads are present. Guys like Bac79 and his crew, DoT guys, stranded truck drivers, tow truck guys, 5-0 on traffic stops... slow down and move over a lane. There is zero excuse not to.

Serious guys, thanks. All kidding aside. I did 13 or so years running a wrecker service up on the high line, on I-94 and I could tell you many stories. One comes to mind where the fire department and rescue squad (multiple ones at that) were useless with a semi tractor trailer on top of an automobile with a family pinned inside. They had serious injuries and the FD was on an ego trip and would not allow me to lift the tractor trailer up and off the family, they said it was too dangerous and they could do it themselves. Well, after about 20 frantic minuets or more the FD Captain asks me what I had in mind. I told him to step aside and let me do what I could. In the meantime another vehicle recklessly crashes into the scene wand further complicates matters. Icy and foggy conditions, near zero visibility but plenty of emergency vehicles and warning devices all around. Just some idiot thinking he was an exception to all things. Anyways, I got the truck off the family and the FD pulled them out.

One other time I was also pushed out of the way by a trooper and a vehicle going at least 70mph hits the wrecker right where I was standing. The trooper rolled under the wrecker and I jumped on top of the fuel tank. I would have been killed for sure.

I have never seen it so bad on the interstates. It just seems like it gets worse every year. There are many tow truck drivers, highway workers and police officers killed every year on the highways because of sheer stupidity. Think about it. It sucks. When you see a flashing light or a sign on a highway, pay a little extra attention because someone is out there working and chances are they have a kid at home waiting for them or a wife or parents that need them as well. Thanks. I wont bring this stuff up again.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 4th, 2015 at 5:26:02 PM permalink

I have never seen it so bad on the interstates. It just seems like it gets worse every year..

I think it has something to do with all
the crap there is in cars to distract
you now. My wife bought a new car
last summer and the dash is like
control central. There is so much to
look at and take your attention off the
road.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 5:36:06 PM permalink
That, plus phones, also everything has to be right now and instant, etc.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 4th, 2015 at 7:42:54 PM permalink

Not construction. Emergency response.
Trucking and transportation related haz mat spill clean up and heavy wrecker work, ie; tractor trailer accidents.

Sounds like most of your employees arrive AFTER an accident and its only the rare drunk driver who later appears. Most of the laws against texting CAUSE accidents because the driver must hide the phone below the window level and look down at it.

What about operating a Truck Stop and Heavy Rig Repair business?
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 7:55:38 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Sounds like most of your employees arrive AFTER an accident and its only the rare drunk driver who later appears. Most of the laws against texting CAUSE accidents because the driver must hide the phone below the window level and look down at it.

What about operating a Truck Stop and Heavy Rig Repair business?

I had both along with the heavy wreckers before. Gas is very little money for an independent operator anymore and lots of problems. If I get into anything else, I think I would do a custom wheel and tire store in a large city or possible a pawn shop with other services. I have thought about it more than once the past couple of months.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 4th, 2015 at 8:19:27 PM permalink

pawn shop with other services.

Pawn shops are a tough go. They require
you to have permits and licenses and you
need an encyclopedic knowledge of what
the value is of thousands of different
things. Don't let the clowns on Pawn Stars
fool you, a real pawn shop is a gritty
business with a lot of BS attached to it.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 4th, 2015 at 8:19:56 PM permalink
Seems to me with trauma cases nobody really knows what to do and often survival is probably just luck having injuries in the right places. It would be horrible in the situation personally or as a supporter and I hope you can take it well.
I am a robot.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 9:37:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Pawn shops are a tough go. They require
you to have permits and licenses and you
need an encyclopedic knowledge of what
the value is of thousands of different
things. Don't let the clowns on Pawn Stars
fool you, a real pawn shop is a gritty
business with a lot of BS attached to it.

Title loans on cars, trailer sales, western union/money gram, pre paid cards, phones, large volume of tools and equipment, etc. More Hard Core Pawn as well. Not fruit cake Pawn Stars or the California crap. I did quite well in a rural setting dabbling in used equipment, tools and trailers, etc., without even trying before. Just thinking.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 9:39:20 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Seems to me with trauma cases nobody really knows what to do and often survival is probably just luck having injuries in the right places. It would be horrible in the situation personally or as a supporter and I hope you can take it well.

I wish no ill on anyone for anything. Innocent people get hurt cause of the stupidity and malice of others. I learned tons from it and value lots more these days.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
March 4th, 2015 at 10:03:31 PM permalink

Title loans on cars, trailer sales, western union/money gram, pre paid cards, phones, large volume of tools and equipment, etc. More Hard Core Pawn as well. Not fruit cake Pawn Stars or the California crap. I did quite well in a rural setting dabbling in used equipment, tools and trailers, etc., without even trying before. Just thinking.

How about an FFL on top of it? There's good money in secondhand firearms.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 4th, 2015 at 11:32:48 PM permalink

I suggest you think again about pawn shops. Its a has been industry. Sure Vegas might be different and Florida is different because in Florida all it takes is for the homeless guy to say the three computers he is pawing are not stolen. Homeless? THREE computers? So Florida means thieves don't have to go to flea markets to fence goods they can also go to Honest John's Pawn Shop. Nicking the poor to transfer money via Western Union might be okay but more and more bills can be paid via paypal or bank accounts and even the poor no longer need to use western union money orders and if they do.... grocery stores that sell beer and wind will be where they go to get them, not your place.

Title loans on cars........ so foreclose.. the car is no longer working and not worth repairing.
Trailer Sales.... you may need to hire a lawyer because there will always be some 'buyer' who claims he paid for it but didn't know he had to get paper work from the DMV.

Now the tools and equiment might be a possibility... cement mixers, forklifts, auto jacks, etc.

But people who get convinced to get into pawn brokering tend to regret it nowadays.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 5th, 2015 at 12:18:49 AM permalink

I

But people who get convinced to get into pawn brokering tend to regret it nowadays.

I agonizes me no end to agree with
Flea on anything, but I do.

Sigh. Sniffle..
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 5th, 2015 at 12:37:03 AM permalink

. Most of the laws against texting CAUSE accidents because the driver must hide the phone below the window level and look down at it.

FleaStiff seriously?

You're blaming the laws for the accidents?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
March 5th, 2015 at 1:27:16 AM permalink
Do you know what the name of this thread is? Kiss my ass. I'll never retire.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
March 5th, 2015 at 2:02:33 AM permalink
I can't believe that a punk ass little thread like this got so many views and so many comments. I skipped ovet the comments because I know it is sick shit. You either have the balls to make it in the gambling world or you don't. No inbetween, assholes. You can either stand or you can fade. You have to have a big set of nuts on you to do what I do. It don't mean that I don't like because you don't have that big set of nuts. It just means I know the differance.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
1BB
1BB
March 5th, 2015 at 3:16:18 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

I can't believe that a punk ass little thread like this got so many views and so many comments. I skipped ovet the comments because I know it is sick shit. You either have the balls to make it in the gambling world or you don't. No inbetween, assholes. You can either stand or you can fade. You have to have a big set of nuts on you to do what I do. It don't mean that I don't like because you don't have that big set of nuts. It just means I know the differance.

This thread is about the untimely and very sad death of someone's co-worker and friend.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
1BB
1BB
March 5th, 2015 at 3:51:08 AM permalink

How tragic that this was not the first time that an employee has died in your arms while doing his job. That's two too many or was it more than two? As one who has had young men die in his arms, I know how it feels. I know what it's like to hear their last words, to hear them pray or call out for their mothers. My eyes are welling up as I type. I have also had the extreme honor of participating in military funerals and it's very difficult to control emotions, especially when there's a live bugler. You do it for the families, it's the least they deserve.

Can you post a link or direct us to the newspaper articles on this latest accident?

Has a fund been established for the family. Post the details and I'll be happy to send something.

I believe all 50 states have enacted the Move Over Law and have different penalties depending on the severity. Which state was this?
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 5th, 2015 at 4:14:41 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

How tragic that this was not the first time that an employee has died in your arms while doing his job. That's two too many or was it more than two? As one who has had young men die in his arms, I know how it feels. I know what it's like to hear their last words, to hear them pray or call out for their mothers. My eyes are welling up as I type. I have also had the extreme honor of participating in military funerals and it's very difficult to control emotions, especially when there's a live bugler. You do it for the families, it's the least they deserve.

Can you post a link or direct us to the newspaper articles on this latest accident?

Has a fund been established for the family. Post the details and I'll be happy to send something.

I believe all 50 states have enacted the Move Over Law and have different penalties depending on the severity. Which state was this?

This is the second time and it sucks. There is insurance and it will pay off. I will post later on but right now it is a criminal case and I rather not until it comes out in the papers.

Again thanks for the thoughts. I probably wouldn't have felt the way I do, but I have a 2 and half yr old and I can only imagine his mom, the love of my life telling him, I would never be there again. It is hard enough as we both live in different places and see each other only a few times a month. We are not divorced we choose this because of my company being 250 miles away and not in the same locale.
  • Jump to: