Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 4th, 2015 at 4:34:57 AM permalink
Well, another co-worker and valued employee was killed last night. Again, past away while crying about his kids in my arms waiting on Life flight. Damn paramedics refused to transport due to icing conditions on the interstate and the 60 mile ride to a Level 1 Trauma Center. I almost put him in my SUV and transported myself. When Life flight landed on the highway, he just past away. They tried to defibrillate him but no response. I went to smack the paramedic and the trooper pulled me away.

It's not the chemicals, the heavy wreckers, the equipment or the weather. It's the crap-for-brains motorists texting and talking on their phones. If its not that it is just plain having no brains and driving way too fast for conditions, but gotta go, gotta go, I can handle my vehicle on ice doing 50mph or greater, sure dumb ass. When the trooper put the handcuffs on the motorist after pulling him out of his vehicle, maybe he will realize what he did?? Probably not. Hit a highway emergency worker and it is a felony, it was murder plain and simple. The flagger saw this guy enter the work zone at a high rate of speed and playing with his phone. The state trooper did take his phone as evidence and I am sure they will run the numbers on it and find out.

I want out of this thing soon. Maybe I will do a custom wheel and tire shop or an adult business once again. Whatever, I am tired of employees dying in my arms.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 301
March 4th, 2015 at 4:48:49 AM permalink
wow, you may be right, what you are going through is too much to take
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 4th, 2015 at 5:55:22 AM permalink
WOW my condolences - very sad
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 6:16:51 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

WOW my condolences - very sad

Thanks, about 20 mins after you called I went out. I was actually making notes for the April Vegas trip as I was on the way to the site. Life is short.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 4th, 2015 at 6:25:36 AM permalink
I don't know what you do, but it sounds like road construction. I have often wondered the wisdom of doing construction during the overnight hours. Yes, it has less impact on traffic, but you are working in poorer driving conditions from a visibility standpoint, you are more likely to have an intoxicated driver during those hours, and particularly in winter, whatever melting agent you use tends to be less effective in the overnight hours as whatever moisture remains on the road tends to glaze over.

I am not disparaging your co-workers death, but I think incidents like this raise the wisdom of these decisions.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 4th, 2015 at 6:28:08 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I don't know what you do, but it sounds like road construction. I have often wondered the wisdom of doing construction during the overnight hours. Yes, it has less impact on traffic, but you are working in poorer driving conditions from a visibility standpoint, you are more likely to have an intoxicated driver during those hours, and particularly in winter, whatever melting agent you use tends to be less effective in the overnight hours as whatever moisture remains on the road tends to glaze over.

I am not disparaging your co-workers death, but I think incidents like this raise the wisdom of these decisions.

Not construction.

Emergency response.

Trucking and transportation related haz mat spill clean up and heavy wrecker work, ie; tractor trailer accidents.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 4th, 2015 at 6:34:44 AM permalink
Ah. okay. I understand. I am sure in that profession you routinely have to put people in harms way in some very undesirable conditions. It has to be a tough job because you deal with a lot of tragedy. God bless.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 28
March 4th, 2015 at 6:44:17 AM permalink
Damn that is hard to read. I'm sorry
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
March 4th, 2015 at 6:44:50 AM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

Well, another co-worker and valued employee was killed last night. Again, past away while crying about his kids in my arms waiting on Life flight. Damn paramedics refused to transport due to icing conditions on the interstate and the 60 mile ride to a Level 1 Trauma Center. I almost put him in my SUV and transported myself. When Life flight landed on the highway, he just past away. They tried to defibrillate him but no response. I went to smack the paramedic and the trooper pulled me away.

It's not the chemicals, the heavy wreckers, the equipment or the weather. It's the crap-for-brains motorists texting and talking on their phones. If its not that it is just plain having no brains and driving way too fast for conditions, but gotta go, gotta go, I can handle my vehicle on ice doing 50mph or greater, sure dumb ass. When the trooper put the handcuffs on the motorist after pulling him out of his vehicle, maybe he will realize what he did?? Probably not. Hit a highway emergency worker and it is a felony, it was murder plain and simple. The flagger saw this guy enter the work zone at a high rate of speed and playing with his phone. The state trooper did take his phone as evidence and I am sure they will run the numbers on it and find out.

I want out of this thing soon. Maybe I will do a custom wheel and tire shop or an adult business once again. Whatever, I am tired of employees dying in my arms.

Forget about the murders and raped children, I'd like to know how many THOUSANDS of Americans are dead because the ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America, the illegal aliens turned "dreamers".
Keep enjoying that hope and change suckers.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 4th, 2015 at 6:49:05 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

the ruling party refuses to deport the worst drivers in America, the illegal aliens turned "dreamers".

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those clueless 80 year old asian women are here legally...:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: