MrWarmth
MrWarmth
  • Threads: 15
June 18th, 2014 at 4:46:37 PM permalink
Since I'm still somewhat new and the site isn't, I read every now and then about former posters that were notorious for wanting to win the internet or whatever. I don't really have criteria in mind, but it'd be interesting to have the long-term members/frequent posters (EvenBob, Nareed, FleaStiff, DJTeddyBear. pacomartin, etc.) chime in on who they think were the most notorious former members were and why. Anybody's input would be fun, though, to a noob!

Some of the people at the bottom of the suspension list are Chuck, JerryLogan, mkl654321, Martin, and bjgod/blackjackgolden/ibow ... any fond memories of these folks?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
June 18th, 2014 at 4:49:44 PM permalink
Change thread title to: "Wanna get suspended? Post here!"
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
  • Threads: 15
June 18th, 2014 at 4:51:27 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Change thread title to: "Wanna get suspended? Post here!"

??? That's not what I meant to do. I just thought that reminiscing about former troublemakers would be fun and interesting. Mods, if not, feel free to delete, no worries.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
June 18th, 2014 at 4:56:02 PM permalink
Quote: MrWarmth

Since I'm still somewhat new and the site isn't, I read every now and then about former posters that were notorious for wanting to win the internet or whatever. I don't really have criteria in mind, but it'd be interesting to have the long-term members/frequent posters (EvenBob, Nareed, FleaStiff, DJTeddyBear. pacomartin, etc.) chime in on who they think were the most notorious former members were and why. Anybody's input would be fun, though, to a noob!

Some of the people at the bottom of the suspension list are Chuck, JerryLogan, mkl654321, Martin, and bjgod/blackjackgolden/ibow ... any fond memories of these folks?

Mr. Warmth,

Your idea of fun is my idea of a disaster waiting to happen. I respectfully request, just short of closing the thread altogether, that anyone who wishes to respond to this do so via PM to the OP rather than public bashing and rehashing of past ugly arguments. Thank you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 186
June 18th, 2014 at 5:00:18 PM permalink
All these sites have hundreds of people lurking with zero posts so I'll politically correct say them.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
June 18th, 2014 at 5:49:45 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Mr. Warmth,

Your idea of fun is my idea of a disaster waiting to happen. I respectfully request, just short of closing the thread altogether, that anyone who wishes to respond to this do so via PM to the OP rather than public bashing and rehashing of past ugly arguments. Thank you.

Why do you threaten to close threads? Rather than censorship why not see how it plays out? The people mentioned by MrWarmth were some of the most interesting we've had.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
June 18th, 2014 at 5:59:52 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Why do you threaten to close threads? Rather than censorship why not see how it plays out? The people mentioned by MrWarmth were some of the most interesting we've had.

The OP invited me/mods to delete the thread. I made an alternate suggestion, because there's a definite potential for carnage, as Fins noted. Your accusation is unfounded and misdirected.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
June 18th, 2014 at 6:08:11 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The OP invited me/mods to delete the thread. I made an alternate suggestion, because there's a definite potential for carnage, as Fins noted. Your accusation is unfounded and misdirected.

Okay, got it. If I need something in the future I'll ask MrWarmth.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 260
June 18th, 2014 at 6:09:35 PM permalink
The only poster I ever bash is Fleastiff. I would hope others adopt similar attitudes.

Better to focus on winning rather than on losing.
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
  • Threads: 24
June 18th, 2014 at 6:15:33 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

The only poster I ever bash is Fleastiff. I would hope others adopt similar attitudes.

Better to focus on winning rather than on losing.

Should we all insult Fleastiff? Lol
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.

• Jump to: