Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 11th, 2014 at 4:46:10 PM permalink
Just a quick reminder WoVCon Four is but two weeks and one day away.

The details are here: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/17289-wov-spring-fling-2014-head-count/#post335550
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
April 13th, 2014 at 10:52:24 AM permalink
WoVCon Four is now under two weeks away.

Factoid on history for this reminder:

Diocletian was not only one of the better emperors to rule the Roman Empire, but also a man of solid integrity and, rarest of all things, a man who ruled in order to accomplish an objective. Once he had accomplished it, he retired in never sought power again.

But he made one really bad mistake: he ordered all Roman subjects, including Jews and Christians, to perform sacrifices to the gods. While he did not demand either of these groups renounce their faith, he had to know they would not comply. This lead to the great persecution against Christians (pressumably against some Jews as well; though if memory serves they may have still performed sacrifices to Jehovah at their temples as part of their own rituals, and might have gotten away with offering such sacrifices "in the name of some dead Caesar.") Some of his successors, unfortunately, had it in for Chrisitans.

Not that Christianity as a whole learned tolerance for other religions, having been victimized themselves. As soon as Christianity gained power both in the religious and political spheres, they were as intolerant of others as the pagans had been of them.
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
April 13th, 2014 at 1:00:58 PM permalink
Are there any pre-WoVCon events/gatherings/activities on April 22 or 23? I am interested in those.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
Nareed
Nareed
April 14th, 2014 at 11:35:31 AM permalink
Quote: pokerface

Are there any pre-WoVCon events/gatherings/activities on April 22 or 23? I am interested in those.

I don't know of any. But I'll be arriving on the 21st and have no plans prior to the 24th
  • Jump to: