RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
February 21st, 2014 at 8:57:30 AM permalink
What is this forum coming to? Here we have a great country vs country flaming war, and the classic who's smarter than who, and not a single suspension yet? Come on, show some passion.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
February 21st, 2014 at 9:02:59 AM permalink
I love how before hockey games, you hear Canada's rather generic anthem followed by our celebration of how our attempt to take them over only almost led to our utter destruction.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
February 21st, 2014 at 9:04:52 AM permalink
Y'all know I was kidding. Not all Canadian men get nice with polar bears, just the kinky ones ;)

Now I got to go to watch the game on my 60" HD flatscreen. Not in an igloo, on the black and white, with bunny years, powered by a generator.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 21st, 2014 at 9:31:21 AM permalink
All the employees who work on tips love Canada here in the United States.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
February 21st, 2014 at 9:42:23 AM permalink
No score at the end of the 1st but the US definitely got outplayed. The US seemed to really have some problems at center ice and pushing the puck into the Canadian end of the ice. The power play was pathetic. Hopefully the second period will be better.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 21st, 2014 at 9:43:44 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

All the employees who work on tips love Canada here in the United States.

Pretty sure no one likes Canada.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
February 21st, 2014 at 9:44:44 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

No one's feelings were hurt. We just don't care about Canada down here. lol

+10
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 21st, 2014 at 9:47:55 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Dealers usually don't like any foreigners since they are horrible tippers on average. They know they should tip, but pretend they don't so they can get away with it. The good tippers would get washed out by the stiffs more often.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 21st, 2014 at 11:00:06 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

I will sit down with anyone of you and tell you more about the u.s than you can tell me about canada. your education system sucks.

I am not sure that US citizens are any less cognizant of Canada than they are of Mexico. It's easier to remember the capital city of Mexico than Canada, even for the most hard core ignorant. A fairly high percentage of adults do not know the capital of Canada.

Of course a 1 in 4 Americans doesn't know Earth circles sun, so by comparison, not knowing about when if Canada became independent prior to or after the American civil war seems pretty mild.

A lot of smart people get scientific facts wrong, and it doesn't mean they are uneducated. In the 1987 documentary "A Private Universe," Harvard students, faculty and alumni were asked what causes the four seasons. Nearly everyone interviewed incorrectly explained that seasons change when the Earth gets closer or farther from the sun in orbit rather than because of the tilt of its axis.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 21st, 2014 at 11:10:53 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Pretty sure that's wrong.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

• Jump to: