Yo11
Yo11
  • Threads: 5
February 2nd, 2014 at 1:55:36 PM permalink
The New York Times is reporting that actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment today, apparently of a heroin overdose.

Find the Times article here.

What an actor this man was. His list of accomplishment is profound. My condolences to his family.
Yo field, yo come, both gunna get you some!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:02:46 PM permalink
From the article:

Quote: NYT

The plastic envelopes near Mr. Hoffmanís body that were believed to be heroin were stamped with two drug brands: one had purple letters spelling the words Ace of Spades and the other had a red icon of the ace of hearts, according to a law-enforcement official.

I denounce any involvement!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:04:24 PM permalink
The list grows and grows, of actors who just can't
say no to drugs. Rich and famous isn't enough,
gotta be high all the time too. His best work was
probably in front of him.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Yo11
Yo11
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:22:12 PM permalink
Don't you think it take a certain personality type to become an actor/musician? I wouldn't doubt that most of them have experimented with drugs. They're emotional people, and I think they deal with things differently than say a Marine Drill Sergeant.

(R Lee Ermey is the one to watch...)
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:22:31 PM permalink
I guess that this means more work for Norbert Leo Butz.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:24:44 PM permalink
Does not take a special personality to be a drug addict ! It's just the famous one's whose deaths make the front pages.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Yo11
Yo11
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:31:30 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Does not take a special personality to be a drug addict ! It's just the famous one's whose deaths make the front pages.

Not what I said.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:36:48 PM permalink
Never meant in that vein at all. Just some people think drugs are a sign of a certain personality fault. And that one profession is more prone than another. I dealt with drug addicts as Chief Shop Steward at AT&T as well as in my personal life. Very few winners in that game.

Replying to Bob " Rich and famous isn't enough,
gotta be high all the time too. "

There but for the grace of God goes I.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:51:19 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Actually...
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
February 2nd, 2014 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The list grows and grows, of actors who just can't
say no to drugs. Rich and famous isn't enough,
gotta be high all the time too. His best work was
probably in front of him.

"H" claims another victim.

I think actors are are predisposed to get hooked. Actors are almost always attention-whores. That is why they go into performing in the first place, they like the attention. But they are not "on" all the time. So they get high to escape being alone.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: