SlackJawYokel
SlackJawYokel
  • Threads: 7
June 14th, 2013 at 2:31:57 PM permalink
I finished a Tough Mudder a few weeks ago and at the end they give you a special orange head band and a finisher tee shirt. I took these and threw them in a corner along with the bib that I wore never to be seen again. I figured that they may have value to someone else so I posted them on ebay not expecting to get any activity or bids. Well to my surprise it sold in the first few hours that I had posted it for a crazy buy it now price. (someone emailed me and I wanted the transaction through ebay hence the buy it now) I was planning on donating the money, if any, to wounded warrior, the charity that this particular organization supports and donates a portion of the proceeds too.

Now my gripe with this is.... someone probably bought this stuff and is saying they did the event. I can really think of no other plausible reason that someone would want the headband, shirt and bib. It is viewed as an accomplishment to finish this race as it is billed "probably as the toughest event on the planet". I adamantly disagree with that but it is for another discussion.

My questions are as follows:

Was I wrong to sell my stuff so that someone else can probably brag and say they did it?
Does this show a lack of integrity on the buyers part in purchasing these items?
  • Jump to: