Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
May 27th, 2013 at 11:01:50 AM permalink
What type of phone do you all have? And how do you like it?
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
May 27th, 2013 at 12:36:44 PM permalink
Motorola Droid X II. It's fine, but looks like I'll be changing to Apple 5 (contract period ends next month) so I can more easily communicate with the grand kids Apple products.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 27th, 2013 at 12:51:30 PM permalink
Verizon Pantech. Besides dropping it often, I fell in a swamp and submerged it for at least 3 straight minutes, and I just fell in the crick last week. There’s not so much as a wisp of steam under the screen, and it still works as good as they day I got it. Use it when it’s 95* and 100% humidity, used it for hours at -10*. My kid throws it, my gun bangs against it, it just doesn’t have any quit to it.

Just wish the battery lasted longer than 6 hours =/
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
May 27th, 2013 at 3:49:46 PM permalink
Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch. It's my first smart phone so I have nothing to compare it to. But I love it. Decent signal almost anywhere. Easy to use, Love the variety of Android Apps, especially lots of free ones. The only problem I had was the battery crapped out on me after 14 months. Paid $30 for a new battery and it works fine.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
May 27th, 2013 at 6:58:24 PM permalink
I've got an IPhone 4. Like it. My daughter has the 4S, also likes it. But I know there's better phones out there. My next phone will likely be a Blackberry -- gotta support my friends down the road in Waterloo.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
May 27th, 2013 at 7:31:37 PM permalink
Galaxy S3. It is a great phone in many ways, but the GPS sucks. It keeps losing the satellites. I've read that this is an Android thing as much as a Samsung thing, having to do with the 4.1 update, but it still pisses me off.

It does all the other stuff great, though, and it's fast as hell.
A falling knife has no handle.
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
May 27th, 2013 at 7:33:05 PM permalink
I also have a Note and it allows me to leave my laptop behind when I travel. My old smartphone had too small a screen to actually accomplish any real work. Did you download Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Beethoven? I like it much better than the original OS.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
May 27th, 2013 at 9:38:22 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I've got an IPhone 4. Like it. My daughter has the 4S, also likes it. But I know there's better phones out there. My next phone will likely be a Blackberry -- gotta support my friends down the road in Waterloo.

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
May 27th, 2013 at 9:42:52 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

I also have a Note and it allows me to leave my laptop behind when I travel. My old smartphone had too small a screen to actually accomplish any real work. Did you download Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Beethoven? I like it much better than the original OS.

FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
May 27th, 2013 at 11:11:11 PM permalink
Does anyone else have a Windows phone? I love my HTC Windows 8, but I am getting worried that no one seems to be buying any.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
May 27th, 2013 at 11:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

Does anyone else have a Windows phone? I love my HTC Windows 8, but I am getting worried that no one seems to be buying any.

No offense Padre, but I would have imagined you to be one of the last people on the forum with a Windows phone. As for myself, I have a old, not very smart phone by LG that Verizon no longer offers to their customers. Probably means I should get a new one...

Also your post was at 11:11:11 PDT, hit the craps table! LOL
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
May 27th, 2013 at 11:40:29 PM permalink

Does anyone else have a Windows phone?

How is Windows Phone 8 anyway? Haven't fiddled around with it yet, but I'm curious as to how it stacks up. Personally, I think iOS and Android are overrated.
aluisio
aluisio
  • Threads: 19
May 28th, 2013 at 3:55:13 AM permalink
I have an iPhone 5 that I've bought in the Apple Store at the Forum Shops in Vegas. Do not regret it, though I am suspicious to say, since I am an apple fan.
No bounce, no play.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
May 28th, 2013 at 5:23:01 AM permalink
I've also just changed from a HTC Sensation to the iPhone 5. The best thing about this new contract is that I can make and receive calls and texts, when I'm in the US, for free, provided that it's a UK number.
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
May 28th, 2013 at 7:32:44 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Ah, another Note user! I actually upgraded to Jelly Bean recently, and I like it although ICS is just as good, IMHO. Are you going to get the Note 3?

No immediate plans for an upgrade although I tend to keep things for a while. My Toshiba notebook is 6 years old.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
May 28th, 2013 at 8:18:13 AM permalink
Motorola Photon 4G.

This was my first smartphone, and I wanted Android OS.
I like the option of being able to modify the phone's loaded code, if I so desire later on.
Unfortunately, Motorola never provided a supported unlock for the Photon. There are hack unlocks available, but the loaded code has never annoyed me enough to want to go through the hassle of unlocking the phone.

I hardly use any features of the smartphone though, although I have used the MAPS app quite a bit, and it is pretty accurate. I have not had any issues with the GPS, so I don't believe that is an Android issue like was reported in a prior post. I bet that is very much phone dependent.

I do wish manufacturers would stop deciding what is best for me on a phone, and instead, let me pick the features I want to have. While my phone is pretty fast, it could be a real speed demon with the few apps I run, if I could just turn off the rest of the crap I will never use.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
10DollarBri
10DollarBri
  • Threads: 2
May 28th, 2013 at 3:00:15 PM permalink
I have a 5 year old no name flip phone that has a Verizon logo on the front. It has no camera, no games, and 3 or 4 ring tones. Its the kind of phone you would get for your grandma. The battery only needs charging every 6 days. Don't send me a text because it costs me a quarter:)
I know nothing!
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
May 28th, 2013 at 3:18:37 PM permalink

HTC Titan user, Windows 7.5!

Love the phone, but wish they had better app support. And arrows on the keypad. It's hard to get to the middle of a word with precision.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 28th, 2013 at 5:11:23 PM permalink
Pantech Renue. It sucks; something of a bad middle between a basic flip phone and a smart phone. Managed to combine all the bad parts of both.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: