Quote: Buzzard

Glad you did not say Tight End.

Or its opposite: "Wide Receiver."
"What, me worry?"
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 16th, 2013 at 5:22:01 PM permalink
ESPN has been running footage of him telling an interviewer in October about meeting the girl and talking to her over the phone "every single night for four months."

So I can think of three possibilities:

1. He was in on it the entire time, and was aware it was a hoax, and did it for media coverage and Heisman votes, or

2. He was in on it the entire time, to cover up something else, such as being gay or a different Mormon-forbidden relationship, or,

3. He just thought he knew her online, but played up to the media saying how close he was to the dead girl, for the narrative and Heisman votes.

1 and 2 seem most likely. I think 3 is even more despicable, though.

The deadspin article has very good proof Te'o was in on it, including this gem:

Quote: deadspin.com

"They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
January 16th, 2013 at 8:25:04 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Or its opposite: "Wide Receiver."

Do you think he is practicing Safety sex?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 16th, 2013 at 8:29:41 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Do you think he is practicing Safety sex?

is that something to do with his Defensive Tackle?
[This space is intentionally left blank]
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2013 at 5:52:25 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

ESPN has been running footage of him telling an interviewer in October about meeting the girl and talking to her over the phone "every single night for four months."

With all the cock-and-bull cover-up from all the media, including CBS, the completely discredited Sports Illustrated and even The New York Times, it appears that not one reporter or editor has ever asked the simple question of how Te'o supposedly found out about her death.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 113
January 17th, 2013 at 6:53:19 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

With all the cock-and-bull cover-up from all the media, including CBS, the completely discredited Sports Illustrated and even The New York Times, it appears that not one reporter or editor has ever asked the simple question of how Te'o supposedly found out about her death.

EXCELLENT question!!! Someone else must have called, someone with a phone number that can be traced... Can't they trace the number he supposedly called her on for hours at a time, too? What a liar he is!!! Anyone think of the possibility that he was set up by game - fixers... He could not have played worse in that championship game had he tried.... Perhaps he was being blackmailed.... You suck (which he did!) or else we spill the beans?
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
January 17th, 2013 at 7:14:04 AM permalink
I wonder if I'm being duped at WoV?

Is the Wizard a fictitious person?
What about the rest of you? Do any of you exist?
Am I the only real person here?
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 17th, 2013 at 7:19:04 AM permalink
Well, if you were really a bookmaker, you would have posted a line on reality. Now I am wondering about YOU !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 181
January 17th, 2013 at 7:51:26 AM permalink
Supposedly his brother Brian told him.

As far as the gay angle, there is absolutely no evidence, other than high profile ultra-pious guy with an imaginary girlfriend.
NO KILL I
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 17th, 2013 at 1:29:31 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

I wonder if I'm being duped at WoV?

Is the Wizard a fictitious person?
What about the rest of you? Do any of you exist?
Am I the only real person here?

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

• Jump to: